Note To Cs Cart. Do Community Agree To It?

Hi,

To start with I love cs cart. I have developed more sites using cs cart so far. I love it and my clients love it.

I am struck with clients who are using lower version of cart example version 3 and version 4.0.3

They are not willing to upgrade but they are in stage to fix the bug on the version. I know cs cart patch the bug along with next upgrades.

It will be really great full if cs cart can pass the bug fix alone to the older versions packages. So all customers can run bug free system. In my 28 clients nearly 17 are regularly upgrading the system and reaming 11 are not willing to upgrade to latest version but requesting me to fix the bug present in there version (since I am the man in middle ) I face hell lot of trouble in finding the bug fix in bug fix form and correcting it but still some bugs are to complex which are not posted there.

It will be grateful if cs cart can send a bug fix patch upgrade alone to lower version customers who runs the shop. This people run there online shop just as a requirement to show that they have online shop to there customers but mostly sales are happening offline. so they are not willing to pay any extra since no revenue flowing down the pipe.

Any suggestion from community voice will be grateful.

I'm sure helpdesk will provide you the diffs for fixes for existing bugs in older versions.

Hi,

@tbirnseth Yep helpdesk does the bug fix. Since I am maintaining many sites its so hard to keep track of all at a time for each bug fix.

It will be much easier if cs cart offer in system upgrade for just bug fix so customers can implement it on there own then coming back to developers.

[quote name='ravt' timestamp='1393842182' post='178629']

Hi,

@tbirnseth Yep helpdesk does the bug fix. Since I am maintaining many sites its so hard to keep track of all at a time for each bug fix.

It will be much easier if cs cart offer in system upgrade for just bug fix so customers can implement it on there own then coming back to developers.

[/quote]

Would be nice. But then they would lose out on charging you support credits =)

They do, it's called an upgrade. But unfortunately with an upgrade you get bug fixes and new bugs.

No support credits are charged for bug fixes and/or patches related to bugs. If you want them to apply the fixes, then there might be a charge since that takes some time/management to do.

Unfortunately though, there are some bugs in version 2 that they do not fix or post fixes for. They said too much code needs to be rewritten and have only fixed it in version 3.

It will be nice. Cs cart just rolls out bug fix patch alone for members who are staying in lower versions.

So they can save time in applying for all users who request via support desk. The individual users can fix there bug automatically by them self.

Hope our Voice reaches them. !!!