• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Speed Boost In Cs-Cart 4.3.1 Beta Rate Topic   - - - - -

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:49 PM #181

That depends on how this modification done. I suppose you won't lose the price after upgrade, but you better ask Alt-Team. They can test it on 4.3.1RC

The problem is that CS-Cart has no addon upgrade process. You mentioned that this was coming. Will this be in CSC 4.3?

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:29 AM #182

someone tested apc or xcache on 4.3.1?

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:50 PM #183

no boss i cant explain,
when search performed, filters working on search page. but i think first must be filter categories on search page.
eg: performed asus

brand = asus computer
cpu = i5 computer
mode=wireless modem

if firstly get categories filter its will be great. this way useless

teosu,

Thanks for the idea. It looks reasonable. Our architects will investigate if we can add this.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:52 PM #184

The problem is that CS-Cart has no addon upgrade process. You mentioned that this was coming. Will this be in CSC 4.3?

Yes it will. But we had no time to prepare the detail instructions on how to upgrade add-ons using it.
Hope we will do this in near future.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• pvein
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:38 PM #185

we are thinking of developing a website based on this version of cscart. Will there be an update from RC to the final version when it is ready ?

• Jacek
  • Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:04 PM #186

Imac, are there any chances that you will upgrade bootstrap to 3.x.x in future releases? If yes, could you give any ETA?

Jacek,

No such plans yet.
Please let me know why do you need Bootsrap 3.

Thank you for your answer.

1) Bootstrap 3 utilizes mobile first approach. It's 2015, over 70% of web traffic is mobile and there are many enhancement for mobile devices. There is definitely better grid system which allows you to take better control over how you store looks on different devices.
2) Community and popularity.
Bootstrap 3 gained such a popularity that it became a standard framework for many solutions (e.g. ASP.NET MVC). The web is full of many free code snippets, templates etc. for Bootstrap 3. Why is it important? Well, if I start a new shop the most important factor for me is time to market. If I want to quickly start a new shop I should be able to have all the basic customization done as easily as possible. I should be able to go to: https://bootswatch.com/ and replace my bootstrap.min.css with another one in order to change template colors. Also I should be able to do some minor modifications by using e.g. bootsnipp.com

It's also easier to find a front end developer who can adapt the ready bootstrap 3 template to cs-cart. More developers = more cool templates, feateures etc.

To sum up, it's not the matter of utilizing the power of Bootstrap 3. It's the matter of utilizing the power of community which stand behind the Bootstrap 3.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:19 AM #187

Hi imac,
Can you add tracking number barcode in 4.3.1. You already have order number barcoding so adding a shipping tracking number in barcode form should not be a big task for you. Please do it as it will be benificial for us. Currently we are putting barcodes manualy which is very time taking job. Shipping companies doesn't accept shipments without Order and tracking number barcoding.

• crazyshark20
  • Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:13 PM #188

Hi imac do you plan in 4.3.1 vertical categories menu hide the menu items on mobile devices??

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:34 PM #189

LiteSpeed 5.0 supports ESI caching for e-commerce as well as http/2:.
http://blog.litespee...ed-esi-caching/
This is part of the reason why I suggested litespeed cache support for CS-Cart: http://cscart.uservo...rt-with-litespe (81 votes)
Unfortunately my suggestion was (like other suggestions) marked as implemented without any Litespeed cache being implemented.
Do I really have to repost the suggestion and do people have to vote again for the same suggestion?

Here is a little more about ESI caching and why its so important:

ESI

The biggest draw for LSWS 5.0 is ESI support for LSCache. This will allow site owners to designate certain parts of a page as uncacheable (AKA “punch holes” in the page) but still cache the remaining cacheable parts. Caching parts of pages will allow site owners to cache much, much more of their content. Effective ESI improvement will greatly cut resource usage and speed up many sites (which is why we’ve been talking about it so much).
Hole-punching especially helps e-commerce, where things like the shopping cart cannot be cached, but appear on almost every page. For e-commerce sites, ESI is a crucial step in allowing effective use of page caching. To help meet this need, we will also be releasing a Magento caching extension soon. More details on this extension coming soon.

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:11 AM #190

Does anyone have a demo with a lot of filters in it? Without filters it seems snappy. At least on an install without visitors.

Imac: could you add 4.3 version as a filter to the marketplace?

Does 4.3 come with any improvement of the SEO addon? IMHO it's the weakest part of CS-Cart. it can bring down a top ranking site in Google by completely messing up tens of thousands of url's. See: http://cscart.uservo...age-of-the-same

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:58 PM #191

Done.

