• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cs-Cart 4 And Conditional Css Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:14 PM #1

Has anyone had any luck with using conditional css with CS-Cart 4, specifically for Internet Explorer?

{literal}
<!--[if gt IE 8]>
<style type="text/css">
 .top-menu {
 margin-top: 62px!important;
}
</style>
<![endif]-->
{/literal}

I've got a client that has laid out their entire site and has one quirk that only shows up on IE and I've gone through several attempted fixes to apply a conditional css statement to fix it for them. No luck.

I've tried my changes, {literal} to index.tpl and it does not affect the output in IE. Responds fine to Mozilla and Safari conditional and targeting.

Jeremy
Requin Creative Group
CS-Cart License | CS-Cart Addons

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:43 AM #2

Which version of IE? I can't remember if it is 9 or 10, but starting with one of those, conditional formatting no longer works. I've read a couple of work arounds that are out there, but nothing seems to work.

I wish I could be more help, but that is all I got.

Thanks,

Brandon

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:05 PM #3

Which version of IE? I can't remember if it is 9 or 10, but starting with one of those, conditional formatting no longer works. I've read a couple of work arounds that are out there, but nothing seems to work.

I wish I could be more help, but that is all I got.

Thanks,

Brandon

Thanks Brandon. I appreciate the response.

Jeremy
Requin Creative Group

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:57 PM #4

In case anyone else needs it, I had to adjust base.css to support the IE requirements and then Hack the Visual Editor CSS as follows:

/*Mozilla Support*/
@-moz-document url-prefix() {
  .top-menu {
  margin-top:31px;
  }
}

/*Saf3+ and Chrome1+ */
@media screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:0) {
  .top-menu {
  margin-top:30px;
  }
}

Jeremy
Requin Creative Group

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19984 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:08 PM #5

@requincreative,

Thank you for the useful information.
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:47 PM #6

@requincreative,

Thank you for the useful information.

Sure thing.

I normally don't condone the use of CSS hacks in the age of standards-compliant browsers, but it was a the path of least resistance for a design that I wasn't involved in from the start.

Jeremy
Requin Creative Group