• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Speed Boost In Cs-Cart 4.3.1 Beta Rate Topic   - - - - -

• kogi
  • Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:11 PM #241

Normally you would need http_host and https_host set corectly in your config.local.php. But you may have to use the RewriteBase because the config.local.php is not setup yet for your site in the sub-directory.

I understand what you mean. But for a store import/upgrade , you would need the new cart to be installed in a subdirectory? Because that is what I want to test.

Http_host/https_host set. Rewritebase set. not working
find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:23 PM #242

I don't think so. You just need it to be on the same server (and probably within the same cPanel account for finding the database). So if your main store is physically installed in /home/someuser/public_html and your have installed your beta version in /home/someuser/beta_43 then you'd just specify /home/someuser/public_html as the path to upgrade from.

I'm not aware of any requirement for it to be a sub-directory. In fact (as you've discovered) this is an awkward place to do a new install.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• kogi
  • Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:31 PM #243

I'm not aware of any requirement for it to be a sub-directory. In fact (as you've discovered) this is an awkward place to do a new install.

hmm, Will cscart chime in here if there will be new upgrade procedure, or should I bug report? or have I just made a stupid error somewhere?

http://kb.cs-cart.co...th-store-import

First of all, download CS-Cart 4.2.x and install it to a separate destination on the same server as your existing CS-Cart 2.2.x or 3.0.x installation. The new CS-Cart store should be installed in a separate subdirectory of the current CS-Cart installation parent directory.

• kogi
  • Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:38 PM #244

*smacks forehead*

@tbirnseth. I just figured out that they probably don't want people using store import to upgrade from 4.2.x, those people can just use the in place upgrade.

Now I have to dig up an old v3 backup to test

• Petru
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:04 AM #245

I've noticed that on the ACME Corp vendor page, there is only 2 products, but 7 categories. When will there be dedicated categories for each vendor, and dedicated product URL's?

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:24 PM #246

I've noticed that on the ACME Corp vendor page, there is only 2 products, but 7 categories. When will there be dedicated categories for each vendor, and dedicated product URL's?

Petru,

Categories are common for all vendors and moderated by store owner.
Each vendor product has its own unique URL.

No plans to change this behavior.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:22 PM #247

imac - found a usability issue with the new on sale page...

It look like it will include products that are "manually" marked down. e.g when the list price does not equal the price. This is a very manual way for shop owners to handle this...

My suggestion is that you add the logic to look at all products that have a catalog promotion attached to them and display those products in the "on-sale" page.

Thanks
cs-cart 4.2.1

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:11 PM #248

imac - can you also add to the bulk product edit tool - the ability to bulk edit product tab?

Thanks you :)
cs-cart 4.2.1

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:20 PM #249

imac - found a usability issue with the new on sale page...

It look like it will include products that are "manually" marked down. e.g when the list price does not equal the price. This is a very manual way for shop owners to handle this...

My suggestion is that you add the logic to look at all products that have a catalog promotion attached to them and display those products in the "on-sale" page.

Thanks

http://forum.cs-cart...le-and-on-sale/

• alssafeer
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:58 PM #250

Jacek,

No such plans yet.
Please let me know why do you need Bootsrap 3.

Because Bootstrap 3 is targeted to be mobile-first.
  • Dropped IE7 and FF3.6 support.
  • Standard and responsive CSS combined into a single file.
  • Renamed Variables: Rename variables to use dashes instead of camelCase. For example, it's now @body-bg instead of @bodyBackground
  • No more @blue, @orange, instead its @brand-primary, @brand-success, and others. These are then assigned on a per-component basis (e.g., @state-warning-text, @btn-background-primary, etc)
  • Add retina image mixin with .img-retina()
  • New variables added like:- Change @component-active-bg and customize the active states of nav pills, dropdowns, and more.

Overhaul grid systems to make it fluid and mobile-first.
  • Removed separate fluid grid system, container, and layout
  • New single grid system uses .row (percentages not pixels), (padding over margin), and box-sizing: border-box, now.
  • Offsets are still 100% supported.
  • Instead of .span* and .offset*, we're now using .col-* and .col-offset-*, respectively.
  • Use .col-* classes for tiny devices (smartphones). And use .col-sm-* classes for small devices (tablets)
  • Add .col-push-* and .col-pull-* modifier classes for easy column source ordering.
  • Remove dedicated table grid classes.
  • Use of "max-width" instead of "width" on all .container instances is recommended to help prevent some issues with containers in components like navbars.

Buttons:
  • The default gray button requires two classes—class="btn btn-default".
  • Dropped .btn-inverse

Forms:
  • Remove input-prepend and input-append for singular .input-group
  • Dropped .form-search
  • Horizontal forms are now mobile-first, meaning at <768px, elements are stacked. Above that, elements are floated and appear side-by-side.
  • Checkboxes and radios now require an extra
  • Instead of .radio.inline, you now need a single class, .radio-inline, for direct use on a

Icons
  • Convert to Glyphicons v1.7 @font-face and drop the old PNGs.
  • All classes start with .glyphicon- instead of .icon-

Labels:-
  • Refactor labels to scale with their parent's font-size
  • Dropped the .label-inverse

Hero Unit to Jumbotron
  • Class changed from .hero-unit to .jumbotron
  • Lighter font-weight for headings
  • Scale font-size in responsive views.

Navs and Navbars
  • Remove .nav-list option. Replaced by the new .list-group component.
  • Drop support for .navbar-search
  • Overhaul styles of default navbar and its sub-components:
  • Dropdown menu carets (those attached to the actual menu, not the indicators) have been removed so that dropdown menus sit flat against the edge of the navbar.
  • Navbar vertical dividers have been brought in a smidge, meaning they do not extend the full height of the navbar.
  • No more box-shadow or gradients on the navbars.
  • Height of navbar has increased from 44px to 62px for mobile devices, and 50px for desktops.
  • Removed .navbar-inner and moved relevant styles to .navbar
  • Changed .navbar > .nav to .navbar-nav
  • Change .btn-navbar to .navbar-toggle
  • Changed .brand to .navbar-brand

Dropdowns:-
  • Remove submenus suport in dropdown menus.
  • Removed .nav-header and replaced with .dropdown-header

Modals:-
  • No longer require use of .hide
  • Reintroduces .modal-open on the body (so we can nuke the scroll there)
  • Adds a couple extra levels of markup (namely .modal-dialog and .modal-content) so we can scroll the entire modal rather than overflow a section within the modal.
  • Related, .modal is now the wrapper, and .modal-content is the modal itself. This is so we can still use position: fixed;, but make the modal relatively positioned so that scrolling moves the entire modal, not something with it.
  • Added a .modal-title for more consistent and useful targeting of the heading content (previously this was just an and selector performance wise that sucked).

Carousel:-
  • Redesign! Lighter styles for the previous and next controls, as well as the carousel captions.
  • Update required markup for carousel controls. The .carousel-control class now requires another element within it for the previous/next characters. Those characters are now Glyhpicons icons for improved styling and positioning across browsers and devices. Indicators are now bottom-middle aligned.
  • Captions are reinforced as optional and, by default, are hidden on mobile views, then shown for >768px viewports.

The above list is for for the common programmer. Previous answer caters very well for better programmers than myself.

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:37 AM #251

imac - can you also add to the bulk product edit tool - the ability to bulk edit product tab?

Thanks you :)

Kayokoko,

What do you mean under "edit product tab"
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:47 AM #252

Because Bootstrap 3 is targeted to be mobile-first.

• Dropped IE7 and FF3.6 support.
  • Standard and responsive CSS combined into a single file.
  • Renamed Variables: Rename variables to use dashes instead of camelCase. For example, it's now @body-bg instead of @bodyBackground
  • No more @blue, @orange, instead its @brand-primary, @brand-success, and others. These are then assigned on a per-component basis (e.g., @state-warning-text, @btn-background-primary, etc)
  • Add retina image mixin with .img-retina()
  • New variables added like:- Change @component-active-bg and customize the active states of nav pills, dropdowns, and more.

Overhaul grid systems to make it fluid and mobile-first.
  • Removed separate fluid grid system, container, and layout
  • New single grid system uses .row (percentages not pixels), (padding over margin), and box-sizing: border-box, now.
  • Offsets are still 100% supported.
  • Instead of .span* and .offset*, we're now using .col-* and .col-offset-*, respectively.
  • Use .col-* classes for tiny devices (smartphones). And use .col-sm-* classes for small devices (tablets)
  • Add .col-push-* and .col-pull-* modifier classes for easy column source ordering.
  • Remove dedicated table grid classes.
  • Use of "max-width" instead of "width" on all .container instances is recommended to help prevent some issues with containers in components like navbars.

Buttons:
  • The default gray button requires two classes—class="btn btn-default".
  • Dropped .btn-inverse

Forms:
  • Remove input-prepend and input-append for singular .input-group
  • Dropped .form-search
  • Horizontal forms are now mobile-first, meaning at <768px, elements are stacked. Above that, elements are floated and appear side-by-side.
  • Checkboxes and radios now require an extra
  • Instead of .radio.inline, you now need a single class, .radio-inline, for direct use on a

Icons
  • Convert to Glyphicons v1.7 @font-face and drop the old PNGs.
  • All classes start with .glyphicon- instead of .icon-

Labels:-
  • Refactor labels to scale with their parent's font-size
  • Dropped the .label-inverse

Hero Unit to Jumbotron
  • Class changed from .hero-unit to .jumbotron
  • Lighter font-weight for headings
  • Scale font-size in responsive views.

Navs and Navbars
  • Remove .nav-list option. Replaced by the new .list-group component.
  • Drop support for .navbar-search
  • Overhaul styles of default navbar and its sub-components:
  • Dropdown menu carets (those attached to the actual menu, not the indicators) have been removed so that dropdown menus sit flat against the edge of the navbar.
  • Navbar vertical dividers have been brought in a smidge, meaning they do not extend the full height of the navbar.
  • No more box-shadow or gradients on the navbars.
  • Height of navbar has increased from 44px to 62px for mobile devices, and 50px for desktops.
  • Removed .navbar-inner and moved relevant styles to .navbar
  • Changed .navbar > .nav to .navbar-nav
  • Change .btn-navbar to .navbar-toggle
  • Changed .brand to .navbar-brand

Dropdowns:-
  • Remove submenus suport in dropdown menus.
  • Removed .nav-header and replaced with .dropdown-header

Modals:-
  • No longer require use of .hide
  • Reintroduces .modal-open on the body (so we can nuke the scroll there)
  • Adds a couple extra levels of markup (namely .modal-dialog and .modal-content) so we can scroll the entire modal rather than overflow a section within the modal.
  • Related, .modal is now the wrapper, and .modal-content is the modal itself. This is so we can still use position: fixed;, but make the modal relatively positioned so that scrolling moves the entire modal, not something with it.
  • Added a .modal-title for more consistent and useful targeting of the heading content (previously this was just an and selector performance wise that sucked).

Carousel:-
  • Redesign! Lighter styles for the previous and next controls, as well as the carousel captions.
  • Update required markup for carousel controls. The .carousel-control class now requires another element within it for the previous/next characters. Those characters are now Glyhpicons icons for improved styling and positioning across browsers and devices. Indicators are now bottom-middle aligned.
  • Captions are reinforced as optional and, by default, are hidden on mobile views, then shown for >768px viewports.

The above list is for for the common programmer. Previous answer caters very well for better programmers than myself.

alssafeer, thanks for a detailed response.

We've been thinking about implementing Bootstrap for a long time, starting from v4 development. But we stumbled upon requirement to completely re-write Block Manager in admin area. That would take us a lot of time.
The point is that block manager based on grid.960 and it could be integrated with Bootstrap 2, because it has both grid &amp; responsive modes, but its completely incompatible with Bootstrap 3.

So no plans to implement Bootstrap 3 for 4.x.x version. :(
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Jacek
  • Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:48 AM #253

Imac, can you tell me if you even consider using Boostrap 3 in the future or definitely not?

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:49 AM #254

Imac, can you tell me if you even consider using Boostrap 3 in the future or definitely not?

Jacek, we understand that this is a must-have framework for front-end development. So yes we consider Bootstrap 3, but as I said no in v4.x.x.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Jacek
  • Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:52 AM #255

Ok, thanks for the heads up.

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:26 PM #256

Kayokoko,

What do you mean under "edit product tab"

Hello, let me try to explain...

When you create a product tab you have two status "Active" & "Disabled". Say I create a product tab of "disabled" and I only want 100 products of 1000 to have that tab as active. Currently, I have to go into all 100 products manually and change the status.

Request:

In the bulk product edit tool, allow to mass change the status of a product tab.

Similar to bulk change of product features where is lists all the features (it would list all the store tabs).

Thanks
cs-cart 4.2.1

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:30 PM #257

Hello, let me try to explain...

When you create a product tab you have two status "Active" & "Disabled". Say I create a product tab of "disabled" and I only want 100 products of 1000 to have that tab as active. Currently, I have to go into all 100 products manually and change the status.

Request:

In the bulk product edit tool, allow to mass change the status of a product tab.

Similar to bulk change of product features where is lists all the features (it would list all the store tabs).

Thanks

Kayokoko

You can do it from Block manager. If the block is enabled than you can select products for which you want to disable it http://note.io/1HK50yX and vise versa.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• cncinc
  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:18 PM #258

• dear : Kayokoko Swimwea
  • cscart does not works like that.. i do not know why they makes it, but you can ask to DB MANAGER ---------command query then it will apply at once it's best way. there is no other way.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:46 PM #259

I strongly recommend that for the vast majority of merchants. that you NEVER edit the database directly to make changes in the system configuration.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:52 AM #260

hello,
is apc cache controlled by cs cart config mory limit? will the cache reset if cs cart hits the limit or is apc controled by servers config?

thank you in advance