Addon: Referral Marketing

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Hi, community[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]We are glad to present you the “[/font][/color]Referral Marketing[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]” add-on from eCom Labs team[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif].[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]The “[/font][/color]Referral Marketing[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]” [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]add-on [/font][/color]allows to reward the referrers and referrals. You can select the required reward type and amount: Reward points, Coupon code, Gift certificate

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]All details can be found [/font][/color]here

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]If you have any questions, please contact me.[/font][/color]

We bought this and have been trying to get it rolling but I was wondering if you had more in depth instructions than the ones in the “documentation” part on the product page?

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1403059450' post='185949']

We bought this and have been trying to get it rolling but I was wondering if you had more in depth instructions than the ones in the “documentation” part on the product page?

[/quote]

Please check PM. Thank you.

There is no further documentation yet from what eComlabs sent in a PM.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1403094101' post='185991']

There is no further documentation yet from what eComlabs sent in a PM.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, you did not specify what items are not clear. We have about 10 downloads and you was first who contacted us about additional instructions. Anyway, we have extended the documentation. Please check and let me know if something is still not clear.

The "Referral Marketing" Add-on for CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor

We will do our best to make the module as convenient as possible.

Thanks.

Friends,

The misprint was reported by one of our customers. Please correct the value of the “ref_link_text” language variable on the Administration → Languages → Translations page or download the corrected package from our website.

Sorry about that.

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1403100915' post='185998'] Unfortunately, you did not specify what items are not clear. We have about 10 downloads and you was first who contacted us about additional instructions. Anyway, we have extended the documentation. Please check and let me know if something is still not clear. The "Referral Marketing" Add-on for CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor We will do our best to make the module as convenient as possible. Thanks. [/quote]

There are quite a few areas that are just not clear in the add on and aren't really clarified very well in your instructions.

1. From the looks of the way you have your reward coupon set up in your demo, if a customer refers someone who buys $10 then the referrer gets a $10 off coupon? Is this correct?
  2. In your instructions you state, “Go to the Editing profile → Add-ons page and click on the “+” button in the Referral link section” I can't quite figure out where you are sating to click on the “+” button. I'm guessing the editing profile just means the domain we've installed the app on? If I go to “Manage Add-ons” where I see your add on that is the only place I can find the “+” button. If I hit image of the gear next to your add on and then choose “settings” I can see where to set up some things, but again, there is no “+” sign. So I'm not for sure, but I guess I'm looking in the wrong place.
  3. In the settings you try to explain what the “Referrer reward amount” field is by saying “Amount of points or coupon cost (on reward type based)”. This is where the confusion starts because I just can't seem to wrap my mind around what you are trying to say here.
  4. Then again, a couple of lines down you again say under the “Referral reward amount” you state, “Amount of points or coupon cost (on reward type based)”. So this is the amount of the coupon or reward that we are giving to the referrer? It is very confusing because it is the exact same wording as what was in question 3 above. So basically it seems you are asking the same question twice, so I am trying to figure out what it means.
  5. In the demo on your site you have “$1” for the “Min orders amount”. From what I understand, are you saying that the minimum purchase to get the $10 reward is if someone buys $1 worth of product? The explanation you have is “Minimum total of orders required for reward”. Or does this mean that in order for the person to collect their “coupon” or reward all they have to do is spend $1.
  6. Finally, back up to the top under “Location” by default you have “profiles.add” and you say if we want it to go to the home page to leave it blank. I know that those who know more about CS-Cart may know what to do here, but how do we get it to point to another place in the site.

@clips,

Thank you for the questions. Please find the answers below

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1405894419' post='187870']

1. From the looks of the way you have your reward coupon set up in your demo, if a customer refers someone who buys $10 then the referrer gets a $10 off coupon? Is this correct?

[/quote]

2) In your instructions you state, “Go to the Editing profile → Add-ons page and click on the “+” button in the Referral link section” I can't quite figure out where you are sating to click on the “+” button. I'm guessing the editing profile just means the domain we've installed the app on? If I go to “Manage Add-ons” where I see your add on that is the only place I can find the “+” button. If I hit image of the gear next to your add on and then choose “settings” I can see where to set up some things, but again, there is no “+” sign. So I'm not for sure, but I guess I'm looking in the wrong place.

