Must Have Features In Next Cs Cart Version

Please add these following features in the next cs cart release… these are basically essential.

1. Variant options should be select box or text option and the product detail picture changes to the color that a customer selects
  2. Dispatch addon/feature (where we can add a global option or for each product to let customer know when the product will be shipped out)
  3. Verticle Menu (with more blocks on home page along beside the banner to make it look more like multipurpose store.
  4. Customers Also Bought (addon or a block to put in product detail page)
  5. Free Shipping Logo text or logo on each product that is marked as free shipping
  6. Stripe Payment Method implemented in cs cart by default
  7. My account add more blocks in side that it looks simple and borning…

8) Live chat addon implemented by default for cs cart
  8. Review (Customer should be registered to review and add option to allow customer to upload that product pictures they bought and PROS and CONS opton.
  9. Watermark Addon (Allow option to display watermark on Description images or atleast to only product images/pop up images without having to add watermark on mini thumbnails…
  10. Product lables (such as free shipping) - (Sale) - and many more lables
  11. A function that Enables to have reviews on by default on all products
  12. Drop Shipping tab for each product for only Admins to view

Please read these and consider really hard adding them to your next cs cart release i know there are addons out there for all these things i suggested, but i would love to see them on cs cart by default, there are a lot of ecommerce platforms which are way ahead of cs cart and does there best on each release to impress their clients…

Number 4 is already there.

I added more features please read these ADMIN… these are some really great features!

1. You assume variants are colors and that the “red” is something close to the product color. I believe you can now select an option and have the image change to what is set for that variant.
  2. Reasonable, we once did an addon for UPS that was based on delivery dates. No one wanted it.
  3. I have no idea what this means.
  4. Isn't this default behavior (reg customers for review)? Review text is free-form If you ask them to write CONs they will. We think reviews should be done via followup email like our Auto Mailer addon provides (can submit a review directly from email).
  5. Already exists as an addon. Just search.
  6. Simple DB query to enable for all
  7. What's to be in this Drop Ship Tab.

No one from cs-cart will read your requests here and do anything. Suggest you go to user-voice and add a request for each item (after searching to see if it's already been requested). This is their preferred method of requesting new features. But experience shows that an internal developer's next new idea will take precedence over anything in user-voice.

One missing feature is in social login. If one user signs up using google and next time tries logging in using different social network say linkedin, then he gets an error message. Instead what should happen is that there should be an option for linking social accounts in Cs-cart for users. See Quora, Angel List for example. They have multiple social login and never give you an error when you try logging in using different social accounts. Instead it login's you to your main social accounts

Sounds more like a bug than a missing feature…

Hi tony,

As Cs-Cart explains, this is their so called feature for enhancing security.

We'd earlier posted on the bug tracker but couldn't convince them on it.

Here's the link.

It would be great if could support us on the thread

From their explanation it seems that the concept was ill conceived. They view it as an account creation and you are wanting it to be more general as linked accounts (with email address as the key).

I believe someone here has an addon that will do what you want. I don't understand cs-cart's logic in limiting it to account creation and then forcing the user to only use credentials from a single other site.

Personally, I would never use account linking. I think FB and the other's have enough info about me, what I do and where I go. I don't need to hand it to them on a silver platter.

Once they start paying me for my data, I'll be much more open to this sort of thing.

Thanks for getting back tony.

Do you remember who has built the addon? We tried looking, but haven't yet found anyone.

I'd just do a google search for “cs-cart social login” or “cs-cart social”

Maybe proper documentation is missing, a full feature list presentation page :) people seem to miss something is already there for a long time…

Add all those features i suggested… like all of them would help this platform a lot more.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1409025587' post='190631']

2) Reasonable, we once did an addon for UPS that was based on delivery dates. No one wanted it.

[/quote]

Nobody wanted an add-on that would estimate delivery dates live from the shopping cart? We've been looking for something like this as well as an add-on that validates addresses at checkout.

