• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Security Certificate Settings Rate Topic   - - - - -

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:50 PM #1

I want to check my security certificate settings. I am getting a message from Google telling me my host name does not match the certificate. Is this done through admin settings? Where?
Thanks for any help,

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:11 PM #2

That's nothing to do with CS-Cart and everything to do with your hosting environment. Who are you hosting with, and on what kind of plan, and where did you get the SSL certificate from?

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:46 PM #3

The certificate is from Godaddy. I'm hosting with the developer who did the site. We are starting e-commerce and changed our domain name when we put the new site up. The certificate we have is for the old site. I thought we got a new one.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:49 PM #4

The certificate will need to be re-keyed for the new domain.

• FDGWEB
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:19 PM #5

Just get a new certificate.. Godaddy will not refund an issued cert - so I wouldn't mess with a support ticket to them unless you want to be down on SSL for quite awhile.
FDG Web, Inc - Seattle Web Design : Custom CS-Cart Programming & Design | Toll-Free: 877.239.3083

Download Proposal Templates & Web Design Contract Samples

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:22 PM #6

The certificate will need to be re-keyed for the new domain.

Thanks for replies.

Just get a new certificate.. Godaddy will not refund an issued cert - so I wouldn't mess with a support ticket to them unless you want to be down on SSL for quite awhile.

Probably easiest. Thanks for insights.