• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cart-Power Add-On: Live Search Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:32 PM #101

Was going to buy this.  Your advertisement on the front page stated the addon was $25 (has since been edited out since I have emailed you), but when you click on the link, it take's you to a place and charges $59.  I contacted you and you refuse to honor the price that you are advertising your product for.  Fairly bad business practice.  I will no longer purchase any addon's from you in the future.

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1631 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:44 PM #102

Was going to buy this.  Your advertisement on the front page stated the addon was $25 (has since been edited out since I have emailed you), but when you click on the link, it take's you to a place and charges $59.  I contacted you and you refuse to honor the price that you are advertising your product for.  Fairly bad business practice.  I will no longer purchase any addon's from you in the future.

Hello,

I already explained you the situation that the price that was set on the first page was there from the first release of the add-on and its cost was $25. From that time, we have already added a lot of functionality in there and of course the price of the add-on was changed (it was changed several months ago) and on the marketplace the price was correct. We just forgot to change the price on the first page of the thread. You requested the discount, but unfortunately, for now we have no discounts and can't offer you a better price for it. We are sorry for misunderstanding, we already updated the first post of this thread and will check the others also asap.

Thank you.

Cart-Power.com / Cart-Power.ru (sales@cart-power.com) offers you:
CS-Cart add-ons :: CS-Cart themes :: CS-Cart development :: CS-Cart license
Работаем с англоязычными и русскоязычными клиентами (work with English-speaking and Russian-speaking customers)

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:33 PM #103

You should be a stand up company and honor the price you are advertising.  What you are doing could be considered false advertising and illegal many places.

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:36 PM #104

falseadvertising.jpg

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2307 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:37 PM #105

POPULAR

Dude, they just forgot to update the pricing on this 1 forum location. They apologized about their mistake. 

Their add-on has improved a lot and they added tons of features. $59,- is a fair price especially so for a good add-on by a company that is reliable and offers support.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4671 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:48 PM #106

You should be a stand up company and honor the price you are advertising.  What you are doing is false advertising and illegal many places.

Dont wanna jump on you here bud, but this is not true.

There is no contract of supply until payment is exchanged and terms accepted they are under no obligation to sell it at a price listed somewhere incorrectly.

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:02 PM #107

$25 is not a realistic price for an addon with the current functionality. The keep adding more functions and you cant expect Cart Power to work for free.

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:31 AM #108

Not expecting them to work for free.  Just expecting them to sell a product for what they are advertising it for.  Just wondering, say you bought something on eBay for $25.  Would you expect to pay for the item and be done with it?  Or do you think its perfectly OK for the seller to come back and say, I want $59 and not the $25 I told you i would sell it to you for?  Just sayin, if you advertise something, then you should be an honest person and honor the deal.

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:35 AM #109

Dont wanna jump on you here bud, but this is not true.

There is no contract of supply until payment is exchanged and terms accepted they are under no obligation to sell it at a price listed somewhere incorrectly.

Actually, Google even states it:

State and federal laws are in place to protect consumers from false or misleading advertising. These laws make deceptive claims illegal. No business may make falsemisleading, or deceptive claims about a product regarding its price.

I know this is US law, which obviously does not cover the world hehe, why I stated many places.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11428 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:38 AM #110

Depends on the context of  the "advertisement".

A forum post is really related to the date that the item was posted.

I would not take any price I found here as gospel, but instead would go to the developer's site and review the price (with options included) and any other T&C's that relate to the actual purchase.  They may charge for support or updates and that wouldn't necessarily be factored into the price, but certainly would be part of the cost of ownership.

You can't rely on any info in a 1yr old posting to be valid.  Note that the version of cs-cart has probably changed 5 times since the original post.

Note too that places like the cs-cart marketplace do not account for product options that may modify the price. So what you see there may only be accurate for one set of option modifiers.  I.e. I sell addons for V4 and MVE at a different price than the base price listed which is for V2.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:39 AM #111

@parodius420:

Your eBay example is apples and oranges...not the same thing at all. Unless you are claiming that you bought the addon for $25.00 and now Cart Power is demanding you pay an extra $34.

I doubt seriously that Cart Power set out to deliberately deceive. It's more likely they forgot to update this forum post after the price increase. I have bought a couple of addons from them and find them to be very good people to deal with.

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:50 AM #112

Not stating they are being deceptive on purpose, was just pointing out how it could get someone in trouble. I am done on the topic, its stupid to argue.  I am just saying, if I advertised a product, I would sell it for what I am advertising it for, not over twice of what I am advertising it for, especially on a page that I have edited multiple time's to add new features etc to the list and kept the price the same.  There has been several time's that I have sold an item only to find out that I could have got a lot more if I canceled the order and relisted it, because prices on things fluctuate on any given week.  I just feel you should honor what you preach.  That's all. 

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4671 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:48 AM #113

Still doenst matter Im afraid, no contract anywhere in the world is binding about  th eprice until you the consumer actually pays the money thats when the contract takes place.

If it allowed you to pay $25.00 then he came back and said its $59 then yes, they would have to honour the $25.

I know its a shitter but that the way it is, Like is say no hard feelings its just a fact.

Maybe he could have offered you a gesture of % discount for spotting and alerting him to the price issue, which possibly avoided them further embarrasment, buts that his choice

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1008 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:42 PM #114

Probably the price was not set correctly. Mistakes happens ;)

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1631 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:02 PM #115

Thank everyone here for the support. We have more than 60 add-on on our store and about 40 that we have no time to publish. We are working on improving the functionality of our add-on all the time and really want to make them perfect and suitable for most users of CS-Cart. Of course, we are trying to update all the info everywhere, but sometimes such situations happen. As I said, we are sorry for it and have actualized the info already.

Thank you.

Работаем с англоязычными и русскоязычными клиентами (work with English-speaking and Russian-speaking customers)

• jomapel
  • Trial users
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:59 PM #116

Thank everyone here for the support. We have more than 60 add-on on our store and about 40 that we have no time to publish. We are working on improving the functionality of our add-on all the time and really want to make them perfect and suitable for most users of CS-Cart. Of course, we are trying to update all the info everywhere, but sometimes such situations happen. As I said, we are sorry for it and have actualized the info already.

Thank you.

Hello

I want to buy this addon (live search) but to use with other theme (buy shop) for cs-cart 4.3.4-4.3.5. Can you help me to modify?

Thank you

CS-Cart v.1.3.5 SP3

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:19 PM #117

For some reason the live search does not always work. I don't know why. At other times it works fine.

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1631 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:37 PM #118

Hello

I want to buy this addon (live search) but to use with other theme (buy shop) for cs-cart 4.3.4-4.3.5. Can you help me to modify?

Thank you

Please, check demo on CS-Cart 4.3.4

For some reason the live search does not always work. I don't know why. At other times it works fine.

Please, send us details by email.

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1631 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:24 AM #119

Dear Friends,

We would like to inform you, that we have added new features to Live Search add-on

1. ability to search by category and sub-category;
  2. ability to offer some suggestions according to the characters typed;
  3. ability to open product page in pop-up (by analogy with Quick View functionality)

The Full Description is below.

The "Live Search" add-on is a sophisticated module which allows your customers to search products using a simple search form and receive result instantly with the help of Ajax technology. The search process will not overload your server because the add-on sends one request only after customer has typed the particular number of characters. You may specify this number in the add-on settings in the store administration panel. The built-in separate cache system has optimized search process as well. We tested search on the store with 25 000 products which are translated into 2 languages. We recommend you to see the video tutorial prepared for this add-on.

Features:
  • compatibility with responsive and basic themes as well as CS-Cart and MV 4.0.x, 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x CS-Cart Professional 3.x.x, CS-Cart Ultimate CS-Cart 3.x.x;

• optimized speed due to Internal Cache system;

• tested with 25 000 products which are translated into 2 languages;

• cache products functionality with the usage of special page and cron script;

• automatically caching after product is created/updated/deleted;

• ability to turn on using cache for live search and regular search separately;

• search request history with detailed information about search patterns and their frequency;

• ability to clear search history, ability to delete separate search phrase;

• ability to determine the minimum number of characters required for starting search;

• ability to show/hide ajax loader for live search process;

• usage of the ajax technology (only one request after customer finished entering search phrase);

• ability to offer some suggestions according to the characters typed (new!);

• the ability to postpone the initiation of search process for some time;

• easily adjusted search area ( search is available in keywords, features, options, product code, categories (new!), subcategories (new!);

• ability to search by exact phrase or any word;

• easily adjusted search results area (number of products, product codes and prices, presence and width of thumbnails, the Add to cart button with Quick view functionality (new!);

• ability to add stop words to a product to exclude it from search results.

Add-on is compatible with 

• CS-Cart version 3.x.x, 4.0.x, 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x;
  • Multi-Vendor version 3.x.x, 4.0.x, 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x.

Live demo:

Do not hesitate ask any questions.

Thank you.

• automatednow
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:34 PM #120

Dear Cart-Power,

Can you please update my site/add-on with these new features you mention?  Please keep the other changes we have made intact.  I have also sent an e-mail request to do so.

Thank you.