• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Same Shipping Charges For All Locations Rate Topic   - - - - -

• stanhook
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:28 PM #21

Hi,

This got high-jacked a little bit but I am glad the other thing was resolved. Can anyone confirm/help with my post #18?

Thanks for all your help.

Stan

• ShowStuff
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:55 PM #22

@stanhook - it did and I apologize. I hope your issue is resolved soon.

• stanhook
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:24 AM #23

@ShowStuff - Thanks and no worries. Glad you got your thing resolved. Hopefully I can get mine straightened out (post #18).

Thanks,
Stan

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3986 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:36 AM #24

Stan,

I would have to look at each location you have set up and view how you have it configured. However, there is one thing that stands out in your images and that is that you are using both zip code and cities. That in itself is conflicting because there could be any number of zip codes for a single city. If you need to be precise, just use the zip codes.

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3628 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:32 AM #25

Simple solution that I missed - The shipping method was not activated in Vendors > Vendors.

Thanks everyone for the help.

You are welcome. We are glad that the issue has been resolved.

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE

Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce - get advanced ecommerce analytics

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22174 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:08 AM #26

@ShowStuff - Thanks and no worries. Glad you got your thing resolved. Hopefully I can get mine straightened out (post #18).

Additional examination is required. PM me if you are interested. Hope we will be able to do it free of charge.
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• stanhook
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:57 PM #27

Hi,

@the Tool - I removed the cities so all that is in each location is country (USA) state (NY) and the zip codes with no luck. If I check out using one of those zip codes the tax gets added but no shipping options appear - "Warning Sorry, it seems that we have no shipping options available for your location". If I use any other zip code the shipping options show. It seems that because I have the location set up for tax rates and it gets applied because of the zip code that unless there are rates entered for that location no shipping options are published eventhough I have USA with all the states as a location. Someone else stated that it will use the most specific one and I guess that is what is happening.

Can anyone confirm this is the correct behavior?

If I do in fact have to set up rates for each tax location is there an easier way to do it other than manually typing it in? It will be half a days work to get it set up.

Just for reference post #18 has screen shots and how I entered the information.

Thanks,
Stan

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12091 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:43 PM #28

Yes, if you have a location that it resolves to and there is no shipping cost associated with that location then it will show that there are no shipping options available. All locations either have taxes and/or shipping. If zero is returned for shipping rate then it assumes there is no shipping available for this location.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• stanhook
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:19 AM #29

Hi,

@tbirnseth - Assuming then I need to create shipping rates for each of my 12 tax locations, is there an easy way to copy the shipping rates I already created for USA to each of the other 12 tax locations? It took me a couple hours per shipping method just to create the ones for USA and I will have to multiply that by 12.

If anyone else has help you can refer to my post #18.

Thanks,
Stan

ps. Again this all started because I needed 12 different locations in order to charge the proper taxes and I need to set up manual shipping methods and rates.

• The Tool
  • Members
  • 3986 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:20 AM #30

Stan, I could be wrong but I still think you have conflicting data in your locations configuration and without being able to look at how each and every location is set up, it's just a guessing game.

Also, just so we're all on the same page, when you refer to "shipping rates", do you mean "shipping methods"? If so then no, you do not need separate shipping methods for each location as I stated previously.

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3628 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:41 AM #31

Hello Stan,

You can modify the cscart_shipping_rates table of your CS-Cart database. Back it up on the Administration > Database page, open the .sql file in a text processor. You will see lines like this:

INSERT INTO cscart_shipping_rates (`rate_id`, `shipping_id`, `destination_id`, `rate_value`) VALUES ('1', '1', '7', 'a:2:{s:1:\"C\";a:3:{i:0;a:2:{s:5:\"value\";i:40;s:4:\"type\";s:1:\"F\";}i:30;a:2:{s:5:\"value\";i:10;s:4:\"type\";s:1:\"F\";}i:50;a:2:{s:5:\"value\";i:5;s:4:\"type\";s:1:\"F\";}}s:1:\"I\";a:2:{i:0;a:2:{s:5:\"value\";i:23;s:4:\"type\";s:1:\"F\";}i:10;a:2:{s:5:\"value\";i:15;s:4:\"type\";s:1:\"F\";}}}');

All information about actual rates is in the rate_value key, shipping_id is the id number of the shipping method, destination_id is the id number of the location. So all you need is to copy the lines with your rates and set the proper combination of shipping and destination ids for them. Also don't forget to set a unique rate_id value for each line.

After modifying it, restore the .sql file on the Administration > Database > Restore page. Also make sure to save an unmodified copy to be able to restore it in case something goes wrong.

I hope this will help.

• stanhook
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:45 PM #32

Also, just so we're all on the same page, when you refer to "shipping rates", do you mean "shipping methods"? If so then no, you do not need separate shipping methods for each location as I stated previously.

Hi,

First I created 12 different locations for the tax rates fliing out country, state and zip code and 1 for USA just filling out country.

Under Taxes I created 12 different taxes with their names cooresponding to each location I created above. Under Tax Rates for that location I created above I added the percentage rate value.

Next I have created a manual Shipping Method and under Shipping Charges there are a bunch of locations (3rd screenshot from post#18). Here I can add rates for the locations. I have all the tax rate locations I created and I also have a location I created called USA (4th screenshot from post#18). I placed all the rates under the location USA thinking that would cover it. But it seems when someone checks out from a NY zip code I guess that takes priority and I get the error that there are no shipping methods. After all of this I think that is the proper default behavior unless someone can tell me otherwise.

It also seems that I cannot simply copy the rates for one location to another. So I will have to do what @simtech suggests and modify the table.

If anyone has any other insight that would be great.

Thanks!
Stan

• stanhook
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:59 PM #33

Hi,

I did get this from the help desk:

Please note that in order to make a manual shipping method unavailable for the other locations, you just should leave all fields equal to zero for those locations in the Shipping charges tab of the Editing shipping rate page.

So that is the default behavior. I guess I need to enter the rates for each location.

Now to see if there is a better work around.

Thanks,
Stan

• stanhook
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:03 PM #34

You can modify the cscart_shipping_rates table of your CS-Cart database...

Thanks @simtechdev I did that and it all worked. I now have shipping for all locations. There is a little glitch I need to fix because after I click "Save" the page goes to the home page and drops out the navigation. I go back to the dashboard and everything is there. Hopefully I'll figure it out.

Thanks again,
Stan

• The Tool
  • Members
  • 3986 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:13 AM #35

Glad you got it to work but I still say that you have conflicting data in your locations and you basically proved that by isolating each location by creating separate shipping methods for each. Anyway, if it works, it works.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12091 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:39 AM #36

@tool - I read what he's saying differently. Not "methods" but "rates" or "charges". I.e. the rates for each location within "a" shipping method.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• The Tool
  • Members
  • 3986 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:56 PM #37

Initially I thought he was using USPS realtime but after viewing the images again, I see that he has manual selected. I was thrown off because it looked to me like he was trying to add insurance to the realtime rate.

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3628 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:11 AM #38

Thanks @simtechdev I did that and it all worked. I now have shipping for all locations. There is a little glitch I need to fix because after I click "Save" the page goes to the home page and drops out the navigation. I go back to the dashboard and everything is there. Hopefully I'll figure it out.

Thanks again,
Stan

You are welcome!

• stanhook
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:16 PM #39

Hi,

@The Tool - Not really sure what data would be conflicting. There are only a few fields to fill out. For locations I have the tax name, country and zip code that is it. Then I created a tax with a similar name and percentage. So not really sure what is wrong. But you might be right. But anyhow I agree, if it works, it works.

Thanks for all the help!

Stan