• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Admin Page Shows Store Closed Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Abaco
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:42 PM #1

I have a 4.1.5 site that i am working on prior to upgrading our 3.0.6 site. I went to the admin page to login and when I logged in i immediately got the store closed page. I can not see any of the admin functions.

Is there a file I can edit via FTP to turn the store back on. I have never before seen the admin page show that the store is closed.

Thanks.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11442 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:57 PM #2

Create a file for your test site called local_conf.php
Have it contain:
<?php
define('DEVELOPMENT', true);
You are seeing the store closed page most likely because you have a database error somewhere. This change will cause the error to be displayed instead of the store closed page. But should be used on a development site (or temporarily) only.

You should also turn on database error logging in your Administration/Logs/Settings page. But that won't help you until you can get to the admin portal.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:19 PM #3

<?php
define('DEVELOPMENT', true);

I wish I had know about this days ago

THANK YOU GOOD SIR!

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11442 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:31 PM #4

Yeah, it used to just display a message of "Error occurred" now it goes to store closed and the error is encoded in that page. I think if you have the "make cs-cart better" checkbox set that it will send that encoded error to cs-cart (but don't quote me on that, I haven't taken the time to actually decode the page).

Doing a store import from an earlier version will bring forward incompatible addon tables into your DB. Why they do this, is not clear. But it sure causes a mess for addon developers who have to re-do their addons for V4 and then have to to deal with old tables laying around that are no longer compatible.....

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Abaco
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:43 PM #5

Thank you tbirnseth for taking the time to respond to my question!!

I did what you recommended and could see that a search addon i was using was creating the error. I didn't know where to find the code to change this so I renamed the addon directory for that specific code and the search block reverted to the default search.tpl. While the search addon worked for earlier v4 versions I guess I will have to update it to have it work with v4.1.5.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11442 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:43 PM #6

Glad you were able to find/resolve the issue.