• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't Change The Position Of Products Within Categories Rate Topic   - - - - -

• pheritage
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:49 PM #1

I've been using CS Cart for 8 years and been on early versions and now trying to get to grips with v4 (I've got 4.2.4 installed). It seems I cannot change the position of the products - it lets you enter a value and when you save it says changes have been saved, but the position is still 0.

Tried different browsers and different clients but the same. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

• leeshields
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:37 PM #2

It is the same on the live demo too so it's not a setup/installation issue.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21718 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:04 AM #3

Please post the issue to the bug tracker
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1182 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:17 PM #4

Before you post, I suggest you use the forums Search feature to find the answer:

http://forum.cs-cart...ct-in-category/

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:29 AM #5

It is a bug in CS-Cart.

Here's the fix that I get from Support:

To resolve the issue, please replace this part of code:

if (in_array('categories_filter', $params['extend'])) {
$category_filter_avail_cond = str_replace('?:categories', 'categories_filter', $category_avail_cond);
$join .= " INNER JOIN ?:products_categories as products_categories_filter ON products_categories_filter.product_id = products.product_id INNER JOIN ?:categories AS categories_filter ON categories_filter.category_id = products_categories_filter.category_id $category_filter_avail_cond ";
$condition .= fn_get_localizations_condition('categories_filter.localization', true);
}

with this one:

if (in_array('categories_filter', $params['extend'])) {
$category_filter_avail_cond = str_replace('?:categories', 'categories_filter', $category_avail_cond);
$join .= " INNER JOIN ?:products_categories as products_categories_filter ON products_categories_filter.product_id = products.product_id INNER JOIN ?:categories AS categories_filter ON categories_filter.category_id = products_categories_filter.category_id $category_filter_avail_cond ";
$fields['categories_position'] = $sortings['position'] = 'products_categories_filter.position';
$condition .= fn_get_localizations_condition('categories_filter.localization', true);
}

in the app/functions/fn.catalog.php file of your CS-Cart installation.

• wmaven
  • Trial users
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:21 PM #6

info, thanks! I made the change and if I'm logged in as admin, the sorting is correct (by position Low to High). If I view the site (not logged in at all), the sorting is not in any particular order (likely as it was entered into the db).

Is there anything else to check/change?

• Reds
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:55 AM #7

Is there anything else to check/change?

Have you tried clearing cache for CS Cart? Administration → Storage → Clear cache.

• wmaven
  • Trial users
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:17 AM #8

@Reds, yes! The first thing I tried. Cleared browser caches as well. Admin Preview of the listed product is correct. User view of the listed products is not.

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3964 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:20 PM #9

Most likely the frontend is using the sorting that is set up in Settings->Appearance.

Attached Thumbnails

• sorting.jpg