Spreadsheet Sync

Hi,

Is there a way someone can create a mod where we keep all our main info (Product name, Price, Quantity discounts, and stock) in a spreadsheet, and when we make changes to it and save it (or upload it somewhere), it automatically updates the website?

Essentially it would change all the appropriate fields in the database, without having to go through the admin panel.

What would be even more optimal is that it takes the data out of a google docs spreadsheet or Microsoft docs and instantly changes it. That way more than one person can go in and change data.

Thanks.

What you want is on my list of “Bad Ideas”

Use the import/export function from CS-Cart and only use the 'price' or 'list price' to export from.

Make your changes and import it back in.

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1407288350' post='188893']

What you want is on my list of “Bad Ideas”

Use the import/export function from CS-Cart and only use the 'price' or 'list price' to export from.

Make your changes and import it back in.

[/quote]

Ya, I know it's probably a bad idea, especially if I change my version later on and forget to update the spreadsheet update code. But I've been using the CS-Cart import feature all along, it's just getting really tedious. Plus the import Quantity Discounts feature doesn't work properly in my version (4.1.3), and that's how we base all our prices for specific customers (usergroups) on our website. I wanna upgrade to 4.2.x but I've made so many little changes to the code and added a few add-ons that I'm afraid won't work with 4.2.

Unless you know of a reliable POS system that syncs nicely with CS-Cart, that was the other option I was looking into.

Atandra and Webgility are two I looked into, but I can't find any reviews or info on wether it can do what I need. Plus, I've tried calling Atandra actually 14 times, and not once have they answered their phone or called me back when I left a message.

Thanks for your input.