Addon: Extended Suppliers

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Hi, community[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]We are glad to present you the “[/font][/color]Extended suppliers[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]” add-on from eCom Labs team[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif].[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]The “[/font][/color]Extended suppliers[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]” [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]add-on [/font][/color]allows to track incoming products from different suppliers.

Main features:

• Ability to assign several suppliers to the same product
  • Ability to assign several suppliers to the option combinations
  • Ability to create supplier (incoming) invoices with their cost, currency and exchange rate
  • Ability to import supplier (incoming) invoices through “Import > Extended supplier invoices” feature
  • The admin is able to search/filter supplier invoices by supplier, Ref. code (# invoice) and invoice total
  • The admin is able to see the average product cost from the suppliers

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]All details can be found [/font][/color]here

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]If you have any questions, please contact me.[/font][/color]

eCom Labs have created this addon on our request. We use this extensively to monitor purchases from our suppliers and keep an eye on purchase prices for individual products.

The add-on has all the required basic functionality we currently require but it still has a lot of potential for further development.

I'm sure the more people start using it, the more suggestions for new or improved functionality will be made.

I would just like to thank eCom Labs but especially Aleksey for the work put into the add-on and their professional approach to our requirements.

Hi,

Does somebody have any idea how this module can be extended?

For example:

How to make suppliers be able to track their own products? I mean change quantity of product. Nothing more.

Hi,

Does somebody have any idea how this module can be extended?

For example:

How to make suppliers be able to track their own products? I mean change quantity of product. Nothing more.

Unfortunately Suppliers do not have any access to the admin panel. But we can extend the module according to your needs on the paid basis. Just sent us your requirements here

Unfortunately Suppliers do not have any access to the admin panel. But we can extend the module according to your needs on the paid basis. Just sent us your requirements here

Thanks eComLabs. I sent information about my module to your account several days ago :( but didn`t have any answer.

I will send additionally via forum.

We answered you. Please confirm that you receive our emails.

We answered you. Please confirm that you receive our emails.

confirmed

I tested this and see potential of this becoming a complete "ordering" add-on.

Here are some ideas to make this more complete:

1. A possibility to assign the manufacturer feature to certain suppliers, so that all products that are of manufacturer X "belong to" supplier Y

2. Add a cost price field for products in original currency (the product is bought with). With another field that shows the cost price in the shops main currency. It would be nice if this conversion dynamic, so that it takes the rate of the day or even real-time.

3. add the ability to actually place orders. For example, by showing all products by a supplier and placing a quantity behind it you could quite easily export an order to a csv file. The order should then get a status like "expecting", and should be editable in case of changes. I would also like to see fields for an expected delivery date and the possibility to upload the final invoice from the supplier.

Then when the order arrives, we should be able to add the ordered products to the inventory with one click (like add this order to inventory).
@ ecomlabs I'd be up for paying for development of these and probably more options. Feel free to send me a PM. Thanks!

I tested this and see potential of this becoming a complete "ordering" add-on.

Here are some ideas to make this more complete:

1. A possibility to assign the manufacturer feature to certain suppliers, so that all products that are of manufacturer X "belong to" supplier Y

2. Add a cost price field for products in original currency (the product is bought with). With another field that shows the cost price in the shops main currency. It would be nice if this conversion dynamic, so that it takes the rate of the day or even real-time.

3. add the ability to actually place orders. For example, by showing all products by a supplier and placing a quantity behind it you could quite easily export an order to a csv file. The order should then get a status like "expecting", and should be editable in case of changes. I would also like to see fields for an expected delivery date and the possibility to upload the final invoice from the supplier.

Then when the order arrives, we should be able to add the ordered products to the inventory with one click (like add this order to inventory).
@ ecomlabs I'd be up for paying for development of these and probably more options. Feel free to send me a PM. Thanks!

Thank you for your ideas. Please post all requirement here

How is this addon today?

I am considering using CSCART to manage all inventory (which it does already) but it does not do purchasing. It looks like this mod could go someway there?

Does it create purchase orders?

Would be great if when you have an open order you have the option to 'purchase' - this would allow you to create a purchase order with one or multiple suppliers of different products in the order and choose whether or not to send to the customers address or your own.

This would also mean the inventory is adjusted accordingly.

And if you could just create a stand alone purchase to increment the inventory?

Hello amdowney,

How is this addon today?

I am considering using CSCART to manage all inventory (which it does already) but it does not do purchasing. It looks like this mod could go someway there?

Does it create purchase orders?

Would be great if when you have an open order you have the option to 'purchase' - this would allow you to create a purchase order with one or multiple suppliers of different products in the order and choose whether or not to send to the customers address or your own.

This would also mean the inventory is adjusted accordingly.

And if you could just create a stand alone purchase to increment the inventory?

Thank you for explanations, but you described functionality of default "Suppliers" addon. In our addon (Extended Suppliers) no any way to create purchase orders automatically because there may be several suppliers connected to one product. As far as we could not know if suppliers have this product, we can not decide from which supplier it should be delivered. At the moment the incoming orders (purchase orders) may be created only manually (through form or CSV file).

Thank you.