• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4.2.1 Release Candidate Rate Topic   * * * * * 1 votes

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3273 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:33 AM #81

Well at least it will be stable, however I was hoping for more bits and bobs in this release..

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:31 PM #82

Actually it has already been published: http://www.cs-cart.c...angelog421.html

The point is that the release has already been built and most probably it will not change anymore. At the moment we are testing the Upgrade Center and Store Import functionality. It means that the bugs that have been reported during the last week most probably will not be included in the final release until we set the Severity of this bug to Major. So the changelog can be changed before the official release date, but I do not think it will.

The main idea is to test the release thoroughly in its final state, in order to exclude potential problems caused by new bug fixes (we have such problems in the earlier versions). In order to have a 100% stable release, you should perform regression tests on every fix that is included in the final release (that takes a lot of time). Currently, after the release is built, we check it as follows:
1) back-end tests via Unit tests
2) client-side tests via Webdriver (ex Selenium)
3) manual tests of the release
4) manual tests of Upgrade Center and Store Import

[+] Addons: Ebay sync: The add-on included to the default package. What does that mean? No longer have to pay for it?

• ilib
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:31 AM #83

do you eventually have downloadable multivendor 4.2.1 release candidate ?

CS-Cart and Magento support and development

https://shop.kozeta.lt

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:04 AM #84

Tired of the "F" score from Google because JavaScript is parsed during initial page load. Please Defer the parsing of JavaScript to reduce blocking of page rendering.
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:41 AM #85

[+] Addons: Ebay sync: The add-on included to the default package. What does that mean? No longer have to pay for it?

It still will be paid, but since v4.2.1 all you need is to buy license. So there won't be need to download and install this add-on anymore. It always will be included to the CS-Cart/Multi-Vendor package.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:42 AM #86

do you eventually have downloadable multivendor 4.2.1 release candidate ?

No, Multi-Vendor RC is not available for testing.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Rafass
  • Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:06 AM #87

Tired of the "F" score from Google because JavaScript is parsed during initial page load. Please Defer the parsing of JavaScript to reduce blocking of page rendering.

+1
if it's possible, would be great improve this

Posted Image

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1572 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:48 AM #88

TomH, have you posted this bug somewhere? Can you provide me a link/id to this ticket?

No, posted only here. And unfortunately is present in the recently released stable version.
Described how to reproduce it, if you need any additional information let me know.

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:35 AM #89

No, posted only here. And unfortunately is present in the recently released stable version.
Described how to reproduce it, if you need any additional information let me know.

ThomH,

It would be great if you post this bug to the Bug tracker: http://forum.cs-cart...ject-1-cs-cart/ .
From your description it is not quite clear what exactly I should do to reproduce the problem, so additional information is appreciated.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1572 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:45 AM #90

ThomH,

It would be great if you post this bug to the Bug tracker: http://forum.cs-cart...ject-1-cs-cart/ .
From your description it is not quite clear what exactly I should do to reproduce the problem, so additional information is appreciated.

How reproduced it in your demo:
In the cs-cart administration panel go to Website -> Content and open e.g. Free shipping.
Under Add-ons tab enable comments and reviews, save
Then under the recently appeared Comments tab add a post, or on the storefront
once the post appeared hit the Save and close button.
Perhaps this helps.

I hope someone has more time and can move it to the bug tracker, we currently are very busy with our own development and common customers.

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:26 PM #91

As for other microdata schemas, we added them to our roadmap.

Thanks,

I hope that more microdata schemas will be added soon. Here is an example of a needed microdata schema that currently causes lost sales because the wrong price is shown. Discounted price overrules product price in Google. But as we have only product price, the discounted price is not shown and it appears in Google as if the price is higher than it really is. Other websites are showing the discount price.

• Jmamelia
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:41 PM #92

Is there some trick to logging in to CS Labs? Neither URL will let me login with my forum credentials.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1000 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:39 AM #93

Cs cart 4.2.1 is released ...i belive the lab is curently closed

• nalbertus
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:30 PM #94

Hi Zeke,

The rich snippets are great and works well. I hope that one product feature will be implemented very quicky. It will now automatically refer to the price. At my shop, and I think many others, we work with quantity discount prices.

I think that there a customers who will not visit our site because the discount prices are not displayed but instead the "higher" normal prices.

Coul you tell us when this will be implemented?

Thanks and keep up the good work :grin: