• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Admin - How To Expand To Categories Automatically? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Olof
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:38 AM #1

There is probably some setting somewhere, but for the life of me, I can't find it.

While in Admin, how can I have CS-Cart automatically expand to all the categories so that I don't have to click the radio buttons all the time? The standard situation is a big productivity-killer when I'm doing product maintenance on many products.

Where:
1. Admin / Products / Categories
2. Admin / Products / Products / 'Search in category' / '+' sign

Thank you in advance for any tips

Olof

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19301 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:54 PM #2

Dear Olof,

Please try to change the value of the CATEGORY_SHOW_ALL parameter in the config.php file:

define('CATEGORY_SHOW_ALL', 100);  // if number of categories less than this value, categories tree will be expanded

Thanks

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Olof
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:56 PM #3

Thanks for the information.

As a ´simple´ end-user (with admin rights) how/where can I open the config.php file?

regards,
Olof

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19301 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:13 AM #4

Thanks for the information.

As a ´simple´ end-user (with admin rights) how/where can I open the config.php file?

regards,
Olof

Connect to your server via FTP access and find the config.php file in the root directory of your CS-Cart installation. Thanks

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• becomarius
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:22 PM #5

Another way to display to choose a category, an addon something now somebody ? I have 800 categories...and it is very hard

CS Cart lovers

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19301 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:48 PM #6

Did you try the solution from post #2?