Multi-Vendor Questions

Hi,

I would have asked this in the ‘Multi-Vendor’ section, but I can’t start a new topic.

Anyway, I’m developing a site for a craft group, who have enquired about using CS-Cart’s multi-vendor option, and have asked for a some functionality I need to check on before letting them know if it will work. Any advice on any of the following would be appreciated:

1. If the website has a general contact page with a contact form, is there any way of adding an option where the user can select which vendor they would like to direct the email at? Or will the email just go to an overall site admin who will have to redirect it from there?

2. As there are multiple vendors, who would be responsible for their own part of the store, if a customer ordered from multiple vendors and one was, for example, on holiday, could there be some sort of pop-up message or similar which would explain this and why there may be a delay in getting that one item?

That should cover everything they needed to know for now. If anyone can help, that would be great.

Thanks

Question #2 : I too would like a module or a feature through CSCart to offer “Vacation Mode” Or “Vendor Away For The Moment”. But currently this cart does not offer this feature. Another handy feature would be if there were a way to show when the Vendor were RETURNING back to open the shop. “Open - Tuesday March 24, 2015”

Hello guys,

Sadly the mentioned features are not in Multi-Vendor by default.

[quote name='matthew11' timestamp='1426672532' post='208235']

1. If the website has a general contact page with a contact form, is there any way of adding an option where the user can select which vendor they would like to direct the email at? Or will the email just go to an overall site admin who will have to redirect it from there?

[/quote]

The message will be sent to the e-mail address set in the admin (you can set several of them separated by comma but cannot specify to send it to one or another vendor).

If you a interested in the custom development of these two points let us know we'll be glad to help.

Best regards,

Alt-team

Note that there is the “Vendor pages” filling type for the blocks with CMS pages. Vendors can create their own forms and you can create a new block on the “Vendor details” page which will contain form of the selected vendor.

it is true that both features are absent in MVE

so we are glad to offer our services

Best regards,

WSA team

Re: #1

We revised our product pages and company pages to include an email contact link for each vendor.

Re: #2

Currently we advise our vendors to just disable all their current products in their dashboard when they're unavailable to fill orders.

Ideally there would be a real vacation switch, which left the products in the catalog, but let the customer know they wouldn't be available until X date. (It's near the top of our development list…)

[quote name='screenimages' timestamp='1426873295' post='208588']

Re: #2

Currently we advise our vendors to just disable all their current products in their dashboard when they're unavailable to fill orders.

Ideally there would be a real vacation switch, which left the products in the catalog, but let the customer know they wouldn't be available until X date. (It's near the top of our development list…)

[/quote]

Our team is also at your service

How show vendor name on product grid list?

I need change file /block/list_templates/grid_list.tpl , is it correct?

Right, please use this code:

{if $product.company_id}
{$product.company_id|fn_get_company_name}
{/if}

And do not forget to clear the cache then

Hello, in multi-vendor cs-cart 4.2 how could I add features info under products shown on the homepage? For now I can see product name, product price (optional with old price sliced) and quickview. Under product name I would like to add some custom features I made, like size, color etc.

On edit layouts page → Homepage, Block options for new added products I use: Template: Grid (Number of columns in the objects grid: 4). Wrapper: Sidebox Important.

Please tell me what file I need to edit and what changes to make. Thank you!

Sorry for multi post, I figured out. Thanks anyway!

Here's how to do it for others who might need:

1. Open the design/themes/Responsive/templates/common/product_data.tpl file of your installation and add the following part of code:

{capture name="product_brand_`$obj_id`"}

{include file="views/products/components/product_features_short_list.tpl" features=$product|fn_get_product_features_list:"H" no_container=true}
{/capture} {if $no_capture} {assign var="capture_name" value="product_brand_`$obj_id`"} {$smarty.capture.$capture_name nofilter} {/if}

after this one:

{if $no_capture}
{assign var="capture_name" value="product_features_`$obj_id`"}
{$smarty.capture.$capture_name nofilter}
{/if}

2. Open the design/themes/Responsive/templates/blocks/list_templates/grid_list.tpl file of your installation and add the following line of code:

```php

{assign var=“product_brand” value=“product_brand_$obj_id”}

{$smarty.capture.$product_brand nofilter}

above this line:
{assign var="rating" value="rating_$obj_id"} ```

can any one me is it possible to undo any action with cs cart multivendor…if any member by mistake deleted any data…tq

[quote name='akanjana' timestamp='1431699834' post='214521']

can any one me is it possible to undo any action with cs cart multivendor…if any member by mistake deleted any data…tq

[/quote]

Unfortunately, no. Please ask your hosting administrator if database backups are supported by your hosting plan.

Hi there

we are looking for a programmer who assist us on customizing Multi Vendor interface, as we need some further features on that.

Before to start we need to know:

• Why if we create a vendor it shows up also as supplier?
  • How can we make all products available to all vendors? now seems a product can be assigned to one single vendor only
  • Why when a vendors keep entering in his account he can see all other vendors listed?
  • Can we setup a different sales price on every vendor?
  • If a customer enters on a vendor web store, then he can see “all vendors” listed, that's not good, can we disable that?

Thank you for answering.

Please if you are an authorized programmer let us know, we need to add features by paying for the job

thank you

YouSellCenter

Hello.

[quote name='YouSellCenter' timestamp='1432483693' post='215586']

Hi there

we are looking for a programmer who assist us on customizing Multi Vendor interface, as we need some further features on that.

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]- Why if we create a vendor it shows up also as supplier?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]- How can we make all products available to all vendors? now seems a product can be assigned to one single vendor only [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]- Why when a vendors keep entering in his account he can see all other vendors listed?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]- Can we setup a different sales price on every vendor?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]- If a customer enters on a vendor web store, then he can see “all vendors” listed, that's not good, can we disable that?[/font][/color]

[/quote]

1. The Supplier functionality implemented as a separate module - CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation. Suppliers and vendors are different objects. Please clarify this point.
  2. Custom modification is required.
  3. Can you explain where exactly?
  4. Custom modification is required.
  5. You can disable block with vendor information and all links to vendor list page in customer area (index.php?dispatch=companies.catalog). We also can disable this controller.

Please contact us for quote

Thank you.

• How can we make all products available to all vendors? now seems a product can be assigned to one single vendor only
  • Why when a vendors keep entering in his account he can see all other vendors listed?
  • If a customer enters on a vendor web store, then he can see “all vendors” listed, that's not good, can we disable that?

Thank you for answering.

Please if you are an authorized programmer let us know, we need to add features by paying for the job

thank you

[/quote]

Our team has more than 8 years on experience with CS-Cart and Mult-Vendor. Alt-team has answered on all your questions correctly. If you are interested in the free quote, feel free to contact us

Hi there

Thank you for answering.

thank you

YouSellCenter

[/quote]

Hello,

Please feel free to contact us to get a free quote.

Sincerely yours,

CS-Market.

Hi there

Thank you for answering.

thank you

YouSellCenter

[/quote]

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#282828]Why if we create a vendor it shows up also as supplier?[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#282828]Answer - you need to clarify as other suggested[/color]

[color=#282828]- How can we make all products available to all vendors? now seems a product can be assigned to one single vendor only[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#282828]Answer - I understand your problem here. you need to make the task easier for other vendors by allowing them to copy the existing product. so this system is available with us perfectly. [/color]

[color=#282828]- Why when a vendors keep entering in his account he can see all other vendors listed?[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#282828]Answer - its a permission issue you need to setup the permission correctly.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#282828] [/color]

[color=#282828]- Can we setup a different sales price on every vendor?[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#282828]Answer - Yes. as you mentioned in the 2nd question that you need to allow other vendors to copy the existing product. we have included this functionality also. [/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#282828]- If a customer enters on a vendor web store, then he can see “all vendors” listed, that's not good, can we disable that?[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#282828]Answer - as the other Resellers suggested we can disable that block. [/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#282828]Please check your PM.[/color][/font][/size]

Did anyone end up developing a Vendor Vacation addon or modification. This should be a standard feature for a Multi Vendor Marketplace.

If anyone knows of an existing solution, I want it!

In the latest version the following feature is added:

• A vendor can get the Pending status more than once—a marketplace admin can change a vendor’s status from Active to Pending at the vendor’s request.

Hope you can use it