Can't Save Products, Or Add On Changes In Admin

Boy this cart really seems to be full of bugs, I was going along just fine then all of a sudden after adding 5 banners I tried adding and saving the 6th and got the 403 error. Cleared cache, renamed var folder … I can change things in the customer area, and just about anywhere else but if I try to add or edit a product or upload a new banner, get the 403 page with the admin address in the location bar, I click, go back to admin try again, same thing. What is going on with this cart. I am really glad I didn’t buy it …

[quote name='macat' timestamp='1423080829' post='204312']

Boy this cart really seems to be full of bugs, I was going along just fine then all of a sudden after adding 5 banners I tried adding and saving the 6th and got the 403 error. Cleared cache, renamed var folder … I can change things in the customer area, and just about anywhere else but if I try to add or edit a product or upload a new banner, get the 403 page with the admin address in the location bar, I click, go back to admin try again, same thing. What is going on with this cart. I am really glad I didn't buy it …

[/quote]

We have never faced such issue. Please contact CS-Cart support team

Still can't save or add anything new, I am building a real store and it seems cs cart is very, very problematic and I think I know why support is fee based, it is where they make all their money. I really love everything about the cart, it has just about all the features I am looking for … except all the bugs, this forum is full of issues as well as a few other forums about shopping carts I have checked looking for answers.

I opted for a free cart because I can't afford hundreds and hundreds of dollars to pay for issue after issue. I design and maintain free websites for animal rescues and I was hoping this would be a good cart to use for those that have a few things to sell to make money, but since I work for them free, I just don't have the money to pay for a cart that is going to be constantly having problems and costing me hundreds upon hundreds.

I was going to buy the $385 version but have decided against it, I can't afford to keep dishing out more money to fix all the issues that everyone seems to be having.

Unfortunately that means all the time, about a month now, that I have put into the store I am currently having all the issues with was a big waste of time. It's too bad, this is a great cart minus all the issues.

Most likely server issues or ?. CSCART is by far the best out there. Never seen that issue also and I have been with them since 2007

Also, be sure you are in the proper store context for how you have things setup. I.e. if you have multiple stores and do not share products/categories then ensure you are in the proper store context.

A quick review of the code indicates that it is mostly addons that use the 403 code. I.e. amazon, some payment gateways, etc. Are you using Amazon S3? If so, there is probably a communication or configuration issue.

I am using Paypal gateway, not using amazon. Thing is it worked fine for the first week or so, other than the visual editor wouldn't save any changes. php is not my language, I try not to mess with it. I did have to do all of my customizations via the css file. I can't afford to pay every time an issue comes up and it takes a day to get an answer (at least from the sales department) and when you have a client with a store that is down screaming at you, it is not good customer service on my part when it takes days to get it fixed. I would love to get this resolved because I do want to buy it but in my mind it's a little scary to spend that much money to fix a cart I haven't even bought yet.

Average support credit cost is about $7/occurrence. If it turns out to be a bug then they won't charge you any credits. If it's pilot error or hosting issue then yes, you would pay for the time it takes to diagnose.

Do they give you an estimate for how much they think it will be, if so I will give it a try … I really like their cart!!

Go read the policy statement. You can do so when placing the request or you can do it from the helpdesk site.

Not sure if this is a server issue, had my tech look at it and what they found was

[quote][font=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica”][size=“2”]It appears that you are unable to save, because when you try to do so, mod_security rule is triggered. We are looking into this issue, and checking if the rule can be whitelisted.[/size][/font][/quote]

They did whitelist it and now it is working fine.

[quote name='zeero6' timestamp='1423175094' post='204449']

Most likely server issues or ?. CSCART is by far the best out there. Never seen that issue also and I have been with them since 2007

[/quote]