Backup / Restore

Was wondering what your experiences are using the built-in Cs-Cart Backup/Restore functionality. I have several large Cs-Cart installs, with databases of 1GB even 2GB.

I hear some remarks about the backup/restore not working once databases get up over 500MB.

I'd like to hear what you have found.

CS-Cart Autobackup, Automatic Database Backup Tool addon seems pretty cool, but even on there is talks about not recommending using it if over 500MB… thoughts?

Any solution that uses PHP to do backups is going to be subject to PHP/Apache timeout issues as well as being blocked by other activity.

Our EZ Admin Helper addon when run from cron alleviates some of the contention but can still take a while to backup larger databases. Same goes for backing up your site files. Some things just take time and resources to accomplish.

[quote name='WebTek' timestamp='1416074287' post='197083']

Was wondering what your experiences are using the built-in Cs-Cart Backup/Restore functionality. I have several large Cs-Cart installs, with databases of 1GB even 2GB.

I hear some remarks about the backup/restore not working once databases get up over 500MB.

I'd like to hear what you have found.

http://www.webgraphi…obackup-v4.html seems pretty cool, but even on there is talks about not recommending using it if over 500MB… thoughts?

[/quote]

Here is a little trick which helps to significantly decrease the time of database backup

Open the app/controllers/backend/database.php and replace:

fn_define('DB_ROWS_PER_PASS', 40);

with

fn_define('DB_ROWS_PER_PASS', 4000);

Note: if you see white screen, decrease the value to 1000