[/quote]

3) In the settings you try to explain what the “Referrer reward amount” field is by saying “Amount of points or coupon cost (on reward type based)”. This is where the confusion starts because I just can't seem to wrap my mind around what you are trying to say here.

[/quote]

This is the reward which will be given to the referrer. Look at the first screenshot.

4) Then again, a couple of lines down you again say under the “Referral reward amount” you state, “Amount of points or coupon cost (on reward type based)”. So this is the amount of the coupon or reward that we are giving to the referrer? It is very confusing because it is the exact same wording as what was in question 3 above. So basically it seems you are asking the same question twice, so I am trying to figure out what it means.

[/quote]

This is the reward for the referral (invited customer) not for referrer. Look at the first screenshot.

5) In the demo on your site you have “$1” for the “Min orders amount”. From what I understand, are you saying that the minimum purchase to get the $10 reward is if someone buys $1 worth of product? The explanation you have is “Minimum total of orders required for reward”. Or does this mean that in order for the person to collect their “coupon” or reward all they have to do is spend $1.

[/quote]

Let's imagine that you have invited new customer who made purchase on $0.50 (50 cents). You will not receive your reward until this customer make another purchase on $0.50 or more.

6) Finally, back up to the top under “Location” by default you have “profiles.add” and you say if we want it to go to the home page to leave it blank. I know that those who know more about CS-Cart may know what to do here, but how do we get it to point to another place in the site.

[/quote]

In order to learn it just go to the page you wish to introduce in storefront and copy the link from address bar of your browser. Please note that you should leave only path without the domain/protocol.

For example if you have the following link there:

http://yourdomain.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=123

You have to fill in the following part:

index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=123

Hope everything is clear for you now. If you still have any questions, please let me know.

Good news! No any update required for CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor v. 4.2.1

In the Add On settings, “Max users per link” refers to the referrer or that max amount of referrals?

[quote name='CustomBusRolls' timestamp='1414722474' post='195762']

In the Add On settings, “Max users per link” refers to the referrer or that max amount of referrals?

[/quote]

If the value of this setting is not empty, it specifies the maximum amount of referrals per link. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

After upgrading to V4.2.3 Referral Marketing no longer works… “Service Unavailable” page…

We are also running a fully secured site https:// just in case that has anything to do with it…

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1414851001' post='195885']

After upgrading to V4.2.3 Referral Marketing no longer works… “Service Unavailable” page…

We are also running a fully secured site https:// just in case that has anything to do with it…

[/quote]

Sorry to hear that. But the module has been tested with 4.2.3 right after the release. Also I have asked our developers to check it again today and they have not found any problem. If the issue still exists, please PM me temporary FTP access so that we can examine it.

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1415009030' post='195937']

Sorry to hear that. But the module has been tested with 4.2.3 right after the release. Also I have asked our developers to check it again today and they have not found any problem. If the issue still exists, please PM me temporary FTP access so that we can examine it.

[/quote]

Can it have anything to do with us running fully as https:// ???

Can you place the refer box anywhere on the site? Like the order completion page? Home Page? etc…

[quote name='Kayokoko Swimwear' timestamp='1415038314' post='195963']

Can you place the refer box anywhere on the site? Like the order completion page? Home Page? etc…

[/quote]

That is a great idea. Be able to show the link for them to copy and paste on the order completion page… Maybe even a pop up.

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1415009030' post='195937']

[/quote]

It works with in the user profile but if you click the referral link from the “My Account” drop down it errors…

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1415132448' post='196046']

It works with in the user profile but if you click the referral link from the “My Account” drop down it errors…

[/quote]

Unfortunately, we failed to reproduce it. Please PM me so that we can examine the issue directly on your server.

[quote name='Kayokoko Swimwear' timestamp='1415038314' post='195963']

[/quote]

Good idea. What information should be displayed in this block?

maybe add th ability to put the box in a block so we can control where it resides.

If you add it to the order landing page…so once a customer places an order they are recommended to share the link.

The current problem we are having is the link shown under the “My Account” drop down…

/index.php?dispatch=profiles.update#ref_link

is being converted into

/index.php?dispatch=profiles.update%23ref_link

The # is being changed by all browsers into %23

How do we fix this???