• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cs-Cart 4.2.1 Released: New Styles, E-Mail Marketing, And More Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:30 PM #41

And they want to charge support credits until they can verify that the problem is a result of their code or their process. If the issue is from another 3rd party or the hosting environment, it's not their issue. If the issue is on their end, they are usually very good at crediting back the support credits. But you may have to ask for it.

My personal opinion is that my annual license fee should cover some basic support. I think they should at least investigate the problem because it COULD potentially be a large scale issue.. I shouldn't have to pay money up front for support tickets and then get refunded if it turns out the problem was their script all along.

http://www.RacingSolution.com
Performance & Styling Auto Parts
CS-Cart v4.5.2

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:06 PM #42

I agree that a re-up of the upgrade fee should include some support credits.

But I've also been around long enough to know that you can spend considerable time identifying where a problem is and when it turns out that it's not in code you are responsible for, I've wasted a lot of time for nothing other than to help someone else identify their problem. That's not a very good model for staying in business. For most people, time is indeed money. So time spent uncompensated is usually time wasted from a business perspective.

I try to help my clients with issues they might uncover with my code. But there are countless occurrences where they are reporting problems to me about actions/events not even taken by my products. I try to tell them up-front that I'm happy to help, but if it turns out the issue is outside of my code, they will have to pay for my investigation time. While this is usually rare, there are certain clients that always seem to point the finger and it is those clients who also install every free addon that comes along and then go to the paid addon developer to help them sort it out.

Most developers I've worked with (addon or cs-cart) take a similar view. We're happy to help and resolve our issues but certainly can't debug/diagnose other developer's code or methods.

But I've also see where cs-cart points the finger at a 3rd party addon but doesn't give any info as to why, or the reason they claim is completely bogus.

But this is getting a bit off topic. Basically I've rarely seen the case where cs-cart has not refunded support credits when the issue has been a defect in their code or process.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:30 PM #43

Good to know.. Never had to use support credits myself

http://www.RacingSolution.com
Performance & Styling Auto Parts
CS-Cart v4.5.2

• SeanH
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:10 AM #44

I am having trouble saving themes for this version. I'm receiving the follow error after trying to make changes to the default theme:

LESS parse error: failed at `0 ` line: 10105

Version 4.1.5 seemed to be fine.

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:32 AM #45

Is anyone seeing the upgrade package in the upgrade manager yet?

Upgrades will be available within one week.

• zeero6
  • Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:16 PM #46

Yup. It showed up yesterday

Version 4.9.3 SP1

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:19 PM #47

Guys,

Please give us one or two more days. We are investigating possible issues with SEO names after the upgrade, and will not release the upgrades until we are absolutely sure that all SEO features work smoothly and there will not be any problems with SEO names.

Thank you for the patience.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1850 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:14 PM #48

Guys,

Please give us one or two more days. We are investigating possible issues with SEO names after the upgrade, and will not release the upgrades until we are absolutely sure that all SEO features work smoothly and there will not be any problems with SEO names.

Will this affect new cs-cart v4.2.1 installation?

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for 365-day support and custom development service

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:19 PM #49

No, we are talking about upgrades only.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1850 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:22 PM #50

Thanks for the confirmation.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for 365-day support and custom development service

• zeero6
  • Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:25 PM #51

Posted Imageimac, on 29 July 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

Should we wait to refresh the existing package before we do the upgrade?
Thanks

Version 4.9.3 SP1

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:11 PM #52

Guys,

Yeah, Lets not do an upgrade that messes up all the seo names and totally hoses our sites.. Thanks for being proactive.. Upgrades should never change any SEO....

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:44 PM #53

And they want to charge support credits until they can verify that the problem is a result of their code or their process.

Not really sure if it matters either way. I was charged for credits for a bug in their software with Amazon Checkout a year or two back. Another time I was charged for asking a question and them pointing me to their knowledge database.

• SeanH
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:08 AM #54

Not really sure if it matters either way. I was charged for credits for a bug in their software with Amazon Checkout a year or two back. Another time I was charged for asking a question and them pointing me to their knowledge database.

Thinking I might be put in the same boat. I can't get the 4.2.1 to work - modifying themes seem to crash the site. I wonder if I ask the question in support I'll just get charged and told to wait for an update (no acknowledgement above - perhaps nobody else is having this issue???).

• BarryH
  • Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:07 AM #55

Hi

I have decided that if/when I go to 4.2.* I am going to do fresh install and export/import etc.

I have been playing around and done a few export/imports, when I imported the PRODUCTS many of the seo's were wrong and had been overwritten with page titles (ie generated seo).

I copied SEO table accros from SQL and all ok.

So it may be that it's NOT only upgrades!!!!!!

Barry

BarryH

CS-Cart v4.4.3 (Plus one being developed v4.5.2 SP2)
UK User

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:46 PM #56

Hi I have decided that if/when I go to 4.2.* I am going to do fresh install and export/import etc. I have been playing around and done a few export/imports, when I imported the PRODUCTS many of the seo's were wrong and had been overwritten with page titles (ie generated seo). I copied SEO table accros from SQL and all ok. So it may be that it's NOT only upgrades!!!!!! Barry

Barry,

Upgrades & Store Import add-on are two different features.

Moreover, if you are talking about the Import/Export feature from the administration menu - then it is the 3rd way to transfer your data to the latest CS-Cart version. But I would not recommend it, as it is less safe compared to Upgrades & Store Import.

Upgrades are the most trusted way to update your store.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• CS-Cart team
  • CS-Cart support team
  • Moderators
  • 3817 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:20 PM #57

Dear friends,

Thank you for your feedbacks.

As far as I see, our technical support engineer has returned credits for the Amazon Checkout bug issue (please have a look at ticket #100663236) on August 8, 2012. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this situation.

As regards the situation with our Knowledge base, as you may know, our technical support service is a paid one. Even if we provide a link to our Knowledge base, such a request is estimated at 5 technical support credits as this question relates to the first class of our support:

Explanation of setting up some standard CS-Cart functionality. General questions about setting up CS-Cart (not problems)

Hope this explains the situation.

Thinking I might be put in the same boat. I can't get the 4.2.1 to work - modifying themes seem to crash the site. I wonder if I ask the question in support I'll just get charged and told to wait for an update (no acknowledgement above - perhaps nobody else is having this issue???).

SeanH,

If you are experiencing any issues, we will be glad to assist you. As regards our technical support service, as you may know, it is a paid one. If you wish to know the ticket cost estimation first, you should leave the “I agree with your ticket cost estimation” check box clear when you submit a ticket.

Please let me assure you that we do not subtract credits without any explanation of the situation. If the problem is not caused by a bug and the explanation of how the functionality should work is provided, credits are subtracted according to the complexity of the issue.

We never charge support credits for bugs, complaints or providing information that is not related to technical issues (for example, how much the ticket costs or how our technical support department works). We fix bugs that are found in a clear CS-Cart version free of charge. I mean that if a problem on your site is also reproduced in a clean CS-Cart installation with the same settings, this problem is considered to be caused by a bug and we will fix it for free.

For more information about issue-based support, please refer to our website:

http://www.cs-cart.c...ce.html#credits

Thank you.

---
Anastasiya Kozlova
CS-Cart Support team

Sincerely yours, CS-Cart Support Team

User guide       |  Developer documentation  |  Core API documentation

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:07 PM #58

Any updated time frame when we should be seeing the update in our admin's....

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• BarryH
  • Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:34 PM #59

Barry,

Upgrades & Store Import add-on are two different features.

Moreover, if you are talking about the Import/Export feature from the administration menu - then it is the 3rd way to transfer your data to the latest CS-Cart version. But I would not recommend it, as it is less safe compared to Upgrades & Store Import.

Upgrades are the most trusted way to update your store.

Hi Imac

I am currently on 4.1.5 and the option for store import isn't available. ERROR (ErrorImport from this edition is not supported).
I don't want to upgrade because we have had a few issues since upgrading to 4.1.(not sure) and want to start fresh.
I would have tried the store import as a 1st option.

Will store import be avaiable in the next release?

Regards
Barry

BarryH

CS-Cart v4.4.3 (Plus one being developed v4.5.2 SP2)
UK User

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 4005 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:25 AM #60

Barry, Store Import is only for converting previous versions to 4.x. After that, upgrades should be done via the Upgrade center.

If you still have your 2.2.4 - 3.x version/installation, then you can use the Store import.