Category Description: How To Create Responsive 2 Columns?

In the Description field of a Category, I'm trying to split this field into 2 columns each having 1 row. So 2 blocks or cells if you will.

1 Cell/block to contain text

1 Cell/block to contain image

Please see enclosed an example of what I'm trying to achieve. This example was created by inserting a Table into the Description field.

But…

1. Where/how to tell CS-Cart that the table should automatically expand to the maximum width? We are using CSC 4.1.3 with responsive theme Buyshop
  2. Similarly, the image inside such a table is not acting Responsive as you view it on a smaller screens.
  3. Where/how to tell CSC to remove the table border lines?

Thank you in advance for any guidance

Regards,

Olof

Category 2 column question.bmp

Just an update on this question.

I have come to the (reluctant) conclusion that inserting a table into Category/Description field is not the answer. It causes more problems than that it solves…

1. Table is not responsive
  2. Google Chrome browser & IE browser will not even show the table. Only Firefox will so far.

Sigh…

So my search continues on how to create 2 blocks inside this field…

For those interested, please see enclosed screenshot on how the table looks like on the back-end

Category-2-columns-attempt.jpg

Try the following construction (if the default responsive theme is used):

```php

LEFT COLUMN CONTENT

RIGHT COLUMN CONTENT

```

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

As we use 'BuyShop' theme, I'm afraid your suggestion will not work. But I will definitely look into it further!

thanks again

Olof

i think the best way is using the block section and create a grid from 16 and insert 2 grids from 8.

Than you have 2 column on that page. Do this for every page and insert the blocks.

Hope this is what you looking for?

Regards

Hi Anaconda,

Thanks for the suggestion. We looked at grids & blocks but to be honest I do not understand blocks & grids well enough. Allow me to explain:

In the current Category layout, the Category description Field appears to an integral part of ´Main content´ and we do not know how to separate it out of there. See screenshot of Design/Layouts tab Categories.

We looked at the available blocks (´Adding blocks to grids´), but there is nothing there which seems suitable?

Regards,

Olof

EditCatagoryLayout.jpg