Restrict The Privileges For A Vendor Administrator Account

How can we restrict the privileges for a Vendor Administrator Account for the options - Website and News so that they cannot create a page on the site neither can they create any news etc.

I have searched the net and found a link which mentions the php file for access but not sure of the exact options to set in this file.(app/[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]schemas/permission/vendor_multivendor.php). [/font][/color]

[url=“Vendor Accounts & Permissions/Restrictions - Multi-Vendor Edition - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Vendor Accounts & Permissions/Restrictions - Multi-Vendor Edition - CS-Cart Community Forums

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Please guide for the same. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Thanks.[/font][/color]

Create an admin user group (like Vendors) and set privileges appropriately. Then assign your vendors to that group.

That seems a bit strange - raises a few questions below ( The Admin / Help guide doesnt have any clarification on this )[list=1]

[]Why do we have a separate Vendor admin account then ?

[
]Even if I create a new User Group e.g. Vendor_grp then still it will be of the type Customer or Administrator. There is no option to create a new Type called Vendor which should actually have the correct privileges.

[*]Also the Menu option says -" Vendor Administrator : List of vendor's administrators, registered users with a vendor account. " Then this means that this is a seprate user type at all which should basically provide some way to control the privileges allowed to all the vendors and by default all the vendors Account Type can only be assigned either Customer or Vendor Administrator. Even after creating the new group Vendor_grp its not available for assignment to a vendor account.

[/list]

This seems a bit confusing. Please if you can answer my queries. Thanks.

1. Because you want to limit what “objets” a Vendor can act on.
  2. I believe (but am not an MVE expert) that if you create it as an administrator group that you will be able to assign vendor admins to it. If not, report it as bug and see what they say.
  3. Same as #2