Product Option Change Code?

is it possible for a product option to have it’s own code?

for example, I have a product with a code of P101, but that code changes based on what size they pick…

so P101L, P101M, P101XL, etc… is it possible to assign a code to the specific variation options (preferably on a per-sku basis) and have it return the modified code when the order is actually placed?

Yes, look at “option combinations”

Who are you and what have you done with luckdragon!? Just kidding. Obviously you are posting under his account because luckdragon knows his way when it it comes to coding and how software/CSC works.

Yes, it is possible with option combinations.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Tool, been a long time since I’ve done anything with CS-Cart… and haven’t done anything with the new 4.x versions… seems like double work to create options and then option combinations just to change the code/SKU for it… I’ll look into it… but from what I understood based on my reading, the CODES in the combinations get appended to the end of the code for the original, my problem with that is that I have some SKUs that I have options for that the sku is totally different depending on the option they choose, (like C212, C215, K414, D329, etc…)

Also I was basically asking if there was a mod out there to do this… if not, I guess I’ll just have to create my own :)

The product code will be replaced with combination code in this case, not added to the end. But note that the Track with options setting should be enabled for the product.

[quote name=‘eComLabs’ timestamp=‘1425978679’ post=‘207529’]

The product code will be replaced with combination code in this case, not added to the end. But note that the Track with options setting should be enabled for the product.

[/quote]

thank you for pointing me in the right direction… works beautifully :)

[quote name=‘luckdragon’ timestamp=‘1427803274’ post=‘209705’]

thank you for pointing me in the right direction… works beautifully :)

[/quote]

We are glad to help you

Is there a way to have it append the product code with the options? This is sort of useless otherwise.

Jack

Also is there a way to create global combinations of options? Combinations that can be applied to many products?

And how does the option inventory work? It's not linked to a product code… You just have to manually adjust them?

JackConnick,

As you have found out, the current Option Combinations functionality leaves much to be desired…

Version 4.3.1 will make some improvements such as a little better import/export and allow for quantity per Option Combination. But as far as I know no absolute prices. i came across this add-on who will allow for this [url=“The "Combination prices" Add-on for CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor”]http://www.ecom-labs.com/ready-to-use-add-ons/cs-cart-combination-prices-add-on.html[/url]

Olof, Thanks for all your posts. I don't really need absolute prices, what I need are SKUs per option linked to products. I think as somebody pointed out - all products have SKUs.

Jack

[quote name='JackConnick' timestamp='1429370020' post='211928']

Olof, Thanks for all your posts. I don't really need absolute prices, what I need are SKUs per option linked to products. I think as somebody pointed out - all products have SKUs.

[/quote]

You can apply product code only to the product or product options combination. Note that it is possible to create combinations from 1 option only

[quote name='JackConnick' timestamp='1429310384' post='211899']

Is there a way to have it append the product code with the options? This is sort of useless otherwise.

Jack

[/quote]

you can have it replace the product code totally, additionally, you can have inventory on a “per-option combination” basis, you just need to make sure that one of the options is set for inventory, and then set the product to “Track With Options”