Jump to content

  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upgrade To Mve 4.1.2 Breaks Static Pages? Rate Topic   - - - - -

 
  • simos
  • Member
  • Members
  • Join Date: 13-Nov 13
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:08 AM #1



Hi all

Recently upgraded:
-From: 4.0.3 To: 4.1.1
and subsequently:
-From: 4.1.1 To: 4.1.2

After upgrading:
Links to static pages (e.g. terms and conditions) stopped rendering the correct page. Instead, they render the homepage. The url changes to the correct location, and there is no redirect status
I have followed the request up until it is processed by: controllers/frontend/page.php. Everything appears to be ok. The $page variable contains the correct page. I can even print the page out, which prints the correct content and below it, it renders the homepage.
It looks like something overwrites page.php:
Registry::get('view')->assign('page', $page);
and is rendered instead.

Anyone has seen this thing before? It's really odd so I think our best bet is to either find out ourselves what is happening or hopefully find someone that has seen this before to comment. Raised a bug with CS-Cart too but unless it's a known issue, I have a feeling they won't investigate in detail...

Thanks

Simos

 
  • Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • Join Date: 18-Jan 11
  • 2651 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:34 PM #2

Hello simos,

We help to upgrade CS-Cart for many our clients but unfortunately we haven't run into the issue you have. It's difficult to advise you something here at a glance, it's necessary to examine your files.

Do you upgrade an unmodified cart (without custom modifications or third party add-ons)? Please, notice, upgrading of a modified cart can cause different issues and probably it is what happens in your situation.

Best regards, Alt-team

ADD-ONS  Web development service  | CS-Cart dedicated developers

Buy MULTIVENDOR - USD 1250 (14% off)   Buy CS-CART LICENCE - USD 345 (13% off)

 Email - manager@alt-team.com | Skype - Altteam    


 
  • eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • Join Date: 27-Jan 14
  • 19063 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:41 PM #3



Hi all

Recently upgraded:
-From: 4.0.3 To: 4.1.1
and subsequently:
-From: 4.1.1 To: 4.1.2

After upgrading:
Links to static pages (e.g. terms and conditions) stopped rendering the correct page. Instead, they render the homepage. The url changes to the correct location, and there is no redirect status
I have followed the request up until it is processed by: controllers/frontend/page.php. Everything appears to be ok. The $page variable contains the correct page. I can even print the page out, which prints the correct content and below it, it renders the homepage.
It looks like something overwrites page.php:
Registry::get('view')->assign('page', $page);
and is rendered instead.

Anyone has seen this thing before? It's really odd so I think our best bet is to either find out ourselves what is happening or hopefully find someone that has seen this before to comment. Raised a bug with CS-Cart too but unless it's a known issue, I have a feeling they won't investigate in detail...

Thanks

Simos


We have also never faced such issue. But if you provide us with the temporary FTP access, we can try to find a reason of the issue.

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.


 
  • simos
  • Member
  • Members
  • Join Date: 13-Nov 13
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:35 PM #4

Thanks all - we managed to resolve it for now but haven't been able to pinpoint the cause yet. It looks like it's most likely to do with the way we copied the theme from the old installation to the new - we had renamed it to differentiate and this seems to have cause some issues. If it's not the name then the only other thing that changed was permissions/file ownership.

Basically once we put these two back to what they were (folder name and file ownership), deleted the cache folder and restart apache the issue went away...