• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Setting Banner Order In Slider Rate Topic   - - - - -

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:49 PM #1

In CS-Cart 4.0.3 using the built-in slider, is there a way to set the order in which banners display? I tried renaming banners to sort in desired order and assigning position field numbers in desired order and neither works. There seems to be an order in which CS-Cart wants to do this. I thought of actually renaming the files themselves but have not tried as I doubt this would work. Thanks for any help.

Thanks for any insights.

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3376 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:32 AM #2

Hello,

Go to the Design > Layouts > Homepage page of your CS-Cart admin panel, open the options of the Main banners block and switch to the Content tab. There you can change the Filling option to Manually and then add your banners to the list below in the desired order.

I hope this will help you.

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE

Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce - get advanced ecommerce analytics

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19833 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:43 AM #3

In CS-Cart 4.0.3 using the built-in slider, is there a way to set the order in which banners display? I tried renaming banners to sort in desired order and assigning position field numbers in desired order and neither works. There seems to be an order in which CS-Cart wants to do this. I thought of actually renaming the files themselves but have not tried as I doubt this would work. Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately, there is no ability to re-order banners. We have made simple modification for one of our customers - added the Position field to the banners. If you are interested, please contact me.

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• dvsgr
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1448 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:50 PM #4

Hi eComLabs

This needs to be standard in banners managment. I also noticed that carousel since 41x has no longer the direction selection (up, down, left, right)

Its a pity when handy features are thrown out !
Fotis Kourmadas
Cs-Cart Development - Cs-Cart Authorized Reseller 

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:51 PM #5

Hello,

Go to the Design > Layouts > Homepage page of your CS-Cart admin panel, open the options of the Main banners block and switch to the Content tab. There you can change the Filling option to Manually and then add your banners to the list below in the desired order.

Tried it but it didn't work. I deleted all images from the banner, saved and the added/saved one by one in desired order.

Thanks for any insights.

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:54 PM #6

Unfortunately, there is no ability to re-order banners. We have made simple modification for one of our customers - added the Position field to the banners. If you are interested, please contact me.

Thanks. We might use WOW Slider or NIVO instead of the native slider, although it would have been preferable to use standard issue components. Will keep you in mind if we use CS-Cart slider.

Thanks for any insights.

• Magpie Don
  • Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:30 PM #7

Hello,

This method works in v3, but no longer works in v4 when any of the existing banners are added- they go right back to the top of the list.

CS-Cart Ultimate ver 4.9.3 SP1

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:39 PM #8

This method works in v3, but no longer works in v4 when any of the existing banners are added- they go right back to the top of the list.

That's what I discovered, unfortunately.

Thanks for any insights.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19833 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:59 AM #9

We have decided to write an add-on for this feature. But our developers have found that the system works in the following way:

1. There is the Position field on the Update banner page (It does not exist on the Manage banners page (!) )
2. If the filling of the block with banners is Manually, the system will sort banners by the value of this field (in ascending order)

Hope this information will be helpful to you.

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1773 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:01 AM #10

Hi eComLabs

This needs to be standard in banners managment. I also noticed that carousel since 41x has no longer the direction selection (up, down, left, right)

Its a pity when handy features are thrown out !

Agreed.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for quality custom work/project

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:10 PM #11

We have decided to write an add-on for this feature. But our developers have found that the system works in the following way:

1. There is the Position field on the Update banner page (It does not exist on the Manage banners page (!) )
2. If the filling of the block with banners is Manually, the system will sort banners by the value of this field (in ascending order)

Hope this information will be helpful to you.

Thanks! Yes this is helpful, or it will be when I find the update banner page. Where is it?

Thanks for any insights.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19833 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:16 AM #12

Thanks! Yes this is helpful, or it will be when I find the update banner page. Where is it?

Here is it (Marketing -> Banners -> Update banner):

http://demo.cs-cart....ate&banner_id=4