CS-Cart 1.3.5 Beta

CS-Cart is proud to announce the BETA version of CS-Cart 1.3.5, which will be released soon. There will be the following modules included in the release:

• One page checkout
  • Access restrictions
  • Gift Certificates
  • Listmania (ability to create various lists and connect them to products, categories, CMS, etc…)
  • Promotions
  • Reward points
  • RMA
  • Improved SEO
  • Advanced statistics
  • Suppliers (shipping from different locations)
  • Improved data import-export
  • Order re-pay

You can download this version from the File Area of our Customer’s Help Desk. We appreciate if you post any found bug under the Bug Tracker section ([url]http://vb.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php[/url]) on this forum. Please choose “1.3.5 BETA” in “vBug Version” field on the “Submit New Bug” page.

Cs-rocks !!!

there is a choice for Version in bugs, of 1.3.5 Beta. Please use that.

Files are available in your helpdesk area! D/L and begin!

I’m installing this now. Will I be able to build my store using the Beta and then upgrade to the final product once it’s available?

Are there any other changes or refinements to existing features. like mass editing of secondary-categories or Google base, Live Help ?

It does look like you can mass edit categories. There’s also one-page checkout in a really nice format, Captcha, and a few other nice features I’ve noticed so far. It looks great.

It looks like they implemented at least part of the dynamic tabs mod. Product pages are now divided into tabs, but I can’t seem to find anywhere in the admin area to edit the tabs, change how they are displayed, or add new ones. I’d hoped this functionality would make it, because it’s really useful.

[quote name=‘tjmaxwell’]I’m installing this now. Will I be able to build my store using the Beta and then upgrade to the final product once it’s available?[/quote]

Thats certainly not recommended… a beta is for testing not for a live site.

Unless of course your referring to getting your store ready for use… when the final is out.

altough, be careful what you change.

Cool, I did a test install today and it has some pretty neat features. I like the custom SEO URLs. :slight_smile:

Any ETA on a stable release?

Anyone got a demo of this working, so we can try it? PM me if you like. I wont do any thing bad, just have a poke around.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Due to some of the problems testing with WAMP I haven’t been able to truly test the system yet, but I have to say that I’m liking what I see so far. The SEO inclusion of manufacturers names will be a big plus for me. I can’t wait to get deeper into this beta.

Oh, I also like the clean new customer templates.

…installed… I have a well-being sense

RE…RE…CS-Rocks!

Zeke we are proud to use CS-Cart :smiley: and it seems 1.3.5 is just superb :stuck_out_tongue:

If possible would you please add (in stable version);

1. Automatic currency update module for different country users like us? Because our customers wants to see an updated actual currencies in customer area which calculates USD and Euro based product price.
  2. Could you please also add “shop by price menu” (also each price range shows item quantity it has) and “shop by brand menu” which are depends categories (like bestsellers menu)

Thank you for your impressive work again.

I don’t know if this is even being considered by the CS-Cart Team for future releases, but the idea of using mods as installable/uninstallable extensions like components, modules and plug-ins is so user-friendly that I can’t imagine any CMS going very far without using it. Joomla, Drupal and other open-source CMSs are using just that. Highly professional commercial extensions are available for purchase, and are very popular. I don’t see a reason why CS-Cart shouldn’t adopt this idea in the future, even when it comes down to making extra profit on customization services.

I have made so many modifications to my cscart that I just can’t imagine upgrading to the next version without doing it all over again. That’s very discouraging and undesirable even to CS-Cart themselves. Unless everyone here are just late teenagers playing around with later versions of CS-Cart and never settling down on a live heavily-customized and functional shop.

But of course we are not that…

Just a thought :wink:

Could someone post a link to there beta site. I would love to see the one page checkout and the new clean template in action. I’m going to wait for the stable version before install but dying to see it.

there is no beta site, your supposed to download and help beta test so we can all get the stable version sooner, but if you’d like to sit back and do nothing while everyone else does the work then you’ll have to wait longer…

the more bugs we find now the more stable the actual version will be

I wonder if CS-Cart support is maintaining an updated knowledge base in their HQ. Sometimes I come up with some support requests that are so evidently beneficial to the system that I just don’t understand how they are not part of the default package.

These little details certainly could be distributed as patches to default templates, without requiring a whole upgrade? But maybe it’s just me used with open-source CMSs… CS-Cart relies on sales, so they’ll do what they can to maximize them, be it through software or support.

It would be nice though, if end-users could be honored with an extension in their support or an extra license, if they have contributed with loads of their time and knowledge to make CS-Cart a better software.

I’m sure there are many here on this forum who would appreciate that, as their time spent here is actually “quality time” they could be putting somewhere else. :cool:

[QUOTE]It would be nice though, if end-users could be honored with an extension in their support or an extra license, if they have contributed with loads of their time and knowledge to make CS-Cart a better software.[/QUOTE]

CS-Cart do honor us with their ears, they listen, and as a result we have a basic cart that is a compertion beater, so it is only fair that we also put a little effort in aswell.

After all they are the one’s who have produced this cart, not you or me.

Does anyone know when 1.3.5 stable will be released? Just wondering how much work we should do on the beta.