Live estimated delivery would be fantastic if it used the warehouse zip code and the recipients zipped and queried the UPS API. For the address, so many people leave off Apt/Suite numbers or can't spell the roads they live on. Our shipping software then tries to resolve this and we have to call the customer or email them. Ideally, when they enter the address the system should try to validate with USPS and return the corrected address and offer it to the customer. If it can't find it, the customer needs to be told the error (missing apt/suite) so they can correct and try again. Also, the option to “Use the address I entered” should be available as those folks know their addresses don't get resolved.

Anyway, i got off track. What's this UPS Delivery Estimator?

Yes, no one was interested (or at least not enough to make it worthwhile to invest in the development). Note that part of the issue is UPS's. I.e. the delivery_dates api is separate from the shipping method. I.e. the codes returned don't match between the two so you have to create a map to select the shipping code that will actually work from the delivery date api. At least that's was the state a few years ago when this was originally investigated/developed.

Had done this for a client a long time ago. Then they dumped cs-cart and the code went along with it.

I see very few addon possibilities anymore here that one can actually turn a profit on. Too many people are looking for free only and don't value the investment someone makes in development or support.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1421013548' post='202262']

I see very few addon possibilities anymore here that one can actually turn a profit on. Too many people are looking for free only and don't value the investment someone makes in development or support.

[/quote]

I can understand the sentiment. We are an end-user of CS-Cart but I find the prices of add-ons quite cheap (happy for it of course…). Especially when compared to what local outfits in our Western European country charge for webshop programming etc…

So I never understood the various posts on this forum from people complaining about pricing. I suspect it comes from very small webshop owners or from owners in countries where perhaps cost of doing business is very low.

If CSC could make headway into larger end-users then this price & development issue would simply go away. I think…

[quote name='Olof' timestamp='1421046807' post='202273']

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I never understood the various posts on this forum from people complaining about pricing. I suspect it comes from very small webshop owners or from owners in countries where perhaps cost of doing business is very low.[/font][/color]

If CSC could make headway into larger end-users then this price & development issue would simply go away. I think…

[/quote]

People who are complaining about price are usually starting websites with 1 or 2 persons for who spending 20% of the amount cs-cart cost them on an add-on seems unreasonable.

It isn't of course, since add-ons are bought by a lot less people than the actual program, but I can understand where they are coming from.

For cs-cart - yes they could start focusing on bigger customer, but there is the risk of scaring away lots of possible buyers who are not willing to pay more than cs-carts current price. And will these bigger clients actually buy?

I have to admit I was very close to dumping cs-cart after the version 3 debacle, but I simply couldn't find an alternative - plus that I love it too, secretely - so I didn't. And now i'm almost finished our upgraded shop (from 2.25) running on 4.2x and i'm extremely happy with it. I spent and will probably spend a couple of $1000 more on custom development to tune everything, keep things running smoothly with new versions, and add some things that we need, but i'm happy to do that. Adding all these features to Magento, for example, would have cost me much more and I wouldn't have had the ease of use that cs-cart has.

About this shipping add-on… I can see why it wouldn't be sold much. First of all, it would have to work for multiple shipping companies, not everyone uses UPS. This however would make it a lot of work, to develop at first and to maintain, making the add-on expensive… and so on.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1421013548' post='202262']

[/quote]

I would suggest an addon for some european accounting service, like e-conomic or something similar. All accounting addons i have seen for CS-Cart is for the US-market.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1421051346' post='202282']

For cs-cart - yes they could start focusing on bigger customer…

[/quote]

Agree completely! I don't mind paying for add-on's but the ones we need are always so hard to find it seems and would be thought to be a part of CSC core functionality. For example, can you easily tell if customers are using their points that they earn if you aren't watching every order? Reporting is basically a joke. Exports for tax reporting is a joke as they put the actual tax paid in an array that is difficult to extract. We had to build custom reports to get to the data we needed and even then it's hokey at best.

Simple things like being able to add on shipping to product options is missing. The ability to simply add on a percentage to the live rate is not available.

We, like you, love the ease of use of CS-Cart but are wondering if we need to look elsewhere for something that at least gives us the basic tools.

I would really like to have shipping options tied to the value of the shipment, instead of just weight, etc.

ie" if it's <$200 USPS is available, if over >$200 they have to ship via FedEx or whatever. I had the custom hard coded into the store, but it's always sort of ugly to do things this way, and I can't understand why it's not in shipping options.

Jack