How To Define Meta Descriptions/keywords For Pages, Products And Homepage?

Hi,

I am running CS-Cart 4.1.2 and was wondering how I can edit/update the META keywords and META descriptions. I am aware that I can set META keywords sitewide through the layout template, but I am wondering if I can have more fine-grained control over META keywords on individual pages, or individual products. This used to be easy on CS-Cart 3.x, but I don't see that functionality any more in v 4.1.x.

[1] If I update the keywords for PAGES, the same keywords appear on each PAGE.

How do I define keywords for PAGE A (i.e. About Us), and other keywords on PAGE B (i.e. FAQ)?

[2] If I update the keywords for PRODUCTS, the same keywords appear on each PRODUCT page.

How do I define keywords for PRODUCT A and other keywords on PRODUCT B?

[3] How do I update the META description on PRODUCT pages? I only see that the text of the FULL DESCRIPTION is used for that purpose.

[4] How do I update the META description on individual PAGES? I only see that the text from the main content is used for that purpose.

Have you looked at section SEO / Meta data when you edit a product or page?

[quote name='brightlaunch' timestamp='1397765984' post='181907'] Hi, I am running CS-Cart 4.1.2 and was wondering how I can edit/update the META keywords and META descriptions. I am aware that I can set META keywords sitewide through the layout template, but I am wondering if I can have more fine-grained control over META keywords on individual pages, or individual products. This used to be easy on CS-Cart 3.x, but I don't see that functionality any more in v 4.1.x. [1] If I update the keywords for PAGES, the same keywords appear on each PAGE. [b]How do I define keywords for PAGE A [/b](i.e. About Us)[b], and other keywords on PAGE B [/b](i.e. FAQ)[b]?[/b] [2] If I update the keywords for PRODUCTS, the same keywords appear on each PRODUCT page. [b]How do I define keywords for PRODUCT A[/b][b] and other keywords on PRODUCT B?[/b] [3] [b]How do I update the META description on PRODUCT pages?[/b] I only see that the text of the FULL DESCRIPTION is used for that purpose. [4] [b]How do I update the META description on individual PAGES?[/b] I only see that the text from the main content is used for that purpose. [/quote]

Page title, META description and META keywords fields exist on each "update item" page in the admin panel. Please have a look.

Ahhh, I see. I was used to version 3.x where the SEO META data was entered through an add-on tab… simply overlooked that the SEO is now defined on the main product page.

Thanks!

[quote name='brightlaunch' timestamp='1398255153' post='182183']

Ahhh, I see. I was used to version 3.x where the SEO META data was entered through an add-on tab… simply overlooked that the SEO is now defined on the main product page.

Thanks!

[/quote]

Things happen. You are welcome!