Abandoned Cart Newsletter To Customer

Hi,

I am trying to create email alert for customers who have Abandoned Cart after few hrs.

can this be done.

i have the email to have the product detail of the product which they have added to the basket.

Let me know your suggestion guys.

RR

Any update on this guys.?

trying to figure this out but not able to do it.

The vast majority of abonadoned carts do not have any contact info associated with them. I.e. they are not registered users and/or they have not completed step-1 of the checkout process. Hence there is no way to know who to notify (unless they return, but then they would probably pick-up their cart anyway if they came back).

[quote name='ravt' timestamp='1396043395' post='180357']

I am trying to create email alert for customers who have Abandoned Cart after few hrs.

can this be done.

i have the email to have the product detail of the product which they have added to the basket.

Let me know your suggestion guys.

[/quote]

What version do you use? Since 4.0.x you can find the “Customers with abandoned Cart/Wishlist for which is … days old” on the newsletter details page. You can choose whether to send the newsletter to customers with abandoned cart, wishlist, or both, and choose the number of days for that their cart/wishlist must be abandoned to receive the newslatter.

Who you gonna send it to? If there's no contact info related to the cart, there's no where to send anything.

We've been going through this topic for years now. Any site that supports anonymous users will have 90% of “abandoned carts” without contact info.

HI,

Thanks again for @thlrnseth and @ecomlab for discussing this out.

@thlrnseth I dont worry for customers who are not registered to the system. We have a discount for first time buyer and they register to get the coupon but some leave the site, we are planning to bring them back to site.

as @ecomlab said I too saw that options in newsletter section. but dont know how to configure it and how to add the respective cart product to the mail and how to send to respective person. (there is no mailing list or so to do it)

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1396474381' post='180799']

Who you gonna send it to? If there's no contact info related to the cart, there's no where to send anything.

We've been going through this topic for years now. Any site that supports anonymous users will have 90% of “abandoned carts” without contact info.

[/quote]

Abandoned carts are stored both for signed in and unregistered customers. Of course, in this case we can send newsletter to the registered customers only. I do not see any problems with it.

[quote name='ravt' timestamp='1396497805' post='180815']

as @ecomlab said I too saw that options in newsletter section. but dont know how to configure it and how to add the respective cart product to the mail and how to send to respective person. (there is no mailing list or so to do it)

[/quote]

Unfortunately there is no ability to add cart content to the newsletter. You can send only reminder email with the text added through the WYSIWYG editor.

If you want to customize this feature, please contact us at http://ecom-labs.com

Thank you.

Hello ravt,

We've developed several modifications for abandoned carts and one of them is Abandoned Cart e-mail reminder CS-Cart “Abandoned Cart E-mail Reminder” modification As eComLabs correctly noticed, CS-Cart 4 made abandoned cart email notifications easier but as you need some customization we will be glad to offer a good quote for you.

Please contact us if you are interested.

Best regards, Alt-team

My client said BIG NO NO for any additional custom work charge… I am working around bits and nuts to satisfy him.

It's ridiculous that a shopping cart software like CS-Cart doesn't provide the most basic of functions to include products in its bundled Newsletter software.