Is There A Geo-Ip Addon For Language, Location And Currency?

Is there an addon that setts the initial language, location and currency based upon IP?

So far I have found a few addons that handle currency only.

Assume you want a default for each? What do you want to do in case of multiple language areas like India? The core is already set to handle language, but most users browser's tell it to use English or another default language.

The most optimal would be if the script would pull the language from the browser setting, location and currency from IP.

Currently the cart looks at the SESSION and then the browser for language. Are you not seeing that when you use a browser that is set to use an alternate language (that your cart is configured to support) when a new session is created?

After it determines the language from either the browser or the parameters (sl=es for example), it then stores this in the SESSION and will use it for all subsequent requests unless another sl= is seen (like selection from a drop-down).

Would need to define an administrative interface to define what currencies to use for which countries. Similar to Locations.

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1409087702' post='190739']

The most optimal would be if the script would pull the language from the browser setting, location and currency from IP.

[/quote]

Probably you need something like this:

CS-Cart GeoIP Languages, Local Language addon

and or this:

CS-Cart GeoIP Currencies, Local Currency addon

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1409086255' post='190734']

Is there an addon that setts the initial language, location and currency based upon IP?

[/quote]

What do you mean by location here?

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1409089161' post='190743']

Currently the cart looks at the SESSION and then the browser for language. Are you not seeing that when you use a browser that is set to use an alternate language (that your cart is configured to support) when a new session is created?

After it determines the language from either the browser or the parameters (sl=es for example), it then stores this in the SESSION and will use it for all subsequent requests unless another sl= is seen (like selection from a drop-down).

Would need to define an administrative interface to define what currencies to use for which countries. Similar to Locations.

[/quote]

So that means that CSC already checks the browser language, so its not needed to have an addon for this.

I will check this out after I add languages to my stores. I will wait with that until I am 100% certain that SEO titles work correctly. Because SEO title bugs messed up my former install so am a little afraid about that. But that's another story.

[quote name='ThomH' timestamp='1409131966' post='190797']

Probably you need something like this:

http://www.webgraphi…nguages-v4.html

and or this:

http://www.webgraphi…rencies-v4.html

[/quote]

Thanks. Is the first alreaduy included in CSC like Tony describes above? If not then maybe its an idea to combine the two?

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1409134765' post='190805']

What do you mean by location here?

[/quote]

Customer country. Generally IP address is not accurate enough for location, but its exact enough for the country.

the code is there related to localizations (look at fn.init.php and function fn_init_localization(). I “think” it has provisions for setting currency too.

However, just because the code is there doesn't mean it works. There were many complaints about it in V2. Complaints have died down so that might mean it was fixed. But it could just be one of those bugtracker items that's off the radar. Read up on localizations…

IP addresses are generally pretty accurate down to the city level. However, the ip db that cs-cart provides only goes to country level. To get to city is a paid service (but it's cheap) and would require some small changes for storage of info.

Dear P-Pharma,

We have a ready-to-use add-on “Currency IP”

CS-Cart Currency IP add-on

And we have an experience in coding the add-on Language based upon IP.

If you are interested in this, please, contact us.

Best regards, Alt-team.

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1409203496' post='190898']

Dear P-Pharma,

We have a ready-to-use add-on “Currency IP”

http://www.alt-team…-ip-add-on.html

And we have an experience in coding the add-on Language based upon IP.

If you are interested in this, please, contact us.

Best regards, Alt-team.

[/quote]

Does it also use free MaxMind database?

Dear P-Pharma,

No, it doesn't. It uses only standard Cs-Cart database. But there is no big problem to use [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]MaxMind database on client's request.[/font][/color]

Best regards, Alt-team.

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1409230440' post='190949']

Dear P-Pharma,

No, it doesn't. It uses only standard Cs-Cart database. But there is no big problem to use [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]MaxMind database on client's request.[/font][/color]

Best regards, Alt-team.

[/quote]

Thank you

Actually, the distributed database for IP is in fact the free maxmind IP data that goes to country level.

But not sure what any resolution below country level is needed for localization of language/currency.

Make sure you have

$config['tweaks']['disable_localications'] = false;

in your config.local.php file to review/evaluate the standard cart functionality.

By default, I believe this is set to true.