• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4.1.4 Released With Responsive Design Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ModNet
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:26 AM #41

A modern design in 2014 should, in my opinion, contain some exciting css3/html5 code. It's alot more exciting to view a page if it's looks a bit innovative and alive. I would like to see:

- Some exciting colors (the responsive beta design is a good start)
- Some simple animations (when hovering or selecting items for instance)
- Some exciting fonts

Here are some good examples of modern good selling designs:
http://themeforest.n...preview/4287447
http://demo.yithemes.com/bazar/

It's important that the webpage shows up correctly in all kinds of browsers and phones though. If the design is seriously affecting the speed or browser compatibility, then it is a problem.

I would personally be happy to pay $50-100 to get a new design, so I hope there will be more skins available for cs-cart in the future.

• NairdaCart
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:40 PM #42

For me the most important things with an ecommerce site are speed and reliability followed by the quality of the products.

Colors, animations and fonts may look cool to other developers but customers couldn't care less about them. They just want the product at the right price from a secure, easy to use site that delivers when promised.

• ModNet
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:53 PM #43

I agree with you on your priority. Speed, reliability and ease of use (simple checkout etc) are the most important things.
I do think the design is important for a lot of shops though. I don't think expensive designer clothes or Rolex watches would sell very well in a simple os-commerce shop for instance. If anything at all.

On the other hand, it's not possible to make one design that will suit all shops/owners. Everyone has different taste.