Easy Vendor Shipping Method Help Guide

I was wondering what every one has been using to help vendors set up their own shipping methods within MVE. Or do they just figure it out? I noticed that sales wouldn’t go through on any of their products until its set up.

[quote name='McNeilis' timestamp='1412656235' post='193478']

I was wondering what every one has been using to help vendors set up their own shipping methods within MVE. Or do they just figure it out? I noticed that sales wouldn't go through on any of their products until its set up.

[/quote]

As a starting point, we can offer you the following article:

On the same note can you allow a vendor to mark a location as not active. Let's say they are in the US and they don't want to ship to Canada. All the Active buttons on the countries when logged in as a vendor are disabled. Does the site admin only have access to enable or disable these? What if a vendor only shipped to certain countries?

[quote name='techweb1' timestamp='1412732483' post='193567']

On the same note can you allow a vendor to mark a location as not active. Let's say they are in the US and they don't want to ship to Canada. All the Active buttons on the countries when logged in as a vendor are disabled. Does the site admin only have access to enable or disable these? What if a vendor only shipped to certain countries?

[/quote]

Yes, only site admin can change location. But if the vendor does not specify rate for the location, the customer from this location will not be able to complete the order. He will see the “There are no available shipping method for you location” notice

I'd be grateful for any advice as to how we can set up shipping for Vendors from different countries. I am trying to set this up as follows:

• A UK based Vendor provides free shipping to customers in the UK but has a table of charges for other countries.

• A USA based Vendor provides free shipping to customers in the USA but has a table of charges for other countries.

• And so on, for other Vendors in other countries.

I'd like this to be setup by the Administrator so that the individual vendors don't have to worry about setting up their own shipping rates.

Please check the article from post #2. In Multi-Vendor you will see additional field - Vendor. So you will be able to specify different shipping rates per vendor or group of vendors.