Suggestion to improve this CS-cart modification

Hello everybody,

As you can see I am new. This is my first post. I have kept far only reading your kind and smart commentaries. I have learned a lot with them.

I would like to introduce my site www.bogotacompra.com . I have launched it one month ago with the invaluable help of CS-Cart team. It is a modification using most of CS-Cart architecture

It is mainly local site (Stores in Bogota, Colombia) and its purpose is promoted not only Stores but products. (advertising)

Its content is mainly in Spanish, but you can use translation in some pages.

You can use the alternative currency to check some prices here in Colombia.

I would really appreciate your comments about these issues:

1. Speed (very slow, slow, average, fast, very fast)
  2. Useful
  3. Info organization
  4. Issues or problems do you detect.
  5. What suggestions do you have to improve the site?

(keep in mind a site must be open to the world… in english)

:slight_smile:

www.bogotacompra.com

The virtual store to sell and buy in real way

CS-Cart V1.3.4 sp3

[quote name=‘Gabgar’]

I would really appreciate your comments about these issues:

1. Speed (very slow, slow, average, fast, very fast)
  2. Useful
  3. Info organization
  4. Issues or problems do you detect.
  5. What suggestions do you have to improve the site?

[/QUOTE]

Speed is alright, loaded fast.

I like the concept, but there could be improvements to make the visitors a bit more aware of the purpose of the site. Read on…

I think there’s a lot of info here, and that isn’t bad. But you should be careful with your index page. An overwhelming amount of information right on the index page combined with too many animations can be confusing. I see you have a lot to tell and show your visitors, but putting everything in the home page and using animation to call the attention of visitors to that you REALLY think is important to say is not going to work.

Concentrate on a simple home page with some text combined with images of happy people, somewhat related to what you like to do. I really don’t mean to stir polemic here, but the picture x-cart used in their home page reflects exactly what every shop owner wants to do: administrate his online business from home while still spending quality time with his dear ones. That picture alone sells the idea. Agree?

The information is very scattered. I felt overwhelmed by it and didn’t know what the site was really offering until I took my time to find out. In a real situation users are not so willing to stay in a page if it doesn’t convey the message in a few seconds. If you take away all that clutter and split the layout into “related chunks” it would help a lot.

Well, I think I gave some already

Cheers and keep it up! The concept is great, but needs some fine-tunning :wink:

[quote name=‘illusion’]1.

Concentrate on a simple home page with some text combined with images of happy people, somewhat related to what you like to do. I really don’t mean to stir polemic here, but the picture x-cart used in their home page reflects exactly what every shop owner wants to do: administrate his online business from home while still spending quality time with his dear ones. That picture alone sells the idea. Agree?

[/QUOTE]

It is amazing, with only some words you explain clearly your ideas.

I agree with you: x-cart picture alone sells the idea. In my site could be useful “copy” some like that.

This show you are a business man join with a tech features. Good combination.

I will do some modifications following your comments and I will keep you posted.

Thanks a lot:D