• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cs-Cart 4.2.1 Released: New Styles, E-Mail Marketing, And More Rate Topic   - - - - -

• BarryH
  • Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:59 AM #61

Barry, Store Import is only for converting previous versions to 4.x. After that, upgrades should be done via the Upgrade center.

If you still have your 2.2.4 - 3.x version/installation, then you can use the Store import.

Thanks

That's what I thought I was just replying to Imac really.

The problem I have is that when I eventually decide to go to the current version I want to make sure I leave any corrupt core files behind, so I dont want the files to be updated (upgraded) I want them replaced completely. Yes of course I want all of my settings, layout and products etc keeping.

I hope there is a way this can be achieved, any suggestions welcome.

Barry

BarryH

CS-Cart v4.4.3 (Plus one being developed v4.5.2 SP2)
UK User

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3559 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:14 PM #62

use wamp server on local pc to update 2x to 4x, then make DB dump, make fresh install of 4x and then import DB.

Thanks

That's what I thought I was just replying to Imac really.

The problem I have is that when I eventually decide to go to the current version I want to make sure I leave any corrupt core files behind, so I dont want the files to be updated (upgraded) I want them replaced completely. Yes of course I want all of my settings, layout and products etc keeping.

I hope there is a way this can be achieved, any suggestions welcome.

Barry

• BarryH
  • Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:06 PM #63

use wamp server on local pc to update 2x to 4x, then make DB dump, make fresh install of 4x and then import DB.

Hi Thanks

I don't have V2 I am on 4.1.5 but I have had some strange things happen since I upgraded to 4.1.4 (I think). For example our indexing with google was stable but now is a bit eratic and I keep getting strange meta and short decription randomly appearing in Google......, so I want to start afresh.

I think I must have some code that is messed up and want to ensure I eliminate it by doing a fresh install, BUT I want to keep all my settings, products and orders etc.

Barry

BarryH

CS-Cart v4.4.3 (Plus one being developed v4.5.2 SP2)
UK User

• bytraper
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:48 AM #64

Hi Guys,
we have just seen the upgrade available on our site today, so is it safe to install as an update? Or is this still the same update version where people were having the problem with the SEO?

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:52 AM #65

I just noticed the upgrade is available for me today too. I think I'll wait until a few "early adopters" have reported back before applying the update though.

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:49 AM #66

Hi Guys,
we have just seen the upgrade available on our site today, so is it safe to install as an update? Or is this still the same update version where people were having the problem with the SEO?

This problem was fixed. At the moment we are not aware of any possible problems with the upgrade package.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:16 AM #67

Can anyone explain why is the demo so slow????

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/yG7d8/http://demo.cs-cart.com

• tmv
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:07 PM #68

This problem was fixed. At the moment we are not aware of any possible problems with the upgrade package.

Can you place the information how to fix it manually?

• zeero6
  • Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:10 PM #69

I keep getting this before the upgrade 4.1.5 to 4.2.1

WarningInsufficient disk space to back up the database

I backed up myself and no problem. Not sure to continue with the upgrade

Version 4.9.3 SP1

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1188 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:27 PM #70

I updated from 4.15 to 4.21 last night. No problems and it took just a few minutes for the update to complete.

David

I just noticed the upgrade is available for me today too. I think I'll wait until a few "early adopters" have reported back before applying the update though.

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:44 PM #71

Upgrade on test install with full database copy went like a breeze.

• gasngrills
  • Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:44 PM #72

I just updated one of my sites with no problems to report, very smooth upgrade. All my 3rd party addons are still working with no issues that I can see.

CS-Cart 4.11.5

• Rafass
  • Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:54 PM #73

after few days of the release... you're already working in the new 4.2.2 ?

Posted Image
in bug tracker have this..
when we will have a stable version without problems?

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:24 PM #74

I'm having a little problem with the upgrade, specifically in there SEO part, after the upgrade all my SEO rules have been deleted! all so my The table seo_names in the database had 6540 names, and after the upgrade it only has 6360 names, i know 20 of them are SEO rules, but what about the rest!

has any one had this problem?

edit: forgot to mention I've tried to update last night which is when this problem happened.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:55 PM #75

@rafass - you will never have a bug-free release. There is no software around that is bug-free.
From a software development model, developers are usually freed up from a project when it goes to QA other than to respond to defects found during the QA process. Additionally, some things are deferred until a later release during development due to time constraints or quality/upgrade/migration issues.

IMHO, no "dot 1" release should ever be considered "production quality". A "dot 1" release is done because there are significant changes in functionality. Given new functionality, there will be bugs no matter how hard/long you test it. Each merchant site is unique and so there will be issues uncovered at those sites after release. It is the nature of the beast.

I would ask the question of "what is in 4.2.1 that is so important to you that you have to have it now?" Emphasis is on "have to" not "want to".

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• newuser
  • Trial users
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:00 PM #76

Tried downloading the trail version from here:
https://www.cs-cart....ad-cs-cart.html

every time download was successful but when opening with winrar - it showed :

! XXXXXXXXXXXXXX\cscart\4.2.1\cscart_v4.2.1.tgz: The archive is corrupt

downloaded 2 times with chrome and 1 time with IE (both latest version )

Any suggestion or the file is truly corrupt

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:14 PM #77

Just use the upgrade manager. Refresh it so that the package appears. Then just hit install. Easy as pie.

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:35 PM #78

2nd installation also seemed to upgrade well. Its amazing how many addons still work, Seems everything is functional.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:44 PM #79

Shouldn't be too amazing. The real functional change was making the responsive theme the default. If you were running basic before there would be no change.

The vast majority of items that would affect addons (outside of custom themes) were rather esoteric and used by very few addons (like adding a new optional parameter to the register_hooks() function).

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Rafass
  • Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:33 PM #80

Thanks for your explanation tbirnseth.

Can anyone explain why is the demo so slow????
http://tools.pingdom...emo.cs-cart.com

I don't know what kind of hosting are using the demo, but in my case I'm using a good hosting, and the speed of cscart is amazing, you can see it: less than 1 second:

Posted Image

http://tools.pingdom...cPla/rafass.com