Wired Situation In Checkout Page

Hi Guys,

My payment gateway offers net banking option to my site customers. I have hired a developer to develop a plugin for it and all works fine on transaction base.

Right now one of my customer came to a scenario:

When he selects a bank type and click place order the customer get transferred to respective bank for net banking. When customer see the bank page he planned to change net transfer to another bank so, he clicks on back and then he selected another bank in drop down and then clicked place the order button again.

This time the payment gate way screen shows "merchant transaction Id duplicate Id "

I have contacted the plugin developer and he said me there is nothing much I can do as the plugin just send the order Id to the gate way system. The gate way system is not allowing 2nd try best is to contact them.

The payment gateway support said that there system record each transaction no the less it is success or failure. So we cant allow for second try.

He gave me a solution:

create a new order Id when the cart page reached back by the customer or a new order id for every instants a customer lands.

Does this can be done? is there any other alternative way to over come this.

RR

@ravt,

Why he cannot add order prefix or suffix for each attempt? For example, for order #34

1st attempt:

send “34”

2nd attempt:

send “34_2”

e.t.c.

How to do this @ecomlab.

Order Id is created for every instant (with certain set of products) automatically by system right. How to make different order Id for every checkout visit.

Look at the code for authorize.net. it adds a timestamp to the order id so it's unique.

[quote name='ravt' timestamp='1396953402' post='181271']

How to do this @ecomlab.

Order Id is created for every instant (with certain set of products) automatically by system right. How to make different order Id for every checkout visit.

[/quote]

tbirnseth is right. Here is a sample code:

$new_order_id = $order_id . '_' . TIME;

Thanks.

you guys are real helpful.

I have asked the Plugin developer to look into it.

Thanks again guys… Thanks for the valuable time.

[quote name='ravt' timestamp='1397111650' post='181432']

you guys are real helpful.

I have asked the Plugin developer to look into it.

Thanks again guys… Thanks for the valuable time.

[/quote]

Additional code examination is required. If you are ready to provide us with the temporary FTP access, please PM me.