Google Tips Seo Tips

Hi,

I have submitted one of my client site to google search and submitted sitemap in webmaster. Its been 3 months now I can just see home page alone in search result of google.

The indexed count was 651 and 450 was done so far. Since I dont want to mess things up. I am just watching it.

Version: 4.0.3

SEO addon is on

Is there any thing else I can do to bring site-link and other part of site

robot file text

User-agent: *

Disallow: /images/thumbnails/

Disallow: /app/

Disallow: /design/

Disallow: /js/

Disallow: /var/

Disallow: /store_closed.html

Crawl-delay: 10

Any small help will be much appreciated.

Thanks again

? any suggestion guys

Could be a number of things so with the url hard to know.

Does the product page contant either content that is found on another site or does it contain large amounts of the same content on each page. Do you have enough text or too many images, adverts, pulled in content. Do you have a stray noindex on in your template ?

Are you searching Google for:

site: yourdomain.com

That should give you a good listing of all your indexed pages.

Hi @kickoff3pm

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Does the product page contant either content that is found on another site or does it contain large amounts of the same content on each page.[/font][/color]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”]Answer : All content are written on own but some points are repetitive in many product pages (same type products) [/color][/font]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”] [/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Do you have enough text or too many images, adverts, pulled in content.[/font][/color]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”]Answer: I have text and links in all pages to its need and the home page is mostly banner driven but have many links. Each products will be accessible with just 2 to 3 clicks. (all images are anchor tagged and alt text provided) [/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Do you have a stray noindex on in your template ? [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]answer: I am using default basic template of cs cart and just used my chnage for css over rides. Not aware in what your saying in this… [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Hi @magpile don[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Yep it works and all the pages are fetching up. Why its not working with normal search domain.com in google? [/font][/color]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”]I am not SEO guy but submitted nearly 28 + cs cart sites to google and all works just smooth… with in few weeks i can see a clear sitelinks for the site in google search. [/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]But this one site gaveup on me and created a negative name with my client… I have done same what I did for other sites nothing new or nothing left. [/font][/color]

Exactly the same issue in here. Any luck?

Might this be .htaccess entries? Or SEO-addon?

We've got the latest 4.0.1 Multi-Vendor store.

No luck mate… Its still the same. Dont know what is the issue.

Hi,

We have the same here …I have found the following in the meta tags:

[size=4][font=monospace][/font][/size]

I have posted a question with the help desk.

Maybe it is nothing …

Peter

[quote name='Woodwalker' timestamp='1400762746' post='184073']

Hi,

We have the same here …I have found the following in the meta tags:

[size=4][font=monospace][/font][/size]

I have posted a question with the help desk.

Maybe it is nothing …

Peter

[/quote]

Where did you see this ?

Take it out immediatley…Search engines and Google will completely drop your site from results when seeing this…especially if appearing on every page

John

John, thx for your response,

That is what I also thought. I have seen this on many page's, even on product page's in the shop… So I have posted the question at the service desk how to take it out and to check why it is there. Every future update will possibly over wright it afterwards.

I assume it is in some template.

I have checked in Google “site: …” no results anymore

For example the home page for storefront www.diverzy.nl/gevelbekleding, look in the source code line 16 where it belong between

Keralit Kunststof Gevelbekleding (Webshop, Advies en Montage) https://www.diverzy.nl/gevelbekleding/”]https://www.diverzy.nl/gevelbekleding/[/url]” /> [color=#ff0000][/color] htt

When I get a response from the service desk I will post the answer here.

Peter

That would be a place where an addon would put its code. Did you have someone develop this? My guess is that you have a file called meta.post.tpl somewhere and in that file, you will find this code.

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon, thx for your reply and suggestion I’ll look in to it right away.

Because I am still in the learning process I have no custom addons and have no third party addons used yet.

Conclusion: this tag should not be there.

I have a hunch why and how the tag is there, let’s wait what the response of the Service Desk is.

