• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Testimonials Block Rate Topic   - - - - -

• DawnG
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:42 PM #1

I am still setting up my current site with the newest version cart to be moved over to the main directory once I am finished. I just finished copying over all the testimonials and put a block on the home page. But they are all running together with no space in between and no names as in the older version. It really looks sloppy and I doubt anyone would bother reading them. http://affectionatel...com/2014cscart/

Is there a way to make it neater and like it was in the older versions? http://www.affectionately-yours.com/

Thanks for any help :)

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21914 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:15 AM #2

I am still setting up my current site with the newest version cart to be moved over to the main directory once I am finished. I just finished copying over all the testimonials and put a block on the home page. But they are all running together with no space in between and no names as in the older version. It really looks sloppy and I doubt anyone would bother reading them. http://affectionatel...com/2014cscart/

Is there a way to make it neater and like it was in the older versions? http://www.affectionately-yours.com/

Thanks for any help :)

You can open the theme editor, go to the CSS section and add the following rule:

.ty-sidebox .discussion-testimonial-post {
	padding-bottom: 20px;
}

Hope that helps.
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• DawnG
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:56 PM #3

You can open the theme editor, go to the CSS section and add the following rule:

.ty-sidebox .discussion-testimonial-post {
	padding-bottom: 20px;
}

Hope that helps.

Thanks so so much for responding.....unfortunately I didn't see much change :( I saw something move when I refreshed but still no real space between the posts. What document should I put it in.....I placed this in styles.less. Was that the right one?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21914 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:55 PM #4

Thanks so so much for responding.....unfortunately I didn't see much change :( I saw something move when I refreshed but still no real space between the posts. What document should I put it in.....I placed this in styles.less. Was that the right one?

Log in the admin panel. Go to Design -> Themes -> Visual Editor. Select the Custom CSS item in the Customize field and add new rule to the text area.

And do not forget to clear a cache then
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3627 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:00 PM #5

Hello,

In order to clear the template cache of your store after applying changes to the theme, use the Administration > Storage > Clear cache link in the admin panel.

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE

Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce - get advanced ecommerce analytics

• DawnG
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:11 PM #6

I am on the floor kissing your feet....thank you thank you both :grin: It looks much better :)

There are so many new features in this cart over the 2.0.15 I am presently using. I hope I remember how to use these :idea:

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3627 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:50 PM #7

We are glad to help you.

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE

Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce - get advanced ecommerce analytics

• DawnG
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:59 PM #8

I truly appreciate your time and help.....more than you could know :wub:

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21914 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:40 AM #9

DawnG, you are welcome! :-)