• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Speed Boost In Cs-Cart 4.3.1 Beta Rate Topic   - - - - -

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1850 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:48 AM #121

At lease there should be a way to make the filters work as before. Hope CS-Cart will consider this part.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for 365-day support and custom development service

• psithu
  • Trial users
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:51 AM #122

Hi,

I agree completely with brownleather and psithu. Pretending to increase speed regarding the use of filters adding an unnecessary and difficult to understand click is a dirty trick.

The behaviour on v.4.2.x should be maintained: when a user clicks on a filter, the system refreshes the products shown instantly, without any other click or http request.

It is absolutely out of any usability good practice, and won't be understood. If forced to choose between speed and usability regarding the filters feature, I would choose usability.

Please, reconsider this part. For me, it is critical regarding the adoption of the forthcoming 4.3.x release.

Regards,

Hello everyone,

As El Nucli says this particular method of increasing speed is indeed a "trick" (I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "dirty" trick, because I trust the motives of the team behind Cs-cart, and we are all on the same side. I'm only questioning the logic.). It is like displaying only 5 products at a time and claiming that's a valid way to decrease loading speed.

Again - and because I recognise that some people have different priorities, needs and opinions - I'm merely suggesting that this extra filtering step is made optional in the admin panel. That would surely be a win win situation and everyone would be happy!

Thanks!

• amdowney
  • Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:33 AM #123

The cart I just moved away from made the user click a button to re-apply and filters when going back to a listing page. Very annoying.
Stores: CCTV Kits & www.jmtb.co.uk

• pilotlove
  • Trial users
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:35 PM #124

big issue is speed -------------cscart is global website so must be fast.

when you test it on your local... famous and big website usually fast for WAITING (TTFB) ,,,,,,,

i TESTED WITH CSCART DEMO --------------normally 250ms~~1.2 s famous site 19ms~~~55ms

means ----> when some one click your address ""our website is waiting server response for 250ms~1s """"" this is huge diffrence

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:15 AM #125

Admin side - Export
Can you please add the "Promo Text" field to Product export?
Why - It is time consuming to alter promo text on every product individually so I choose not to use it at all.
If I can export and import promo text I will use it all the time.

We second this one... Add import and export for "Promo Text"

Will do this in next Beta.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1038 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:26 AM #126

Imac,
Will you also be including the ability to bulk edit the "Promo Text" field in the Admin?
Thanks,
Bob

Version CS-Cart 4.3.5

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:01 PM #127

Can we have changelogs with each beta release?

yes changwlog. i noticed that the reviews are now displayed under product description. cool ;)

Guys, changelog is not ready yet. We will try to prepare it for the next release.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:11 PM #128

Hi,

I agree completely with brownleather and psithu. Pretending to increase speed regarding the use of filters adding an unnecessary and difficult to understand click is a dirty trick.

The behaviour on v.4.2.x should be maintained: when a user clicks on a filter, the system refreshes the products shown instantly, without any other click or http request.

It is absolutely out of any usability good practice, and won't be understood. If forced to choose between speed and usability regarding the filters feature, I would choose usability.

Please, reconsider this part. For me, it is critical regarding the adoption of the forthcoming 4.3.x release.

Regards,

Guys, first of all thank you for the immediate feedback. This helps a lot.
Right now we are considering changes in Filters behavior, so filters will work the same way as before.
I will keep you informed.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:12 PM #129

big issue is speed -------------cscart is global website so must be fast.

when you test it on your local... famous and big website usually fast for WAITING (TTFB) ,,,,,,,

i TESTED WITH CSCART DEMO --------------normally 250ms~~1.2 s famous site 19ms~~~55ms

means ----> when some one click your address ""our website is waiting server response for 250ms~1s """"" this is huge diffrence

pilotlove,
What does it mean? Can you be more specific?
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• larryinfl
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:21 PM #130

Any info on 4.2 theme compatibility for 4.3?

Love CS-Cart, but the speed of the cart has been a concern, so the new speed improvements are very much appreciated. Looking forward to upgrading my sites. One of my major sites has a custom theme... I'm assuming it will not work?

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:25 AM #131

Hi imac, are you including any Indian payment gateways and shipping carriers to this release? CS cart is a very good software but it has nothing for Indian market and that's why it is not in demand here.

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:42 AM #132

Any info on 4.2 theme compatibility for 4.3?

Love CS-Cart, but the speed of the cart has been a concern, so the new speed improvements are very much appreciated. Looking forward to upgrading my sites. One of my major sites has a custom theme... I'm assuming it will not work?

larryinfl,

We hope that 4.2. themes will be upgraded smoothly. But that depends on how properly your custom theme was developed.
Do you have the theme from Marketplace or was it developed only for your store?
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:50 AM #133

Imac - are you also going to publish an addon developer guide for what needs to be reviewed/changed in addons (outside of themes) for 4.3.x? Similar to what you did for 4.2.x point releases. It was very helpful.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:59 AM #134

Hi imac, are you including any Indian payment gateways and shipping carriers to this release? CS cart is a very good software but it has nothing for Indian market and that's why it is not in demand here.

Hi shoppingmantra,

Right now we do not add new payment and shipping methods, because each of them requires some time from developers for maintain.
Can you please list most popular payments and shipping methods in India, maybe there is some statistics on it.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:00 AM #135

Imac - are you also going to publish an addon developer guide for what needs to be reviewed/changed in addons (outside of themes) for 4.3.x? Similar to what you did for 4.2.x point releases. It was very helpful.

Hi Tony,

We are working on it right now. I suppose we will publish it next week.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:16 AM #136

We are working on it right now. I suppose we will publish it next week.

Perfect, thank you.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:01 AM #137

Hi shoppingmantra,

Right now we do not add new payment and shipping methods, because each of them requires some time from developers for maintain.
Can you please list most popular payments and shipping methods in India, maybe there is some statistics on it.

Hi imac,

the motpuar payment operators are : Payu India, CCAvenue, Tech Process. the popular shipping

providers are: Bluedart, Fedex, Velex (Velocity Express)etc

Indian ecommerce industry is growing swiftly and it will become as a biggest Ecommerce hub in

the world. You should also take advantage of it. Suggest you to study Indian market requirements

and add some features to CS Cart

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:46 AM #138

Hi imac,

the motpuar payment operators are : Payu India, CCAvenue, Tech Process. the popular shipping

providers are: Bluedart, Fedex, Velex (Velocity Express)etc

Indian ecommerce industry is growing swiftly and it will become as a biggest Ecommerce hub in

the world. You should also take advantage of it. Suggest you to study Indian market requirements

and add some features to CS Cart

Hi imac, I have Payu and CCavenue installed on my server and if needed then I can send you package files to study

• psithu
  • Trial users
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:43 AM #139

Guys, first of all thank you for the immediate feedback. This helps a lot.
Right now we are considering changes in Filters behavior, so filters will work the same way as before.
I will keep you informed.

Great! Thanks for listening! :)

• samivohra
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:27 PM #140

Awaiting for multivendor to test