• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cool Add-On - Enable/disable Blocks For Guests Or Registered Users Rate Topic   - - - - -

• SwimShady
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:38 PM #1

I thought I'd mention this awesome add-on that I've been using for a bit now, and that I think everyone should have cause I discover cool new things to do with it everyday...

This add-on lets you show certain blocks or sections to specific usergroups, for example; Registered users or Guests only, and also for different devices: phone, tablet, pc.

A good example is the banners. You can have two Banners blocks. One to display to your registered customers, and the other for your Guests.

Other cool uses:

- Hide the News block for Guest.
- Show different sets of links in the header or footer based on guest or registered user.
- Create a new Usergroup and only activate certain blocks for people registered with that usergroup.
- Using a responsive theme? Are the banners too small on a phone. Make a different set of banners (tall instead of wide), and set those visible only to "mobile".

Since CS-Cart is entirely organized with blocks, you can even modify it in a way that guests can't see products unless they are "registered".

The possibilities are endless, and I think even CS-Cart should think about implementing it. But to be honest, for $15, it's totally worth it!

Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.ecom-labs...ngs-add-on.html

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:24 PM #2

I love this addon too. Kudos to ecomlabs!

• SwimShady
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:52 PM #3

I love this addon too. Kudos to ecomlabs!

I always think I'm the only one who knows about these addons since no one talks about them lol. Good to hear.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21994 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:09 AM #4

I always think I'm the only one who knows about these addons since no one talks about them lol. Good to hear.

Do not worry! CS-Cart customers buy our addons. I think, they do not talk about them as the modules work correctly :)
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• gg96
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:14 PM #5

Hello eComLabs ;-)

I bought your addon just now. Nice Addon ! But I red your description too speed..

So, for a "standard" block it's ok... BUT not for a block in a "Product Tab"... and of course not for a Tab..
So a "registered block" inside a tab is still activ... even if I'm not registered... normal?

Can you add this fonctionnality for Product Tab?

Thanks !

CSCARTV4XX

cscart_v4.8. MV

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21994 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:55 AM #6

Hello eComLabs ;-)

I bought your addon just now. Nice Addon ! But I red your description too speed..

So, for a "standard" block it's ok... BUT not for a block in a "Product Tab"... and of course not for a Tab..
So a "registered block" inside a tab is still activ... even if I'm not registered... normal?

Thanks !

CSCARTV4XX

Good day,

Our developers will check this behavior and I will contact you at the first opportunity. Thanks.
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21994 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:00 PM #7

We have added the required functionality. Please download the latest version of the module from the order page and unpack it to the root directory of your CS-Cart installation. There is no need to re-install the module in the admin panel.

If you have any questions, please let me know

• gg96
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:39 PM #8

Hello,

Ouaaaa ;-) Thank you very much !!
It's ok now ;-)

We discussed with EcomLabs just now and he resolved one issue in few minutes! Thanks for this great technical support and great Addon!

See You Soon

GG96

cscart_v4.8. MV

• martinchew
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 06:37 AM #9

I think this is a wonderful add-on, but can it be expanded to include the vendor user group? For example, we do not show the vendor logo for certain vendor user group.

Martin