• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Speed Boost In Cs-Cart 4.3.1 Beta Rate Topic   - - - - -

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:23 AM #161

P-Pharma,

What problems do you have with current protocol, and do you have any ideas on how to make it better?

Yes, but this was already discussed at length. The solution is:
Replace the current bug track (IP.tracker) for a real bug tracker.
Implement a good bug scrubbing protocol. The current one does not work. Because of this people give up on reporting bugs.
Stop closing bug reports before they are fixed.
Make it easy to see what the status of each bug is.
Only mark it fixed if the fix is included in a specific release. Make this easy to see.
Create an overview of all open bugs. For everyone to see.

Unreported - probably, but not lost or forgotten. I assume that there can be exceptions, and we can find some cases when bug was not fixed, but each such case is discussed individually, and if you have some of those let me know and will take it under control.

It is almost always needed to check back on bugs and ask when a fix will be provided. Especially if a fix has been promised long ago. Its needed to remind you, because it seems bugs are simply forgotten.
I dont think this is strange because your bug tracking software does not show which 'closed' bugs are bugs that need to be fixed.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:20 AM #162

Only mark it fixed if the fix is included in a specific release.

I would ammend this by saying it shouldn't be marked closed until the submitter has received the fix or the fix has been published either as a patch to in a new release.

I would be helpful (as standard in most defect tracking systems) to notify the submitter of all progress and dialog along the way.
I.e. when "under evaluation", tell them the result of that evaluation and then listen for feedback. Given language barriers, there is much to be lost in translation (no this is not a Bill Murray movie). Additionally, when a patch is available, they should have first crack at it to verify that it does indeed solve the problem. If the fix is too extensive for a patch then the submitter should be notified of what release it will be resolved in but NOT CLOSED until they verify or some policy-time-frame has been exceeded following the release.

Also note that "working as designed" is not a solution to a problem. Because a designer only partially implemented functionality or did not meet the need doesn't mean that no defect (in design or implementation) doesn't exist.

Because of this people give up on reporting bugs.

Absolutely. I personally only report bugs where I can't forsee there being an issue. Then I'm always surprised by the responses whether that be "adding as feature request" or "working as designed".

Maybe an option would be to have a selected group of merchants also review defects that you intend to "working as designed" to give feedback on whether the issue should be considered a defective product. I.e. involve your community and your customers.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:00 PM #163

Hey Guys,

We have released CS-Cart RC1 & Multi-Vendor RC1.
Changelog is available in the packages. By the way we change filters behavior as per your request.

And btw this is not a joke:)
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• teosu
  • Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:04 AM #164

how can update my sistem on local ?

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 5070 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:03 AM #165

how can update my sistem on local ?

checkout xammp

https://www.cs-cart....ling_cscart.htm

4 14.1

• teosu
  • Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:09 AM #166

:) no i know how can i run. i want try say. i want update my cs-cart 4.2.4 to 4.3.1 for testing theme ? how can update manually ?

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 5070 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:42 AM #167

http://kb.cs-cart.com/manual-upgrade

4 14.1

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:27 PM #168

imac - we desperately need this add-on as a core feature in CS-Cart. Currency is a huge problem for us clients that have multiple brands that all have different % currency rates by country..

http://forum.cs-cart...__fromsearch__1

Can you please consider this ASAP?

Thank You

Dave

cs-cart 4.2.1

• teosu
  • Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:36 PM #169

http://kb.cs-cart.com/manual-upgrade

says 1.35 :)

• teosu
  • Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:38 PM #170

anyway i install localley and tested all new functions. filters works on search page its amazing !

but here is big mistake, filters must be get first categories filter. when category filter selected later will be work another filters.

i think its important

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:29 PM #171

:) no i know how can i run. i want try say. i want update my cs-cart 4.2.4 to 4.3.1 for testing theme ? how can update manually ?

No such upgrade yet. You can not upgrade from 4.2.4 to unstable version.
We provide upgrades only for Beta & RC at the moment. E.g. you can upgrade from Beta4 to RC1
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• teosu
  • Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:31 PM #172

ok boss, can u fix search filters begin with category filter ?

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:31 PM #173

imac - we desperately need this add-on as a core feature in CS-Cart. Currency is a huge problem for us clients that have multiple brands that all have different % currency rates by country..

http://forum.cs-cart...__fromsearch__1

Can you please consider this ASAP?

Thank You

Dave

Sorry, no plans for adding this. Thats the kind of modification that third-party developers should do.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:34 PM #174

anyway i install localley and tested all new functions. filters works on search page its amazing !

but here is big mistake, filters must be get first categories filter. when category filter selected later will be work another filters.

i think its important

Don't think this is a problem. If you need to filter by a category, than go to this category and apply the filters.
Or maybe I missed the point?
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:48 PM #175

Sorry, no plans for adding this. Thats the kind of modification that third-party developers should do.

yea but an simple upgrade will blow away all product pricing... if we were to pay cs-cart to do the addon can it be included in all future versions?
cs-cart 4.2.1

• teosu
  • Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:53 PM #176

no boss i cant explain,
when search performed, filters working on search page. but i think first must be filter categories on search page.
eg: performed asus

brand = asus computer
cpu = i5 computer
mode=wireless modem

if firstly get categories filter its will be great. this way useless

Don't think this is a problem. If you need to filter by a category, than go to this category and apply the filters.
Or maybe I missed the point?

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:53 PM #177

yea but an simple upgrade will blow away all product pricing... if we were to pay cs-cart to do the addon can it be included in all future versions?

That depends on how this modification done. I suppose you won't lose the price after upgrade, but you better ask Alt-Team. They can test it on 4.3.1RC
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:23 PM #178

That depends on how this modification done. I suppose you won't lose the price after upgrade, but you better ask Alt-Team. They can test it on 4.3.1RC

hello imac,

i see in the changelog apc/xcache support added. how can apc be used ? settings in the config file?

thank you in advance.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22818 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:00 PM #179

Welcome to test RC1 on our server

http://dedic.ecom-la.../v431/admin.php

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 1210     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 4025     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 1459      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:14 PM #180

yes its in config file? someobe tested apc? results?