Advanced Search Doesn't Work

Hi,

I am running 4.0.2 and it seems the Search and the Advanced Search function does not work correctly. If I enter a term using exact name and choose only the product name check box (just as an example) it still pulls all items with the term located in just about any field - description, short description, meta data and of course product name - it seems not to be limited to that field. Even alternate spellings are pulled (clair and claire for example).

If I use the word “with” and use exact phrase and search keywords items come up even-though this word is not in the meta keywords field or the Search Words field. I have done this with a number of words and no matter what I do it seems to search any field and pull alternate spellings. Any idea what is going on or what I have done wrong?

Thanks,

Stan

Stan, if you find defects, you should report them through the bugtracker. This community forum is intended for getting help. Cs-cart is very sporadic in looking at threads here an it is extremely rare that an issue reported here actually gets fixed if it's not in the bugtracker. Click the Bugtracker link at the top of the page.

Hi Sorry,

I was thinking that this was just something I was doing wrong that is why I posted it here. Didn't even occur to me that it could be a bug. I will add it to the bug tracker.

Thanks,

Stan