• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Using The Same Gateway On Multiple Carts? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ckad79
  • Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:28 PM #1

Question for you guys. So, let's say I have an existing merchant account setup with a CS-Cart Shopping Cart that I operate. So, I plan on creating a brand new business but to save money including service fees, I want to use the same merchant account on the other sites.

I know that technically I can go into each cart and paste the same site id, transaction key, etc in my Authorize.net settings. That being said, the transactions would all process under the same account and all money would all deposit into the same account.

I've been told that most processors are OK with this. My question is, could it send up a red flag? What sort of problems may I experience in testing this?

I looked at Authorize.net's website and I see where you can add Response/Receipt URLs, and this is how Authorize.net explains it:

The Payment Gateway verifies the URL specified in the post string against the URLs in this list. If the URL provided does not match one of the values on this list, the transaction will be rejected. If no URL is provided, the Default URL value will be used.

So, I assume as long as my alternate domains are added to the response/receipt url list, then they should clear correct?
"Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think" T. Snider.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11937 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:56 AM #2

Yes, but you probably want to be very upfront with your merchant account provider to ensure they are okay with your plan.
Make sure you use an order prefix (or it could be suffix) that is different on each storefront so you don't run into overlapping order_id's (unless you're running ULTIMATE where there would be no overlap).

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21380 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:58 AM #3

@ckad79,

tbirnseth is right. Please note that not all payment systems integrated with CS-Cart have the "Order prefix" setting. Also some merchant account providers do not support any other characters except digits in the "Order identifier" parameter. For example, you are not able to send the "MyStore_18" or "18myStore" values for the order ID "18".
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)