• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem With Lack Of Currency Exchange When Customer Places An Order With Paypal Rate Topic   - - - - -

• benmont86
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:09 PM #1

We have a multi vendor site and provide different currencies for customers.

The main store currency for all vendors is USD, but customers will be browsing in a different local currency not listed in the Paypal configuration choices.

When customer adds product to cart and checks out, the local (non-USD) currency shows all through the checkout page until they click on the button of Place an order with Paypal (final step).

They are taken to Paypal platform for payment but then, Paypal will take the amount shown on the checkout page (which was higher than USD because of weaker local currency), but Paypal will now display that amount in USD which in turn makes customers pay a lot more because the local number is now kept the same, but shown in USD, when it should have automatically converted that amount to the equivalent in USD which should be lower.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Very much appreciated in advance

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19478 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:06 AM #2

We have a multi vendor site and provide different currencies for customers.

The main store currency for all vendors is USD, but customers will be browsing in a different local currency not listed in the Paypal configuration choices.

When customer adds product to cart and checks out, the local (non-USD) currency shows all through the checkout page until they click on the button of Place an order with Paypal (final step).

They are taken to Paypal platform for payment but then, Paypal will take the amount shown on the checkout page (which was higher than USD because of weaker local currency), but Paypal will now display that amount in USD which in turn makes customers pay a lot more because the local number is now kept the same, but shown in USD, when it should have automatically converted that amount to the equivalent in USD which should be lower.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Very much appreciated in advance

Good day! Make sure that the USD selected as currency on the PayPal payment method settings page.

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11327 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:57 AM #3

Basically, the currency the customer sees is for display only. It is not passed to the payment providers since the cart itself operates in the primary currency only.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eucgroup
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:02 AM #4

i have this problem....

It doesnt exchange the currency...

My primary currency is AED (we are in UAE) and secondary currency is USD, ..but when i place order and use the USD.. still same amount.. it does not convert the rate of AED into USD...

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19478 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:37 AM #5

i have this problem....

It doesnt exchange the currency...

My primary currency is AED (we are in UAE) and secondary currency is USD, ..but when i place order and use the USD.. still same amount.. it does not convert the rate of AED into USD...

It is default CS-Cart behavior. All amount are transferred to PayPal in the base currency. We have made such kind of modifications several time. If interested, please let me know

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• eucgroup
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:20 AM #6

It is default CS-Cart behavior. All amount are transferred to PayPal in the base currency. We have made such kind of modifications several time. If interested, please let me know

im kinda interested for this..currency convert.. our primary is AED anD secondary USD, and EUR,

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19478 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:49 AM #7

im kinda interested for this..currency convert.. our primary is AED anD secondary USD, and EUR,

Please PM me what PayPal service do you use:

- PayPal
- PayPal Pro
- PayPal Express Checkout
- PayPal Advanced
- PayFlow
- PayFlow Pro

• eucgroup
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:25 PM #8

Please PM me what PayPal service do you use:

- PayPal
- PayPal Pro
- PayPal Express Checkout
- PayPal Advanced
- PayFlow
- PayFlow Pro

We only use standard paypal...free...and verified..

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19478 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:13 PM #9

Please check PM

• eucgroup
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:29 PM #10

PM sent. ^_^