• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cart-Power Add-On: Auction Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1646 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:18 AM #1

Dear Friends!

We would like to introduce you the Cart-Power add-on: Auction.

The Auction add-on allows you to run auctions in your store. The auction details are displayed on the product page. Customers can see Auction products on the Auction page, on categories (if chosen) and search pages.

Features:

• administrators can set the minimal bid amount, the reserve price and the start price
  • ability to set the time, when the auction starts and finishes
  • count-down timer on the product page and on the products list page
  • customers can follow auctions and get e-mail notifications. If a customer makes a bid, he is automatically subscribed to e-mail notifications
  • customers can type the desired bid amount in a special field or can click the “Bid” button to make a standard bid (if the input field is disabled by administrators in general Auction settings), defined by the administrators in the auction settings and displayed on the product page
  • customers can buy the product without participating in the auction, if they click the “Buy now” button. Buy now price is displayed on the product page
  • administrators can see the auction history
  • administrators can finish the auction manually
  • ability to restart an auction

How the Auction add-on works

A customer can see auction items on the Auction page by default as well as on categories and search pages, if set by the administrator in general Auction settings: Add-ons > Manage add-ons > CS-Cart Auction Add-on > Settings > Show auction products.
On the product page the following auction information is displayed:

• min. bid amount
  • last price
  • ending time
  • buy now price

If there is no bid input field (set by the administrator in the general auction settings), a customer can make a bid pushing the "Bid" button. In this case, he makes a minimal bid, the amount of which is displayed on the page.
If there is a bid input field, a customer can choose the amount of bid, but it still must be no less than the minimal bid. If otherwise, there will be a warning that the bid is less, and it won't be accepted.
After the bid is made, the customer can see a notification on the product page that the last bid was made by him/her.
When a customer is overbid, he gets an email notification.
The auction is finished, when the time runs out or when the administrator finishes the auction manually in the administration panel: Products > Auction > Auction list > Choose the necessary product > Edit > More > Auction > Finish auction. The winner is the customer, who has offered the highest price by this time. He/she gets an email notification with a special code, that will allow him/her buy the product. Other participants will see that the auction is finished on the product page.
If the reserve price wasn't met, the winner will be informed about it and offered to buy the product at the reserve price.
The winner can buy only one item at the price he/she suggested.
If a customer clicks “Buy now” button, he/she can buy several items if the quantity field is available (set by administrators in general Auction Settings). The "Buy now" price is displayed on the product page.

Where the administrator can see the auction history

In the administration panel go to Products > Auction > Auction list > Choose the necessary product from the list > Edit-> More-> Auction history.
There you can see the following auction details:

• auction end date (when the auction is finished)
  • auction winner (the customer who won the auction)
  • price (the price suggested by the customer or the reserve price, if it wasn't met by the customer's offer)
  • action (finished by the administrator, bought via “Buy now” button, time is up)

Compatibility

• CS-Cart: 4.0.x - 4.9.x;
  • Multi-Vendor: 4.0.x - 4.9.x.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Add-on official page

Thank you for your time.

Cart-Power.com / Cart-Power.ru (sales@cart-power.com) offers you:
CS-Cart add-ons :: CS-Cart themes :: CS-Cart development :: CS-Cart license
Работаем с англоязычными и русскоязычными клиентами (work with English-speaking and Russian-speaking customers)

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:45 AM #2

Very interesting.
Regards,
Jim

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11597 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:41 AM #3

What are the business rules surrounding payment? Is there a reserve authentication amount or other means to ensure that when someone bids up an item, that they actually purchase it?

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1646 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:30 AM #4

What are the business rules surrounding payment? Is there a reserve authentication amount or other means to ensure that when someone bids up an item, that they actually purchase it?

As soon as auction is finished, participants of auctions get email. Winner of auction gets link to the payment.

There is no guaranty that winner will buy product in current version. We will consider idea about taking payment for each bid. If anybody thinks that it is needed functionality, please, write about it.
Работаем с англоязычными и русскоязычными клиентами (work with English-speaking and Russian-speaking customers)

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:19 PM #5

This is a pretty cool add on. Very unique. Trying to figure out myself if, and how we might be able to use it. I'd have to agree with tbirnseth that it probably would be important on the payment side to at least be able to allow merchants to get an "authorization" but if you add it I would hope you would keep this functionality as an option. So if someone wanted to run it like you have now, then can.
Regards,
Jim

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1646 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:22 PM #6

This is a pretty cool add on. Very unique. Trying to figure out myself if, and how we might be able to use it. I'd have to agree with tbirnseth that it probably would be important on the payment side to at least be able to allow merchants to get an "authorization" but if you add it I would hope you would keep this functionality as an option. So if someone wanted to run it like you have now, then can.