Does 4.3 come with any improvement of the SEO addon? IMHO it's the weakest part of CS-Cart. it can bring down a top ranking site in Google by completely messing up tens of thousands of url's. See: http://cscart.uservo...age-of-the-same

I added the fix at the Uservoice. Can you please try it?
The main problem is that we should disable Page sharing in order to fix this. And I'm not sure this is a good idea.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:14 PM #192

The main problem is that we should disable Page sharing in order to fix this. And I'm not sure this is a good idea.

I am fairly certain that its a good idea. It will lead to some problems that indeed need to be addressed. But it resolves a much bigger problem. It resolves a showstopper problem.
I wonder: why doesn't CS-Cart use ID's in urls? ie. /en/123.productname.html
Then there can never be a duplicate url. And even if the product name is changed old names will always keep working.

Also: could you please reopen this suggestion: http://cscart.uservo...x-shipments-and
It was never completed. There is no dimensional weight in CS-Cart. Yet its very important to have. (235 votes) Many shipping companies require it.

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:11 PM #193

Its nice to see that the checkout page is also being worked upon. Unfortunately I do not see it as a real improvement. Its not a real one page checkout. Customers still need to go through multiple steps, which are basically multiple pages.We loose customers with every step. CSCartRocks its addon does this very well by having everything on one page with the need for any steps.
http://www.cscartroc...p-checkout.html
This works.
Please remove all steps from CS-Cart 4.3 checkout.

Also: will there be a blog section in the sitemap? Its missing and would be great for SEO and usability.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:00 PM #194

Done.

Unless I missed it, still not seen a publication about what's impacted in addons for 4.3 for addon developers. Seems that before we go adding a category, developers should be provided details on what needs to be changed within addons for 4.3.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:04 PM #195

Unless I missed it, still not seen a publication about what's impacted in addons for 4.3 for addon developers. Seems that before we go adding a category, developers should be provided details on what needs to be changed within addons for 4.3.

Tony, here it is: http://forum.cs-cart...-themes-to-431/
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:58 PM #196

Excellent, added a few clarifying questions there. Great detail and much appreciated.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• JackConnick
  • Trial users
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:30 PM #197

IMac;

Can you put in a Cost Limiter on the Shipping methods? You have a weight limiter

ie; we will use USPS for an order up to $200, then we want this method to disappear and only FedEx be available. It would be nice to be able to base this on usere locations as well.

Also the shipping query to FedEx, USPS, etc. queries _all_ the mothods in the dialong, not just those available. This is slowing down the screen refresh.

TIA,
Jack

• e-carter
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:57 AM #198

When I online shop for shoes, I select size 46 in the filters and if store does not have such filter, i remember not to visit that store again.
Store built on cs-cart would be escaped by me because the size is option there, and option variation is not product in cs-cart and it cannot be filtered. Same problem with colors. Color could be filtered only if it is not option of product.
Another nonsense, I have 3000+ products but cs-cart admin says it is only around 700 of them. Option variations are not products and thus are not counted. Is there any political reason for such discrimination? I do not see any reason at all. If this is just a mistake then it must be fixed. When i paid for my license i expected fully functional filter, not a trick.
Please, can anybody explain this?

• Olof
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:44 AM #199

When I online shop for shoes, I select size 46 in the filters and if store does not have such filter, i remember not to visit that store again.
Store built on cs-cart would be escaped by me because the size is option there, and option variation is not product in cs-cart and it cannot be filtered. Same problem with colors. Color could be filtered only if it is not option of product.
Another nonsense, I have 3000+ products but cs-cart admin says it is only around 700 of them. Option variations are not products and thus are not counted. Is there any political reason for such discrimination? I do not see any reason at all. If this is just a mistake then it must be fixed. When i paid for my license i expected fully functional filter, not a trick.
Please, can anybody explain this?

The problem you have run into is similar to what I and others have run into. And it is frustrating and a big problem with CSC. The underlying problem is a design-choice by CSC which (to put it mildly) is not optimal when you have product variants. I wrote a post about it with all kinds of details (see below) and put in a request to fix it. Short version; CSC product data structure is different than all the major players on internet and CSC should change. However, the under-the-hood changes for CSC are big so I suspect it will take a long time to change or perhaps CSC will decide not to change it.

Post with analysis & suggestions:
http://forum.cs-cart...__fromsearch__1

Request for change ('uservoice'). Please vote for it if you agree
http://cscart.uservo...y-amazon-and-go

• Gizmo
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:54 AM #200

From RC to final is there going to be 3 Month lead time as usual?
[center]www.vapeking.co.za[/center]