How To Stop Cs-Cart From Copying Billing Address Phone Number To Contact

In my store configuration, phone number in Contact Information section is optional. I found that if a users leave phone number in contact section blank, cs-cart actually automatically copies the phone number from billing address section to contacts section!

What do I need to change if I don’t want that automatic copying to happen?

[quote name='yong2014' timestamp='1397703953' post='181841']

In my store configuration, phone number in Contact Information section is optional. I found that if a users leave phone number in contact section blank, cs-cart actually automatically copies the phone number from billing address section to contacts section!

What do I need to change if I don't want that automatic copying to happen?

[/quote]

We have tried to reproduce the issue but failed to do it. What CS-Cart version do you use?

Thanks.

I use cs-cart version 4.1.2 ultimate.

In Contact Information section, I set the First Name and Last Name as show and required, Phone as show but Not required.

In Billing Address section, phone number is show but Not required.

I logged in, and under “My Accounts” go to “Profile details” page, in my scenario I had set the phone to something, then removed it, and clicked “Save”. Then I see CS-Cart sets the phone number in Contact Information to be the same as the phone number in billing address. The phone number I deleted from Contact Information section was a different one, so it's not the old value coming back, it's definitely copying from billing address.

[quote name='yong2014' timestamp='1397817671' post='181935']

I use cs-cart version 4.1.2 ultimate.

In Contact Information section, I set the First Name and Last Name as show and required, Phone as show but Not required.

In Billing Address section, phone number is show but Not required.

I logged in, and under “My Accounts” go to “Profile details” page, in my scenario I had set the phone to something, then removed it, and clicked “Save”. Then I see CS-Cart sets the phone number in Contact Information to be the same as the phone number in billing address. The phone number I deleted from Contact Information section was a different one, so it's not the old value coming back, it's definitely copying from billing address.

[/quote]

Thank you for the explanation. Please open the “app/functions/fn.users.php” file and comment out or delete the following line:

$user_data['phone'] = empty($user_data['phone']) && !empty($user_data[$address_zone . '_phone']) ? $user_data[$address_zone . '_phone'] : $user_data['phone'];

Thanks

Thanks a lot eComLabs!