• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upgrading From 2.5.5 To 4.2.newest Version Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Alafoss
  • Trial users
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:15 PM #1

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask your advise regarding upgrading our cs-cart from version 2.5.5. to the newest version.

What factors do you need to be most careful with, what changes will you have to do extra that will not upgrade automatically?

Could it be that it would take my programming company 26 working hours to do the upgrade?

All feedback would be highly appreciated.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19698 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:23 AM #2

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask your advise regarding upgrading our cs-cart from version 2.5.5. to the newest version.

What factors do you need to be most careful with, what changes will you have to do extra that will not upgrade automatically?

Could it be that it would take my programming company 26 working hours to do the upgrade?

All feedback would be highly appreciated.

Good day! At first please check the following article to find all restrictions of the importing data from 2.x versions:

http://kb.cs-cart.co...th-store-import

In my opinion, almost always the time of upgrade depends on the server configuration. If it is configured properly, 26 hours will be enough

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:39 PM #3

Just a suggestion, but you may want to wait for a more stable release...unless there is something you REALLY think you need.
Regards,
Jim