• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Product Option Change Code? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• luckdragon
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:20 PM #1

is it possible for a product option to have it's own code?

for example, I have a product with a code of P101, but that code changes based on what size they pick..

so P101L, P101M, P101XL, etc... is it possible to assign a code to the specific variation options (preferably on a per-sku basis) and have it return the modified code when the order is actually placed?
We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
-------------------------------------------------------
CS-Cart v.1.3.5-SP4

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12050 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:09 PM #2

Yes, look at "option combinations"

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3967 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:25 AM #3

Who are you and what have you done with luckdragon!? Just kidding. Obviously you are posting under his account because luckdragon knows his way when it it comes to coding and how software/CSC works.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21796 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:07 AM #4

Yes, it is possible with option combinations.

Posted Image
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• luckdragon
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:14 PM #5

Thanks for the vote of confidence Tool, been a long time since I've done anything with CS-Cart.. and haven't done anything with the new 4.x versions.. seems like double work to create options and then option combinations just to change the code/SKU for it.. I'll look into it.. but from what I understood based on my reading, the CODES in the combinations get appended to the end of the code for the original, my problem with that is that I have some SKUs that I have options for that the sku is totally different depending on the option they choose, (like C212, C215, K414, D329, etc...)

Also I was basically asking if there was a mod out there to do this.. if not, I guess I'll just have to create my own :)
We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
CS-Cart v.1.3.5-SP4

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21796 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:11 AM #6

The product code will be replaced with combination code in this case, not added to the end. But note that the Track with options setting should be enabled for the product.
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• luckdragon
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:01 PM #7

The product code will be replaced with combination code in this case, not added to the end. But note that the Track with options setting should be enabled for the product.

thank you for pointing me in the right direction.. works beautifully :)
CS-Cart v.1.3.5-SP4

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21796 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:25 PM #8

thank you for pointing me in the right direction.. works beautifully :)

We are glad to help you

• JackConnick
  • Trial users
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:39 PM #9

Is there a way to have it append the product code with the options? This is sort of useless otherwise.

Jack

• JackConnick
  • Trial users
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:52 PM #10

Also is there a way to create global combinations of options? Combinations that can be applied to many products?

• JackConnick
  • Trial users
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:58 PM #11

And how does the option inventory work? It's not linked to a product code... You just have to manually adjust them?

• Olof
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:10 AM #12

JackConnick,

As you have found out, the current Option Combinations functionality leaves much to be desired...

Version 4.3.1 will make some improvements such as a little better import/export and allow for quantity per Option Combination. But as far as I know no absolute prices. i came across this add-on who will allow for this http://www.ecom-labs...ces-add-on.html

• JackConnick
  • Trial users
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:13 PM #13

Olof, Thanks for all your posts. I don't really need absolute prices, what I need are SKUs per option linked to products. I think as somebody pointed out - all products have SKUs.

Jack

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21796 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:25 AM #14

Olof, Thanks for all your posts. I don't really need absolute prices, what I need are SKUs per option linked to products. I think as somebody pointed out - all products have SKUs.

You can apply product code only to the product or product options combination. Note that it is possible to create combinations from 1 option only

• luckdragon
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:38 PM #15

Is there a way to have it append the product code with the options? This is sort of useless otherwise.

Jack

you can have it replace the product code totally, additionally, you can have inventory on a "per-option combination" basis, you just need to make sure that one of the options is set for inventory, and then set the product to "Track With Options"
CS-Cart v.1.3.5-SP4