Payment By Rewards Points Disabled When Using Promo Code

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ran into this issue. We are implementing a Rewards Club into our site. I have everything in line, except for one thing…

We would like to disable the user from using payment by reward points if they use a discount or vice versa, disabling the use of discount codes with use of rewards points.

Does anyone have a fix for this? is there setting in the backend of CScart that I am missing?

We are running CScart 4.1

Any input would help or direction to any sort of knowledge base. Thanks!!

Did you work something out on this?

Please try the following solution. Open the design\themes\responsive\templates\addons\reward_points\hooks\checkout\payment_options.post.tpl file and replace:

{if $cart_products && $cart.points_info.total_price && $user_info.points > 0}

with

{if $cart_products && $cart.points_info.total_price && $user_info.points > 0 && !$cart.discount}

Hope this will help.

Please try the following solution. Open the design\themes\responsive\templates\addons\reward_points\hooks\checkout\payment_options.post.tpl file and replace:

{if $cart_products && $cart.points_info.total_price && $user_info.points > 0}
with

{if $cart_products && $cart.points_info.total_price && $user_info.points > 0 && !$cart.discount}
Hope this will help.

Thanks looks like this prevents customers from using any discount/promo codes when using rewards points. Even takes away the field for customer to put promo codes in.

Now the issue I am having is when the customer uses points it seems as thought the discount is being multiplied by 10 when they use the rewards points.

I have set our points system to be 200 point to equal $1 customers are getting 100% points per dollar so if they purchase an item for $500 they get 500 points. All that is fine, but when they use it something weird happens.

For instance I have 500 points if I were to use all 500 that would equate to a $2.50 discount but when they use the 500 points it takes off $25 dollars. So there is some snippet of code somewhere that I assume that is multiplying the discount by 10 to take off the $25 instead of $2.50

Any idea which file or what would need to be edited to prevent this? :confused:

Hi guys

I have the same Problem can some one help me to solve this issue i am using CS-Cart 4.7.4 and i want to disable "Payment By Rewards Points Disabled When Using Promo Code"

Thanks

Hi guys

I have the same Problem can some one help me to solve this issue i am using CS-Cart 4.7.4 and i want to disable "Payment By Rewards Points Disabled When Using Promo Code"

Thanks

Hello!

Did you try the solution provided by eComLabs?

As an alternative, check our Points and Cash add-on. It allows to disable points for carts with applied promotions. Also you will be able to specify the percentage of the product price that can be paid with reward points.