Default Shipping Method

I have set up ‘real time’ shipping for my products on my marketplace. Is it possible to make this shipping method the default for all vendors?

[quote name='McNeilis' timestamp='1414719886' post='195759']

I have set up 'real time' shipping for my products on my marketplace. Is it possible to make this shipping method the default for all vendors?

[/quote]

I am not sure, but try to play with the position parameter of the shipping methods.

Ok that makes sense. I'm trying to set up a 'Flat Rate Shipping' method for vendors until they set up their own. I'm having some trouble with the locations though. I set up a weight based method under the location 'Default Destination All Countries' assuming that it would cover everywhere. I also made a weight based rate under 'USA' assuming it would cover every state.

But I still get the error:

[color=#B94A48]Sorry, it seems that we have no shipping options available for your location.[/color]

[color=#B94A48]Please check your shipping address and contact us if everything is okay. We'll see what we can do about it.[/color]

Do I have to set up this flat rate shipping method for every individual state in each country? Or should those default locations be working?

I just went through this the other day. In actuality, “Default Destination” really means all countries except the US and Canada. So you should just choose USA and leave the zip codes, etc. blank. You don't have to set it up for every state.

Here's a helpful tutorial I found:

[url=“Professional Web Hosting - We provide solid web hosting & domain registration services!”]Professional Web Hosting - We provide solid web hosting & domain registration services!

Very cool thank you, I appreciate you sharing that with me.

I do have a few vendors that are from The United Kingdom. I'm trying to set up their shipping methods to work to ship to the US or anywhere for that matter. Do I need to do anything differently for them?

[quote name='McNeilis' timestamp='1415824082' post='196820']

Ok that makes sense. I'm trying to set up a 'Flat Rate Shipping' method for vendors until they set up their own. I'm having some trouble with the locations though. I set up a weight based method under the location 'Default Destination All Countries' assuming that it would cover everywhere. I also made a weight based rate under 'USA' assuming it would cover every state.

But I still get the error:

[color=#B94A48]Sorry, it seems that we have no shipping options available for your location.[/color]

[color=#B94A48]Please check your shipping address and contact us if everything is okay. We'll see what we can do about it.[/color]

Do I have to set up this flat rate shipping method for every individual state in each country? Or should those default locations be working?

[/quote]

It should work with countries and without states. Please take a look: