• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Define Meta Descriptions/keywords For Pages, Products And Homepage? Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:19 PM #1

Hi,
I am running CS-Cart 4.1.2 and was wondering how I can edit/update the META keywords and META descriptions. I am aware that I can set META keywords sitewide through the layout template, but I am wondering if I can have more fine-grained control over META keywords on individual pages, or individual products. This used to be easy on CS-Cart 3.x, but I don't see that functionality any more in v 4.1.x.

[1] If I update the keywords for PAGES, the same keywords appear on each PAGE.
How do I define keywords for PAGE A (i.e. About Us), and other keywords on PAGE B (i.e. FAQ)?

[2] If I update the keywords for PRODUCTS, the same keywords appear on each PRODUCT page.
How do I define keywords for PRODUCT A and other keywords on PRODUCT B?

[3] How do I update the META description on PRODUCT pages? I only see that the text of the FULL DESCRIPTION is used for that purpose.

[4] How do I update the META description on individual PAGES? I only see that the text from the main content is used for that purpose.

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1840 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:25 PM #2

Have you looked at section SEO / Meta data when you edit a product or page?

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for 365-day support and custom development service

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21980 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:53 AM #3

<p>

Hi, I am running CS-Cart 4.1.2 and was wondering how I can edit/update the META keywords and META descriptions. I am aware that I can set META keywords sitewide through the layout template, but I am wondering if I can have more fine-grained control over META keywords on individual pages, or individual products. This used to be easy on CS-Cart 3.x, but I don&amp;#39;t see that functionality any more in v 4.1.x. [1] If I update the keywords for PAGES, the same keywords appear on each PAGE. How do I define keywords for PAGE A (i.e. About Us), and other keywords on PAGE B (i.e. FAQ)? [2] If I update the keywords for PRODUCTS, the same keywords appear on each PRODUCT page. How do I define keywords for PRODUCT A and other keywords on PRODUCT B? [3] How do I update the META description on PRODUCT pages? I only see that the text of the FULL DESCRIPTION is used for that purpose. [4] How do I update the META description on individual PAGES? I only see that the text from the main content is used for that purpose.

Page title, META description and META keywords fields exist on each "update item" page in the admin panel. Please have a look.
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:12 PM #4

Ahhh, I see. I was used to version 3.x where the SEO META data was entered through an add-on tab.... simply overlooked that the SEO is now defined on the main product page.

Thanks!

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21980 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:28 AM #5

Ahhh, I see. I was used to version 3.x where the SEO META data was entered through an add-on tab.... simply overlooked that the SEO is now defined on the main product page.

Thanks!

Things happen. You are welcome!
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)