• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cs-Cart 4.2.1 Released: New Styles, E-Mail Marketing, And More Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:42 AM #81

Nice tool Rafass.. Got just over 2 seconds on my 4.1.4 site with 36 requests and 737kb page size

http://www.RacingSolution.com
Performance & Styling Auto Parts
CS-Cart v4.5.2

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:01 AM #82

Under 1s is great. Maybe on the demo is there load problem with hot Deals block,on sale or manufactures. I see u don't use this

• newuser
  • Trial users
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:46 PM #83

Tried downloading the trail version from here:
https://www.cs-cart....ad-cs-cart.html

every time download was successful but when opening with winrar - it showed :

! XXXXXXXXXXXXXX\cscart\4.2.1\cscart_v4.2.1.tgz: The archive is corrupt

downloaded 2 times with chrome and 1 time with IE (both latest version )

Any suggestion or the file is truly corrupt

Anyone on above ?

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:52 PM #84

Anyone on above ?

I just downloaded it and unzipped it no problem. I'm on OS X, but that shouldn't make any difference. Try something other than winrar I guess.

• BarryH
  • Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:59 PM #85

Hi

You could also try downloading with another browser!

Barry

BarryH

CS-Cart v4.4.3 (Plus one being developed v4.5.2 SP2)
UK User

• Rafass
  • Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:45 PM #86

Nice tool Rafass.. Got just over 2 seconds on my 4.1.4 site with 36 requests and 737kb page size

2 seconds is a good time.

Under 1s is great. Maybe on the demo is there load problem with hot Deals block,on sale or manufactures. I see u don't use this

Yeah, you right. I have just few addons working and without some blocks run faster.

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:59 PM #87

Upgraded one site, no problems. Messing with the responsive side right now.
Regards,
Jim

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:47 AM #88

So I've tested the responsive part on 2 different sites. I am having a problem getting one of the sites to automatically adjust depending on the device. Is there some place in the settings that this has to be adjusted or changed to make it change automatically?
Regards,
Jim

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:54 AM #89

1) Still cannot get one of my domains to use the responsive portion on mobile devices. It still "views" the site as if it is a regular PC. I have now disabled all 3rd party apps but no luck. I even went to the store and tried it on another phone that had never been to our site and it still doesn't view it properly.

2) I did just try to install the ebay app from CS-Cart. I had purchased it once from CS but was unable to get it to work and it was very buggy but I figured I would see what this one was like. When I install a pop-up comes up and says...
"You have installed a commercial add-on. To activate it, you need to enter an add-on license number on the add-on settings page."
So I'm confused. When I go to the settings page I do see where they want info from ebay, but are we still supposed to have a license from CS-Cart too? The instructions from CS (http://kb.cs-cart.co...synchronization) have not been updated yet for 4.2 so I was for sure what was different.
Regards,
Jim

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:53 PM #90

Hi clips,

1) Still cannot get one of my domains to use the responsive portion on mobile devices. It still "views" the site as if it is a regular PC. I have now disabled all 3rd party apps but no luck. I even went to the store and tried it on another phone that had never been to our site and it still doesn't view it properly.

From the description above I can not suppose any possible source of the problem. So the best way would be to contact tech support team.

2) I did just try to install the ebay app from CS-Cart. I had purchased it once from CS but was unable to get it to work and it was very buggy but I figured I would see what this one was like. When I install a pop-up comes up and says...
"You have installed a commercial add-on. To activate it, you need to enter an add-on license number on the add-on settings page."
So I'm confused. When I go to the settings page I do see where they want info from ebay, but are we still supposed to have a license from CS-Cart too? The instructions from CS (http://kb.cs-cart.co...synchronization) have not been updated yet for 4.2 so I was for sure what was different.

You should set you license number to the ebay license number field: http://note.io/1uixRSD
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:14 PM #91

From the description above I can not suppose any possible source of the problem. So the best way would be to contact tech support team.

I was kind of putting it out there to see if anyone else was running in to the issue. That was why I just gave a basic description of the end results. I also posted it here so people would know of the potential problem and they "might" wait before they upgrade. Sorry Imac, but I usually try to make CS tech support a last resort.

You should set you license number to the ebay license number field: http://note.io/1uixRSD

Your wording after we install this should state "ebay license number" instead of "add-on license number". The latter makes it sound like we need to get a license from you for it.
Regards,
Jim

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:03 PM #92

I was kind of putting it out there to see if anyone else was running in to the issue. That was why I just gave a basic description of the end results. I also posted it here so people would know of the potential problem and they "might" wait before they upgrade. Sorry Imac, but I usually try to make CS tech support a last resort.

Ok, no problem. Just let us know in case you'll find out how to reproduce this problem.

Your wording after we install this should state "ebay license number" instead of "add-on license number". The latter makes it sound like we need to get a license from you for it.

You are absolutely right. We will change this language variable in 4.2.2. Thank you.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:41 PM #93

Imac, Do you have a projected release date for 4.2.2 since we are already seeing quite a few bugs in 4.2.1.. Rich snippets being a big issue..

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:31 AM #94

Imac, what file would CS be pulling from to create the "responsive" part? I've disabled pretty much every addon, compared files, uninstalled the responsive templates and then reinstalled. So far, I have not been able to narrow the search. I've made everything match what is on our other sites that works great. The interesting part is if I make my browser on my PC smaller and narrower it works fine, but if I look at the site using any mobile device it is not responsive.
Regards,
Jim

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:35 AM #95

Stupid question, but 4.1.1 stable enough for upgrading to? Most of the bugs I've seen are non-issues to my own store.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:38 AM #96

Mailchimp instructions for the new version.
http://kb.cs-cart.co...rt-to-mailchimp
Regards,
Jim

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:44 AM #97

Imac, Do you have a projected release date for 4.2.2 since we are already seeing quite a few bugs in 4.2.1.. Rich snippets being a big issue..

Not yet. Most probably it will be in the end of August or September.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:49 AM #98

Stupid question, but 4.1.1 stable enough for upgrading to? Most of the bugs I've seen are non-issues to my own store.

jesse,

As I understand you are talking about v4.2.1, not v4.1.1.

if these bugs http://forum.cs-cart...issuefilter=all (see confirmed or fixed) will not trouble you than yes, you are welcome to upgrade to v4.2.1.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:58 AM #99

Hi imac,

does this mean that all reported bugs with a version previous to 4.2.1 have been fixed?

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:51 PM #100

Hi clips,

Okay, Imac, so I tried to trouble shoot through the problem and was unable to figure out anything. As much as I hate to contact CS support I did so according to your suggestion. Here is the message I sent to your support:

I am unable to get my ".com" to use the responsive portion on mobile devices. It still "views" the site as if it is a regular PC. I disabled all 3rd party apps but no luck. I even went to the office store and tried it on another phone that had never been to our site and it still doesn't view it properly. We upgraded another domain to version 4.2.1 and it works fine.

On my ".com" I am kind of wondering if since I had installed the responsive part when you rolled out the demo in version 4.1.5 if this may have messed something up. I was checking it out at first and didn't realize it was in beta. Once I realized that I went back to my normal theme. After upgrading to version 4.2.1 on the responsive portion in the themes I also had to click "Remove Theme" or trash them and reinstall the responsive themes. When I did that I lost all of the work I had done on it so far.

I have gone through and compared multiple files in the main part of the site to see if there was anything different between the files on on both domains but I could not find anything. I had asked on the forums which files the responsive pulls from but I did not get a reply so I'm not for sure there either.

Right now the site is back on our normal design and not the responsive theme because of the issues. I don't see a way to be able to send any confidential information so I have not sent it here.

Thanks,

Please note I did edit the above to take out the domain names.

So I got a response, but it was not what I expected.

Please note that CS-Cart/Multi-Vendor includes Twigmo add-on, which is specially designed for creating mobile version of your site. I suggest you using it instead.

Instead of trying to address the problem they refer me to Twigmo, which I am less than impressed with. Not only is it not responsive, but I personally hate shopping on sites that use the drop menu as it's primary source to view a site as it is more difficult to surf. The big thing is there wasn't even a quote to tell me how much they would charge to be able to figure out the problem. No response to say they would even take a look. They didn't even care! They just referred me to something else, when their obviously there is an issue. Which again, I am guessing is because we "installed" the responsive theme on version 4.1.5 to look at it.

So again, I am back to asking if anyone else in the community tried to install the responsive theme on version 4.1.5 and now if they try to install it on 4.2.1 there is any issue. It is the only thing I can come up with right now and sadly CS-Cart support just blew me off and told me to use another service instead of addressing the issue at hand.
Regards,
Jim