Now, customer can't bid while he does not signed in. Is this functionality enough?

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2347 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:26 PM #7

Would this also work with more than 1 product? This way you could do something like: 10 available - and sell them to the highest 10 bidders.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1646 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:57 AM #8

Would this also work with more than 1 product? This way you could do something like: 10 available - and sell them to the highest 10 bidders.

Unfortunately, at this moment only one customer can win auction. What about auction for more one product, it works right now. You can check it on demo.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:28 PM #9

Any plans to add proxy bidding?

Prevent bid sniping? I would like to see an option to auto-extend the ending time to prevent bid sniping. While buyers like sniping, sellers might now. Perhaps extend the end time by 5 minutes if someone puts a bid in during the last 5 minutes.

Larry
SculptingStudio.com
DigitalOcean VM

Ubuntu 14.04

Nginx

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1646 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:38 AM #10

Any plans to add proxy bidding?

Prevent bid sniping? I would like to see an option to auto-extend the ending time to prevent bid sniping. While buyers like sniping, sellers might now. Perhaps extend the end time by 5 minutes if someone puts a bid in during the last 5 minutes.

Good notice. We will think about adding this feature in the next release.

• beta
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:41 PM #11

hi, this is COOL!
but the auction addon not safe user's maximum bid! Rather, it will placed in "last price" only!

bid maximum vacancies in this add-on is felt.

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1646 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:49 AM #12

hi, this is COOL!
but the auction addon not safe user's maximum bid! Rather, it will placed in "last price" only!

bid maximum vacancies in this add-on is felt.

Sorry for the delay with answer. What do you mean "Maximum bid"? Last price is the last offered product cost and it is maximum bid as well. Could you please describe what do you mean more detailed?

Thank you.

• Goodies
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:55 PM #13

Is there any upgrade available for the Auction Bid Add on? I might be interested.

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1646 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:10 PM #14

Is there any upgrade available for the Auction Bid Add on? I might be interested.

Hello,

Thank you for the interest to our product. Yes, we have developed much new features for this add-on and we plan to release it in 1-2 days. We will post new message here with new features.

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1646 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:47 AM #15

Dear Goodies,

Here is full list of last changes of Auction add-on.
  • new page "all actions by auction products" are added
  • history page was updated. You can spy any actions of all auctions
  • new page was added for customer. Custom can see all him auctions
  • auto-restart of auction functionality were added. If product in stock, you can configure automatically restart
  • messages system was updated
  • many bugs where fixed

Unfortunately, we did not update demo for a while. We will prepare updated demo during 2-3 days.

Please, feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you.

• ibaker
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:44 AM #16

I have just purchased this great addon from Cart-Power and I must say that I am very impressed with it. It is brilliant and will add a new dimension to my store...thanks Cart-Power

I also purchased their Latest Xenforo Threads addon and will down the track some time get him to develop a single login system joining both my CS-Cart Store and my Xenforo Forums so as to provide a total solution for my customers.

If I may make a suggestion for further enhancements to the Auction addon, of which I would pay another $99 for, would be the ability for customers to create their own auctions from which I could charge a % fee for successful sales. This would provide the best of both worlds for my customers.

Another enhancement would be an Auction Block that could be added to the store's homepage listing the auctions by order of those ending from the soonest to the latest including the countdown timer being shown under the product in the block. Would be a great way to promote auctions on your site.

Anyway, just some ideas and I can't wait to open my new store and see the Auction addon getting used, thanks again Cart-Power

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1646 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:58 AM #17

Dear Ibaker,

Thank you for your encouraging testimonial. We highly appreciate your suggestions and they are really significant! We are eager to meet all the requirements to better facilitate your busyness.

To proceed the modifications you mentioned let us negotiate all the details using personal messenger or skype (cartpower).

• ibaker
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:54 PM #18

Here is a "mock up" of a block that would be good to be able to have on the store home page with auctions displayed in order from the soonest ending time:
Attached File  1.jpg   77.65KB   16 downloads
(looking at it now perhaps the count down numbers could be displayed a bit smaller to make it look better)

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1646 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:06 PM #19

Dear Friends,

We are happy to inform you that we prepared a brief Video tutorial for our Auction add-on.
We hope it will help you understand the add-on functionality swiftly and easily and you will enjoy your Auctions as many our clients already do!

Sincere regards,
Cart Power

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1646 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:49 PM #20

Here is a "mock up" of a block that would be good to be able to have on the store home page with auctions displayed in order from the soonest ending time:
Posted Image

(looking at it now perhaps the count down numbers could be displayed a bit smaller to make it look better)

Dear Ian,

Thanks for your ideas! We will take them into consideration and possibly they will be included in one of the later versions.