• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Category Description: How To Create Responsive 2 Columns? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Olof
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:30 PM #1

In the Description field of a Category, I'm trying to split this field into 2 columns each having 1 row. So 2 blocks or cells if you will.
1 Cell/block to contain text
1 Cell/block to contain image

Please see enclosed an example of what I'm trying to achieve. This example was created by inserting a Table into the Description field.

But...
1. Where/how to tell CS-Cart that the table should automatically expand to the maximum width? We are using CSC 4.1.3 with responsive theme Buyshop
2. Similarly, the image inside such a table is not acting Responsive as you view it on a smaller screens.
3. Where/how to tell CSC to remove the table border lines?

Thank you in advance for any guidance
Regards,
Olof

Attached Files

• Olof
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:46 AM #2

Just an update on this question.

I have come to the (reluctant) conclusion that inserting a table into Category/Description field is not the answer. It causes more problems than that it solves..

1. Table is not responsive
2. Google Chrome browser & IE browser will not even show the table. Only Firefox will so far.
Sigh...

So my search continues on how to create 2 blocks inside this field...

For those interested, please see enclosed screenshot on how the table looks like on the back-end

Attached Thumbnails

• Category-2-columns-attempt.jpg

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19379 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:15 AM #3

Try the following construction (if the default responsive theme is used):

<div class="grid-list">
  <div class="ty-column2">
    LEFT COLUMN CONTENT
  </div>
  <div class="ty-column2">
    RIGHT COLUMN CONTENT
  </div>
</div>

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Olof
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:11 AM #4

Thank you for taking the time to respond.
As we use 'BuyShop' theme, I'm afraid your suggestion will not work. But I will definitely look into it further!

thanks again
Olof

• Anaconda
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:54 PM #5

i think the best way is using the block section and create a grid from 16 and insert 2 grids from 8.
Than you have 2 column on that page. Do this for every page and insert the blocks.

Hope this is what you looking for?

Regards

• Olof
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:03 PM #6

Hi Anaconda,
Thanks for the suggestion. We looked at grids & blocks but to be honest I do not understand blocks & grids well enough. Allow me to explain:

In the current Category layout, the Category description Field appears to an integral part of ´Main content´ and we do not know how to separate it out of there. See screenshot of Design/Layouts tab Categories.

We looked at the available blocks (´Adding blocks to grids´), but there is nothing there which seems suitable?

Regards,
Olof

Attached Thumbnails

• EditCatagoryLayout.jpg