Lolz. I laugh at my own comments too

Would recommend you check out shopify over bigcommerce
find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:31 AM #102

I wonder if cscart is one guy programming in his basement
cs-cart 4.2.1

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:54 AM #103

I wonder if cscart is one guy programming in his basement

I'd say they're a 2-3 man team trying to act like a 50 man team...

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• Fedor
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:26 AM #104

Dumb question: how do I check which version I am on?
I did the upgrade, there was a critical database error at the end of the process. The backend is working, but since then there are no upgrades available. I dont know if im on 4.3 or not

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 5070 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:39 AM #105

Guys, you can avoid all this stress and complaining ...just upgrade your Dev site first (which yes is standard practice), you do have dev sites dont you?. it is sheer foolishness to risk your sales on upgrading live and then blaming CS cart, when it could be lots of different things/problems.

4 14.1

• japanexp
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:07 AM #106

Hi, looks like all my customised Languages -> Translations have been overridden by the 4.3.1 upgrade...

Also in languages/translations, variables are not being filled in order emails like "Thank you for your interest in [company_name]."

BR filed

• amdowney
  • Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:16 AM #107

Guys, you can avoid all this stress and complaining ...just upgrade your Dev site first (which yes is standard practice), you do have dev sites dont you?. it is sheer foolishness to risk your sales on upgrading live and then blaming CS cart, when it could be lots of different things/problems.

How do you run a dev site exactly, in terms of licencing - will it have to be the cut down free version?

I am running a dev site in the demo period currently.
Stores: CCTV Kits & www.jmtb.co.uk

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 5070 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:20 AM #108

How do you run a dev site exactly, in terms of licencing - will it have to be the cut down free version?

I am running a dev site in the demo period currently.

In a sub directory on your server you can Install with full licence as usual but hide behind robots.txt disallow and close store when not working on it.
Or you can install on local machine.
this can give you some pointers http://kb.cs-cart.co...o-anotherserver

4 14.1

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22818 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:21 AM #109

Dumb question: how do I check which version I am on?
I did the upgrade, there was a critical database error at the end of the process. The backend is working, but since then there are no upgrades available. I dont know if im on 4.3 or not

Please run the URL in the following format:

http://your_domain.com/?version

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 1210     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 4025     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 1459      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• Pbraz
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:41 AM #110

So I installed a development copy of 4.3.1 in a subdirectory (already have a 4.3.1 in the root directory) so I have a development environment to work in.

I pointed the development version at a copy of the production database, change the store url in the store manager and updated the config.local.php file and also the .htaccess file and cleared the cache in admin and the browser.

The store and backend work perfect EXCEPT when I click the Visual Editor or Edit Onsite Content or Preview Layout it goes to my
production version and brings up the home page.

Can anybody advise on what might be wrong ?

Update - Problem fixed, forgot to update https url for site in store manager
Paul
www.gohorse.com.au
Horse Rugs Store

• Fedor
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:01 PM #111

So, the Google PageSpeed score is higher, dont know how it actually works, but a standard local page loading speed test indicates an INCREASE of 1,5s in loading time of 4.3. Strange.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3557 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:15 PM #112

Yea and currently they are busy on hosted cart or other products. Personally I am sick of waiting and waiting for nothing. My loyalty will be over the minute decent competitor steps in.

I'd say they're a 2-3 man team trying to act like a 50 man team...

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:16 PM #113

Guys,
I removed all the posts unrelated to Release or Upgrade. Thats not a good idea to chat in this thread, someone may be looking for a solution of your problems.

As for the upgrade problems:
If you have problems with restore of you have some other problems with 500 server error, try to change permission for the var/upgrade/ folder file to 755

kogi, CarStickersDecals, Kayokoko Swimwear, Onkel_Sid I apologize for the problems with upgrade, We are considering these issues in the new upgrade center that will be available since 4.3.1 (i.e upgrade from 4.3.1 -> 4.3.2)

All problems with upgrade are proceeded with the highest priority by our tech support and no points are charged for this.
Each problem is being investigated by one of CS-Cart developers and supervised by me.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:24 PM #114

just frustrating to see you market lazy loader as a new feature and it doesn't work :(
cs-cart 4.2.1

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:42 PM #115

Guys,
I removed all the posts unrelated to Release or Upgrade. Thats not a good idea to chat in this thread, someone may be looking for a solution of your problems.

As for the upgrade problems:
If you have problems with restore of you have some other problems with 500 server error, try to change permission for the var/upgrade/ folder file to 755

kogi, CarStickersDecals, Kayokoko Swimwear, Onkel_Sid I apologize for the problems with upgrade, We are considering these issues in the new upgrade center that will be available since 4.3.1 (i.e upgrade from 4.3.1 -> 4.3.2)

All problems with upgrade are proceeded with the highest priority by our tech support and no points are charged for this.
Each problem is being investigated by one of CS-Cart developers and supervised by me.

We have submitted a ticket...

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:49 PM #116

just frustrating to see you market lazy loader as a new feature and it doesn't work :(

can you check if your imagick is loadedd and png/jpg support enabled? probably this is a cause of our problems

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:51 PM #117

You probably have a hard-coded URL in some places rather than a relative path. Or some piece of code is not using the fn_url() function.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• CutRiteFX
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:33 PM #118

As for my issue of upgrading giving a blank page 500 error during the first part of the upgrade.
This was my response from Cs-cart

Please let me explain.

When the upgrade process is started, the upgrade package is downloaded and unpacked.
In your case, for some reason the package cannot be unpacked and therefore the upgrade process cannot be continued.
Please contact your system administrator to clarify what error was recorded in the error log at the moment the upgrade package was being unpacked.

Thank you.

packages.xml

When I try to extract the uc.tgz using the file manager from my hosting I get an error.
Download the file to my computer and it extracts just fine.
So it looks like my godaddy hosting might be having an issue.

I called them and they advised that my hosting may not support this file type. But he suggested they reboot the file manager on their end first.

So I may have to attempt to manually upgrade. Going to have to do some research to see the steps.
Scott

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:55 PM #119

Note that *.tgz is a very common format. Also note that cs-cart no longer uses the tar archive class but instead relies upon the PHP extension Phar. Phar can be very picky about extracting files. What was the error you got when you tried to unpack it via the file manager? Note that you should also examine your error_log for errors related to permissions.

Note too that Go Daddy is not exactly merchant quality hosting for a business critical application.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• CutRiteFX
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:11 PM #120

Note that *.tgz is a very common format. Also note that cs-cart no longer uses the tar archive class but instead relies upon the PHP extension Phar. Phar can be very picky about extracting files. What was the error you got when you tried to unpack it via the file manager? Note that you should also examine your error_log for errors related to permissions.

Note too that Go Daddy is not exactly merchant quality hosting for a business critical application.

\
The Server encountered an unspecified error.