Because of this discussion I have looked in to the source code of your site (and of John’s #9) and noticed that you are using the keywords tag fully. What I read and learn about this everywhere is that Google is not using this tag anymore, besides of spam indicator. The advice that comes back all the time is sparely using the keyword tag, so 6 to 8 max, to avoid considered as spam and receive a penalty what influences your ranking.

see also on youtube posted 2009, but still actual I think: Google does not use the keywords meta tag in web ranking - YouTube

What are your thoughts about this?

Peter

Update

Brandon, you're absolutely right with the template. Deleting {if !$smarty.request|fn_seo_is_indexed_page}

{/if} results in the deletion of the tag.

So thx for your suggestion! And this leaves the answering of the question “why and how is that tag there”

Peter

update (issue solved) see solution and cause description of CS-Cart Service Desk below.

Peter

[color=#555555]Most probably, the issue with the [/color]meta name=“robots”[color=#555555] tag is caused by HTTPS connection used in your store. If the whole store works through HTTPS connection and the SEO add-on is enabled, the pages of the store will not be indexed by search engines as it is permitted to index and to follow such pages by the SEO add-on. If you wish to enable indexing for secure pages, please take the following steps:[/color]

[color=#555555]1. Open the [/color]app/addons/seo/func.php[color=#555555] file.[/color]

[color=#555555]2. Replace the following lines:[/color]

if (defined('HTTPS')) {

return false;

}

[color=#555555]with these ones:[/color]

if (defined('HTTPS')) {

// return false;

}

[color=#555555]3. Save the file.[/color]

[color=#555555]4. Clear the store cache by renaming the [/color]var/cache[color=#555555] directory of your store installation.[/color]

[color=#555555]I hope this will help you. As regards changing the attribute value of the [/color]meta[color=#555555] tag, I should tell you that the tag should disappear after the changes above are made, so I guess this change is not required now.[/color]

Well that makes sense now. I didn't realize your site was https.

As for the keywords, I work with a lot of sites that make a ton of money and most of them utilize keywords. I also work with an SEO guy that really knows his stuff and he uses keywords too. Personally, I question if they really make a difference, but seeing the income of the sites I work on, I'll go with that they do help.

I'd imagine that there is a right way and wrong way to do them though.

Thanks,

Brandon

I still have my keywords left over from 2.1.2 days, after various updates and imports. As for now I dont add them in as much but still do use them and am quite happy with my good organic rankings

John

Issue solved :grin: but more to solve, some SSL trouble left. After migrating to a new server we experienced an endless loop and we had to force the shop in to SSL by adding define(‘HTTPS’,‘ON’); in the config.php. The shops are working now but I am not able to upgrade to 4.1.3. , it seems to a bug.

Thanks for sharing your ideas about the keyword subject, in your situation I understand your strategy.

Because I have no ranking yet, a few customers and marginal turnover I must optimize and stick to the “rule” as much as possible.

Concerning the keywords I’am using no more than 8 and besides of a lot of other things I’ll focus on optimized content and texts with the most important keywords.

:confused: Another question if I may …I screwed up with the thumbnail and images background, somewhere I used the a background color yellow for testing purposes (I think) so I have a yellow part above and under the images (see http://www.diverzy.nl/) hot deals. It is just in one storefront and I can’t find back where to change it in transparent. I am sure it must be simple, I have replaced styles.css and styles.less but no effect.

Thx

Peter

Hi…ravt

That would be a place where an addon would put its code. Did you have someone develop this?

Because I am still in the learning process I have no custom addons and have no third party addons used yet.

Conclusion: this tag should not be there.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1398377124' post='182294']

Are you searching Google for:

site: yourdomain.com

That should give you a good listing of all your indexed pages.

[/quote]

Great explanation! Using this query you can see how many your website pages are indexed on google. This is very helpful to every webmaster. But, who need to index their site keywords on search engine that’s way they must get best seo services to their site.

yes the keywords should not be used more… good page name and description…and content